[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

4 minutes ago, Juular said:

Should be fine if it's cheap enough.

Its currently 141.33$ on my country is this a good deal?

Hi everyone.

I have a Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W, in which tier should it be?.

Also, I have it from along 8 years ago and I love it, should I be thinking for a replace? (I use to stress it up to 60%, at the moment I have arround 650W at full use).

Thanks.

12 hours ago, And21 said:

Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W

Probably tier B low priority as i don't know any detailed reviews on it's platform but it's LLC + DC-DC with OTP. Although it's probably too old to be good anyway, i would've been thinking about replacing it.

22 hours ago, Ejayy said:

Its currently 141.33$ on my country is this a good deal?

What country ? Any alternatives from tier A ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Red dragon rpg-gc 500 watts/ 600 watts 80 plus bronze, are good?

MWE bronze v2 500w and mwe bronze v2 550w v230

may i know which one better? my country cannot get the full range one...

and how about super flower silver eco?

my spec is 10th gen i3 + 1650s

Does Cooler Master MVE Gold 750w (not V2) have issues too? The non-modular version .650 or 750W

So I am trying to figure  =out if I'll need a new PS for a future build.

Currently have a EVGA 850-GQ

I am planning on a 5900X on an ASUS Strix X570-E Gaming and a Sapphire RX 6800XT and only 32GB (16x2) Ballistix Ram.

Would it be good enough or do I need a better higher watt PS?? I know the GQ is on the B tier, I was thinking about a Seasonic FOCUS 1000W, or could I get away with the EVGA? I would even be willing to get a FOCUS 850W if it's enough.

Edit: a Asus ROG RYUO 240MM AIO if it matters.

thanks for any help. :)

Edited by Neocorteqz
added AIO

On 12/21/2020 at 7:02 PM, Neocorteqz said:

So I am trying to figure  =out if I'll need a new PS for a future build.

Currently have a EVGA 850-GQ

I am planning on a 5900X on an ASUS Strix X570-E Gaming and a Sapphire RX 6800XT and only 32GB (16x2) Ballistix Ram.

Would it be good enough or do I need a better higher watt PS?? I know the GQ is on the B tier, I was thinking about a Seasonic FOCUS 1000W, or could I get away with the EVGA? I would even be willing to get a FOCUS 850W if it's enough.

Edit: a Asus ROG RYUO 240MM AIO if it matters.

thanks for any help. :)

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

On 12/18/2020 at 3:19 AM, Sapphiree said:

Based on price i would go for Strix, based on quality both are very good in terms of used electronics, both are silent, from what i know white RMx is still based on V1 version of RM platform released in 2015, Strix was released in mid 2019 so there will be no problems with Seasonic platform made prior 2018 which was causing problems with some cards if you happen to buy an early model produced. New revisions should be now based on seasonic newest GX platform.

Interesting.  Just wondering if you have some source for this info.  I think I read is somewhere too that its using V1 components but I can't seem to find it.  I was able to reserve (microcenter) of a White RM850x ($20 cheaper) today but I still have a until the 26th to pick it up. If I can confirm 100% that the White 2018 is using V1 parts, I would just go with the Asus Strix 850w.

19 minutes ago, war_pigs said:

Interesting.  Just wondering if you have some source for this info.  I think I read is somewhere too that its using V1 components but I can't seem to find it.  I was able to reserve (microcenter) of a White RM850x ($20 cheaper) today but I still have a until the 26th to pick it up.

The white RMx is just white. The 2018 version is based on the 2018 RMx, and uses normal white cables. You can tell it's based on the 2018 version just by its length (16cm, vs 18cm 2015). The 2015 version was based on the 2015 RMx, and also came with white, individually sleeved cables.

21 minutes ago, war_pigs said:

If I can confirm 100% that the White 2018 is using V1 parts, I would just go with the Asus Strix 850w.

The 2015 RMx is better than the 2018, so I'm not sure why you would go for the Strix in that case... Even with the $203 vs $215 prices, I would easily choose the RMx. The Strix replaced the fan with a DBB fan, to make the Focus even louder. Getting custom cables should also be easier for the RMx (in general).

:)

Hi, I am currently transitioning on my current build. My question is about the power supply that I should use. My pc will consist of a R5 5600x and RX 6800 / xt or RTX 3070ti / Super or whatever it's called if it's worth it, I still have my EVGA 650 G3, do you think EVGA is enough for RX 6800 or should I sell and buy a new 850w? I was looking at the list and these were my options:

PS-TPD-0850FNFAGU-1

CP-9020188-NA

PS-TPD-0850F3FAGA-1

PRIME PX-850

PS-TPI-0850F2FDPU-1

I currently live in Mexico so my options are limited.

I'd appreciate your help.

4 minutes ago, joher said:

Hi, I am currently transitioning on my current build. My question is about the power supply that I should use. My pc will consist of a R5 5600x and RX 6800 / xt or RTX 3070ti / Super or whatever it's called if it's worth it, I still have my EVGA 650 G3, do you think EVGA is enough for RX 6800 or should I sell and buy a new 850w? I was looking at the list and these were my options:

PS-TPD-0850FNFAGU-1

CP-9020188-NA

PS-TPD-0850F3FAGA-1

PRIME PX-850

PS-TPI-0850F2FDPU-1

I currently live in Mexico so my options are limited.

I'd appreciate your help.

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

21 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

I do not occupy a personalized answer, I asked a question in general. I only need to know if that PSU that I mention that it is the EVGA 650 G3 would be enough for the build that I mention but if I cannot get a satisfactory answer there is no problem, anyway thank you.

3 hours ago, joher said:

I asked a question in general

You didn't ask a question about the tiering of PSUs, or differences between some, or smth like that, you asked a question about PSU choice for your specific rig.

On 12/24/2020 at 6:23 AM, joher said:

do you think EVGA is enough for RX 6800 or should I sell and buy a new 850w?

As long as it works fine - yes it is.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Hi Everyone, 

Im deciding between Corsair RM650 and NZXT C650...Could you please help me choose the best among these two. Both are similarly priced in my place...

[2] Cooler Master MWE V2 units have high ripple issues on very low load also resulting in increased coil whine, fix pending.<Has this been fixed?

9 hours ago, josephkarthic said:

Hi Everyone, 

Im deciding between Corsair RM650 and NZXT C650...Could you please help me choose the best among these two. Both are similarly priced in my place...

Red Dragon 500 watts/600 watts 80 plus bronze, what psu tier list is it?

Gamemax VP 500/600/700 watts 80 plus bronze which is the psu tier list with eco mode button?

Seasonic S12II or Red Dragon RPS-GC 500 watts 80 plus bronze and Gamemax VP 500/600/700 watts 80 plus bronze 3 years warranty for GTX 1660 Super MSI Ventus OC 192 bits 6GB GDDR6?

The reddragon  has japanese capacitors, it has ovp, uvp, scp, otp and ocp protections, and fixed cables. It is not modular. I have seen in red dragon web page and gamemax brand web page.

The Seasonic is outdate desing and old group regulated, with desactive c-states in intel in bios, 4ta generation haswell or superior, in amd raven ridge how desactivate this states? I have ASUS Prime A320M-K AM4 Motherboard Bios Version 4023

My PC is AMD Athlon 200ge, Asus Prime A320M-K AM4, 8GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, Generic Case, Nvidia GTX 1050 TI ROG Strix ASUS 4GB GDDR5 128 bits, 1TB WD Caviar Blue 7200 RPM, Windows 10 Home 64 bits with disabled update because use a pirate Windows 10 with kms pico, my psu is Seasonic S12II 520 watts 80 plus bronze, i havent ticking noise for now. i have other seasonic has ticking noise with the same graphics card, the noise is for one week, then i haven heard the psu, my pc was 0 any problems only the noise, i wish buy a red dragon psu o gamemax for my rig, other psu are gigabyte pb550b with 3 years warranty, i sell my two seasonic for ml, i never find in argentina good psu since this year because for covid 19, i have buy a economic options, i never had buy a expensive psu, my rig are needed 300 watts or 350 watts no more. 

I see this psu tier list in my country of psu tier by other user in reddit:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pshWG7xXr_FtQvPlAxyj9Ppw8KuN7Gov/view

It is in spanish, Esta en español, si alguien habla español fijese, si esta correcto y actualizen la lista que faltan fuentes de poder, faltan las gigabyte pb450b,pb550b con tres años de garantia, las red dragon y la gamemax vp que son economicas en mi pais, las otra fuentes no hay, ya no se consiguen corsair cx etiquete gris, yo tuve una cx550m pero ya la vendi,

My other rig is AMD Ryzen 3 3100, Mother Asus Prime A320M-K, 16GB DDR4 2400 Mhz Kingston Value Dual Channel, 2 TB WD Caviar Blue 7200 RPM, Cooler Master CM 590 III Black Case, Cooler AMD Stock, Nvidia GTX 1660 Super MSI Ventus OC XS 6GB DDR6 192 bits, Red Dragon RPGS-GC 600 watts 80 plus bronze, Eastern Electric Company is the oem of psu, Windows 10 Home 64 bits.

Hello everyone.

My question is this:

I have been having problems with my PC for some time, since when I play Al F-1 2015 or DIRT4 shortly after playing the game (maximum 20 min.) The screen turns off (the fans do not) and it touches me restart of the off button (lately it turns off and I have to turn off the power off button of the source so that it starts), so I have thought that the problem is with my power supply that when it has to supply power to the top it crashes .

Now I give you the list of the parts of my PC, I know that it is somewhat old, but now I cannot renew it, so I ask you for advice to change my power supply.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA990FXA UD5 (Socket AM3 +)

Processor: AMD FX-9370

Graphics: Radeon R9270 (2GB. GDDR5)

RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1866 PC3-14900 16GB 2x8GB CL9

Power Supply: Nox Urano TX 850W

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO - 500 GB.

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2Tb. Seagate Barracuda 1Tb. Samsung 500Gb.

Hi guys, I need your help.

I recently got an Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 750W, and I saw in the list that there are two versions, the standard (tier A), and the Chinese (tier D). Is there a way to tell which one I got?

antec.png