How (not) to build a PC case :)

A special thanks to the following people for their inspiration and help in my endeavor

Current status
Assembling and waiting on parts in the mail

Hello, and welcome.

I'll be logging my entire process of building a computer case if anyone in the community is interested in how I made / making mine.

I'm using 15x15 T Slot aluminum for my frame, Sheet steel for my side panel's and Acrylic for my interior panels, (possibly) tempered glass for my side window.

The case is designed to have a basement and attic. The intake is on the bottom and the exhaust is on the top.

I should have around 4,800 watts of cooling capacity

• 3 liters of coolant
  • 2 reservoirs
  • 2 pumps
  • 30 fans
  • (4) 64mm thick rads (3-480&1-360)

Case dimensions are going to be about 630mmX230mmX1000mm Size is subject to change as I assemble the system.

Original paint sketch

TPkySFk.png

Quick model of basement/attic panels made with my phone
CiJnGho.png
More designs in MS paint.
rt98iiA.png

More advanced design of the Acrylic basement/ attic panels. 
4s9D5ji.png

Finalized design (prototype) 
JvnRXpP.jpg

Assembling the frame- 2 liter for size comparison.
88AkBM1.jpg

Adding secondary supports for lower 480mm rad
2D883p5.png

Designing motherboard frame supports and working on designing the acrylic motherboard mounting tray.
bsj2KL2.jpg

Tubing mocked up with soft tubing for proof of concept.
IMG_20191111_220847.jpg?width=507&height=676

IMG_20191118_073823.jpg?width=507&height=676

IMG_20191119_072626.jpg?width=507&height=676

16 minutes ago, Tekgnome said:

I should have around 4,800 watts of cooling capacity

The main question, did you obtain a license to run thermonuclear reactor at your home ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

55 minutes ago, Juular said:

The main question, did you obtain a license to run thermonuclear reactor at your home ?

If I ever need a replacement rad for my car, I can just ratchet strap my case to the front of it ?

-Moved to Case Modding and Other Mods-

This is super awesome! But so huge!!! ???

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

and i thought my build was nuts haha gj. hey why not 90 degree the mb? or you got plants for the gpu? putting some 180mm air penatrators would be cool. but hey if you already got the fans then w/e haha.

pc update 005.jpg

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 11/15/2019 at 8:46 PM, thrasher_565 said:

and i thought my build was nuts haha gj. hey why not 90 degree the mb? or you got plants for the gpu? putting some 180mm air penatrators would be cool. but hey if you already got the fans then w/e haha.

pc update 005.jpg

I already have most of my design already worked out, and I really like the vertical MB :)

I got a lot done this week, the top acrylic panel is in and both loops are filled and leak checked. Also got a bunch of 4 port fan hubs so I can start organizing my fans. I only have 16 of them installed between the two 480 rads atm. I'm waiting for more money to pick up the next  two 480 rads and the rest of the F3 Vardar fans I need. I did ordered some 480mm filters from https://www.demcifilter.com/

I'm currently designing the motherboard tray / case back plate. Should be finished with the new acrylic sometime this week, did some cable management too.

I would like to at least credit MunkeyMods 

http://smartcomputerstore-com.3dcartstores.com/

They have been doing all of my custom acrylic work.
IMG_20191119_072626.jpg?width=507&height=676

IMG_20191118_234546.jpg?width=901&height=676

The motherboard tray is done.

I'm working on the left and right acrylic panels.
I should have all three of them finished and cut next week.

2N0nmfv.jpg

Here are some sexy shots of my current loop setup.

C58LumB.jpgSO7Gqjm.jpg

this should be moved to the build log... your get more attention and easier to find. yes its is case modding but i feel its more of a build log but up to you.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links