My problem with this generation (Would be awesome if you read it! :) )

Jeroen1322

How muchz?

I think they have to pay you since it's a job but since you're not coming back anytime soon it's pretty much useless.

The majority of girls I've met are interested in my hobbies and various technology related intellectual conversation. I've definitely noticed as I've got older, girls have become more mature, funny that. My parents, well my Dad specifically, has always understand the technology sector, all of his friends at high school didn't believe that the computer was going to be as big as it today, and bring in as much money as it does today. (He led a team that developed the infrastructure around Eftpos machines) 

There's a difference between a genuinely intelligent person, and someone that just sits around playing games all day mind you.

#!

My mom does that as well but she also thinks I am gay.

Same here and so does everyone else at my school it's awesome. No weirdos challenging me to do things.

As for the op I am right there with you. People are uneducated when it comes to what we all do here and just go off of what other people say.

You're not anti-social, you are just not user friendly. :P

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

My biggest problem is with girls that are aging 16-18 years old. They post pictures with them half naked, going to parties, drinking, and always looking for someone to talk to. Then they find someone, and when the guy breaks up with her, she's all like " guys are such assholes, all guys are the same, i just want a good guy" etc. That's my biggest concern with this generation. /end rant

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

There's a quick way to turn those people over: Show em your steam library with many AAA games they paid USD 60 for and tell em you got em all for 10 or sometimes even 5 bucks.

To the people that listen I tell them that and this year I converted two people to PC!

CPU: 4670K / Cooler: H100i / RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866MHz / Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 / GPU: MSI TF 780 Gaming Edition / Case: Corsair Vengence C70 / Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo & 2TB Seagate Barracuda / PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX750G

My biggest problem is with girls that are aging 16-18 years old. They post pictures with them half naked, going to parties, drinking, and always looking for someone to talk to. Then they find someone, and when the guy breaks up with her, she's all like " guys are such assholes, all guys are the same, i just want a good guy" etc. That's my biggest concern with this generation. /end rant

I'm afraid to say, that has happened every generation since after World War 2, hell, probably even during that. It just wasn't as publicized because of the internet. Same old stuff happens every generation, ours just looks the worst because of how well documented and connected everyone is now.

#!

Don't have this problem in Cali. People here are too liberal to care what other people do with their lives and accept it with open arms. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

tl;dr version: OP is a hipster

Kidding dude. Who cares though?

1. Take a balanced approach to life
  2. ?
  3. Profit

You sound like you're about 14-16 based off of everything you described. So keep everything in its proper place and be sure to keep things balanced. Be a good person and do you man.

Also, if you are a bit of a social hermit try to get out of your shell. Meeting new people outside of the digital world teaches you social skills that will be invaluable in the future and it feels good to converse with another human being face to face. I'm just as guilty of it but there are so many people my age that are socially awkward, and for lack of a better word, socially retarded because they don't get outside enough or are glued to their phones.

Sorry if that sounded a bit preachy lol. 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

My mom bitches about me being anti-social, but I'm anti-social because I don't want to deal with all the stupid kids in today's generation.

Just explained my life in a nutshell

My Rant on naysayers who don't understand Dedicated Technology culture. As I think its a huge part, labelled geeks and other slangs even when you fit ZERO stereotype categories.

I live breath and love all things technology, and I've been doing this a while...

Thought process...life in general.

Considering Every Man and Woman ONLY get to live one lifetime...a semi selfish attitude is other people looking into your life should really focus on the time THEY have...what they love, what they strive for, their goals and wants...

Some people can't help but try to change/re-mold someone around them who could very well be fucking estatic about how his/her lifestyle suits them and IS happy with their life, getting picked on (by those sheeping fools) into "changing" into something their not...

To fit the society stigma of forced interaction and all that other garbage I'm spose to be doing...

Living my life, My way, having great fun and memories, interactions aplenty, loving life, focussed on happyness.. I mean its what its all about really... but now other people have to bring you down, their unhappy, unwilling to change, so they try to change you.

I go out enough thank you, anti social you say, well tell me that when I'm leaving for my next lan party event, or competitions, expo's,...... they replace music concerts, random competitions and car expo's of other fields...

Godbless, leave me to my own interactions thankyou! I'm having enough fun without you, with other likeminded people  :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

This is my class: Can name computer parts (Yes); Has good grades (Yes) = Anti-social nerd - . -

This is mine: Can name computer parts: NERD/GAY/LOSER

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

-woop-

remember, just because everyone's doing it doesn't mean it's right ;)

do what you like, live the life you want to live not the one you are told.

I can tell you right now, living how I want to live my life has created nothing but happiness for me and pages of stories that could  easily write a library.

Half of life is figuring it out, the other is doing it; why conform when you can live? :)

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

I'm afraid to say, that has happened every generation since after World War 2, hell, probably even during that. It just wasn't as publicized because of the internet. Same old stuff happens every generation, ours just looks the worst because of how well documented and connected everyone is now.

I agree and disagree at the same time. Technology by and large has turned people into anti-social, attention seeking individuals. Women weren't this way years ago because they didn't have tons of desperate guys with no standards constantly begging for their attention. At the same time, guys weren't nearly as feminine as they are today (I swear something is in the water). Just my $0.02 This mostly applies to Western countries though. If you go east, things are still very traditional.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

I agree and disagree at the same time. Technology by and large has turned people into anti-social, attention seeking individuals. Women weren't this way years ago because they didn't have tons of desperate guys with no standards constantly begging for their attention. At the same time, guys weren't nearly as feminine as they are today (I swear something is in the water). Just my $0.02 This mostly applies to Western countries though. If you go east, things are still very traditional.

Guys weren't feminine? Females didn't crave attention?! 

Look up some of the documentation, video and reports from the sixties and seventies.. 

#!

Guys weren't feminine? Females didn't crave attention?! 

Look up some of the documentation, video and reports from the sixties and seventies.. 

That's when things really started changing. I'm talking about 1900s-1950s. 

This is mine: Can name computer parts: NERD/GAY/LOSER

Sounds familiar.

i'm a potato

Sounds familiar.

Damn dude, high school for you guys sounds horrible, notch it down to immaturity of your classmates, it won't be the whole generation, wait five years until you hit higher education, people are a lot less close minded, well, in my experience anyway.

#!

Im so old it hurts.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

My option on the matter is: Do what ever the heck you want! If someone wants to call you childish for playing Nintendo that get them out of your life. LIVE IT HOW YOU WANT TO! I undertstand it's your sister though... I guarentee there are girls and guys out there that will be more than happy to be friends with you and play Pokemon! You just have to find them!

Tell your sister: Oh I'm sorry,  most girls just aren't easy like you are.

But yes, people do look differently at you when you do the things we do, although I do drink.

We are not a different species like those judgemental sheep think, we just have a resistance to marketing and we research the items we buy, what we watch and what we do, which is smart.

My mom bitches about me being anti-social, but I'm anti-social because I don't want to deal with all the stupid kids in today's generatMy 

My parents are the same, and they only sit watching televison and playing Wordfeud..

Most of the people I know thinks that Pc is the outsider (If they even know you can play on a Pc) I had a friend who didn't even know.