My problem with this generation (Would be awesome if you read it! :) )

Jeroen1322

Hi guys this is kind of a rant so be warned (I put this in General Discussion because it involves tech.. kinda.. and Off-Topic is for non-tech content, but feel free to move it mods!) 

Soo where should i start.. 

I mentioned that i'm going to buy a 3DS XL to my family and my little sister said "No wonder you don't have a girlfriend" so that started making me think.. Why is it that when you play PC / xBox / PlayStation that you just "Fit in" and when you play on something else you are weird.. People don't know that Nintendo is for not only 8 year old kids. The games people of my age play is CoD and then only the multiplayer because they don't care about the story. Some hand held games for Nintendo are really great, for example Pokémon where you can just lose yourself. 

Everybody has to have a phone and if you don't have Samsung or Apple you are weird and don't know any good phones.. I don't have one because if i get an subscription it is waaaayy to expensive and Pre-Paid is also pretty expensive.. A mobile phone / SmartPhone is realllyyy expensive and in a year the next one comes out and everybody gets it from their parents.. And i don't need one because if there is something i can just ask somebody if i can call with their phone!

Also when you mention Anime people are going to look weird at you because they think it is about cartoon pron and that kind of stuff but i have almost cried when i watched Sword Art Online because i got attached to the karacters. While the Japanese culture is fasinating and really cool and for example Nyan Koi! is freaking hilarius and you don't get that with television here.

When you mention you can program and are good with computers people think "OMG that is such a nerd! He has no life / friends" while i'm a pretty normal guy. My family says that i'm not social and that they want me to go to a party while i have a couple of friends that i met trough gaming and they are one of the best people i have ever met! It is so much fun to play games with them or just talk. Almost all of the people i know smoke / drink and i don't because i know that it is really bad for you but people just do it to "Fit in".. And when i am in my room behind my computer everybody else is in the living room watching television or on there phone with earbuds in and nobody talks en they call me anti-social

People are like freaking sheeps, but luckaly in every sheep group there is a "black sheep" who can think for them selfs and do what they love..

This is probably also in other genarations but i don't know :P 

Thank you for reading my rant and hopefully it makes sense because i just typed it without checking it.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

http://www.mars-one.com/

Good luck, that's about your only hope.

I'll buy the first ticket that is for sale!

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I subscribe to the idea of "I don't give a fcuk what people think of me". I openly talk about my love for math, physics, computers, and games. People who judge me on that can fcuk off :P

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

This is just a social stigma that has been around for centuries. Rich looking down on the poor because the poor think differently, have differently than them etc. We have always been a judgmental species, it makes us feel better about ourselves when we make people feel lesser than we think of ourselves. It's just the way it is, the way it's always been and the way it always will be.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

People don't know that Nintendo is for not only 8 year old kids

But it is. I mean I get that people of all ages can enjoy the games, but who are you guys kidding (pun intended) it's a kids toy. Nintendo it's a toy maker, they said so themselves, they show it in their games, in their overprotective online strategy, in their continued support for outdated things like mascots, in everything they do.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I agree with you however in my school playing PC is considered weird so it's pretty difficult to talk about games with anyone as it is considered 'stupid' or '*insert homophobic word here*'; however I just keep in mind that they are stupid and when the call a game like Pokemon childish and stupid without even playing it before they are missing out.

CPU: 4670K / Cooler: H100i / RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866MHz / Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 / GPU: MSI TF 780 Gaming Edition / Case: Corsair Vengence C70 / Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo & 2TB Seagate Barracuda / PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX750G

My mom bitches about me being anti-social, but I'm anti-social because I don't want to deal with all the stupid kids in today's generation.

same here! :OOOOOO and im not even anti social, im selectivily social

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

My mom bitches about me being anti-social, but I'm anti-social because I don't want to deal with all the stupid kids in today's generation.

Yes, this. So annoying when you don't want to socialize but your parents bitch about it.  I'm anti social because I don't like people, not because I don't have 'social skills'

Any way, I love all types of games, I still love to play zelda and Harvest moon, luckily at my school there is a bunch of guys who love playing PC and build them, so there is some hope, we are counted as outcasts though, which i don't really care about.  I do what I love doing, not whats cool, and I wish there were more people who weren't just sheep, following the pack.  Unfortunately the outcasts and misfits are often the smarter people, because they think for themselves, and question things but are just disregarded  :( .  Unfortunately the majority of this generation are just sheep, going and accepting everything they see, which is why the media has so much power and disrupts reality

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

you got my attention....

i feel you

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

To be fair girls don't think very highly of kids playing cod either....

And please don't get the idea that Japan is like a perfect society with amazing entertainment either. It's a great country to live in, but it definitely has it's disadvantages. And for the most part, the tv in Japan is complete crap (I would probably classify it as one of the worst in the world). I guess this is turning into a I am a Japanese guy AMA type of thing now  :P

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

did-not-read-.gif

Not gonna lie, I'm not a big fan of people who go "hurr durrrr I hate dem kids these days" whether these people are from a previous generation or of the same generation they criticize (though it's mostly pity and sadness, rather than just contempt, that I feel when I see a child criticizing his generation. It is because this child is angry at his generation mostly, but not always, because he feels that his peers in class or on the playground have alienated him, perhaps even bullied him because he fails to understand them and they fails to understand him as well)

As for the complaining adults, this tired-ass phenomena is not new. People endlessly complaining about the newest generations, seems to be an activity humanity has been indulging in for as long as history itself.

But it is. I mean I get that people of all ages can enjoy the games, but who are you guys kidding (pun intended) it's a kids toy. Nintendo it's a toy maker, they said so themselves, they show it in their games, in their overprotective online strategy, in their continued support for outdated things like mascots, in everything they do.

I mean that the games can be enjoyed at all ages, and what do you mean with overprotective online strategy exacly?

1. Consoles are Stoopid. I don't even care :P Nintendo is awesome. People like having Emulators on their iPhones but think you're a child if you get a WiiU.

I have a pre-paid flip phone and get made fun of but I don't really care. A Smartphone would be very nice and helpful but my parent's aren't going to get me one.

I enjoy some Anime, as I am part Japanese but all the white kids who watch it at my school are kinda weird...

I agree. People think I'm a 1337 H4X0R for building a computer over the summer.Being part asian and in advanced classes doesn't help.

People act like sheep when they just stare into their smartphones all day.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I agree with you on most of that, I personally don't like anime that much, but don't hate on people because of it. My mom says that I need to get outside and be active even though I am between my sports, and I am a 3 season athlete. Nintendo is fine and the new Pokemon is amazing. I have a WP 8 phone and everyone hates on me because I don't have an iphone.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

I agree with you however in my school playing PC is considered weird so it's pretty difficult to talk about games with anyone as it is considered 'stupid' or '*insert homophobic word here*'; however I just keep in mind that they are stupid and when the call a game like Pokemon childish and stupid without even playing it before they are missing out.

There's a quick way to turn those people over: Show em your steam library with many AAA games they paid USD 60 for and tell em you got em all for 10 or sometimes even 5 bucks.

-------

Current Rig

-------

To be fair girls don't think very highly of kids playing cod either....

And please don't get the idea that Japan is like a perfect society with amazing entertainment either. It's a great country to live in, but it definitely has it's disadvantages. And for the most part, the tv in Japan is complete crap (I would probably classify it as one of the worst in the world). I guess this is turning into a I am a Japanese guy AMA type of thing now  :P

That is a great idea! Post a AMA topic here, that would be pretty cool!

I remember saying this once, but then my mom said that everyone said the exact same thing when she was growing out of childhood, so I realized the cycle just repeats, will never end, and I should get over it. So I did.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I think I love you.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Posted Image

Not gonna lie, I'm not a big fan of people who go "hurr durrrr I hate dem kids these days" whether these people are from a previous generation or of the same generation they criticize. Sadly, this tired-ass phenomena is not new. People endlessly complaining about the newest generations, seems to be an activity humanity has been indulging in for as long as history itself.

I can see why you say that, but this generation is seriously the worst (so far, ahem) example : My friend skipped school for the CoD : Ghosts release

I can see why you say that, but this generation is seriously the worst (so far, ahem) example : My friend skipped school for the CoD : Ghosts release

My teacher skipped glass for the Modern Warfare 2 release...

edit: class not glass.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.