My problem with this generation (Would be awesome if you read it! :) )

Jeroen1322

Learn to accept other people for who they are.  The fact that you feel they don't like you because you watch Anime/play cod/like computers/etc shouldn't mean that you just don't talk to them.

Instead of retracting and being anti-social, maybe go out there and explain to them why you like those things.  Introduce some more openly minded people to it, most people think things like that are weird purely out of ignorance.  When they try it, they usually either like it, or at least begin to understand it.

You're no better than the people you're hating on at this point.

I understand your point. But I (and others) am alienated for actually caring about my future. Alienated for not liking the console they like, for spending my money on a PC instead of stupid shoes, for actually turning in my schoolwork. These kids don't wan't to be "helped" and I won't teach anyone something they don't want to know.

Edit: I'd like to add I am not a fan of generalizing large demographics. I know there are lots of exceptions to my statement and lots of kids that are actually worth getting to know. But I am not talking about the vast minority here.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I understand your point. But I (and others) am alienated for actually caring about my future. Alienated for not liking the console they like, for spending my money on a PC instead of stupid shoes, for actually turning in my schoolwork. These kids don't wan't to be "helped" and I won't teach anyone something they don't want to know.

I don't disagree with you.  If they're just plain a**holes, disregard them.

One of my biggest bullies my freshman year of highschool eventually became a very good friend.  He bagged on me constantly for playing footbag(hacky sack as most call it).  Said some pretty harsh shit.  I basically bagged on him back(in a fun manner) for 2 years for not playing it.  He finally said, "Fine...I'll play with you jokers".  He really enjoyed it...the rest is history.

People that don't learn to cope with people like this are likely to end up in a bad place later in life.  Alone, living in a one bedroom apartment eating nothing but frozen dinners.  They're brilliant, yet, they waste their life playing video games because they're too smart to hang out with anyone else.

I was considering getting some sort of DS for all sorts of games. I don't see anything wrong with it and have seen people in their mid 20's - 30's still playing games on them because of how good the games are and how convenient they are.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I don't disagree with you.  If they're just plain a**holes, disregard them.

One of my biggest bullies my freshman year of highschool eventually became a very good friend.  He bagged on me constantly for playing footbag(hacky sack as most call it).  Said some pretty harsh shit.  I basically bagged on him back(in a fun manner) for 2 years for not playing it.  He finally said, "Fine...I'll play with you jokers".  He really enjoyed it...the rest is history.

People that don't learn to cope with people like this are likely to end up in a bad place later in life.  Alone, living in a one bedroom apartment eating nothing but frozen dinners.  They're brilliant, yet, they waste their life playing video games because they're too smart to hang out with anyone else.

I see your point. And you probably are right that arrogance is the worst of these evils. But in a way those people pent up in their one room apartments did not get that way on their own. 

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

are they a sheep or are you just being a hipster though?

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

are they a sheep or are you just being a hipster though?

lol no, i don't care if i stand out or not ;p

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I see your point. And you probably are right that arrogance is the worst of these evils. But in a way those people pent up in their one room apartments did not get that way on their own. 

Sure they did, who held a gun to their head and said live like this?  You have to take responsibility for your life choices.  Just because someone doesn't like you, is no reason to retract into your room and never socialize.

Maybe it's time to look outside your own realm of comfort and try to find something new to do?  Join a sports league, start some sort of social hobby, get a job that puts you in social contact with people, etc.  If you're in highschool, try to meet people that don't know you from high school...sometimes pre-conceived notions are hard to give up.

I mean, I can sorta agree with your point you're making, but at the same time, don't you think it's also wrong to judge them, for being shallow etc. 

You're judging them as much as they judge you, but that's how human beings are. 

I'm just going to guess, that you're somewhere around 15 - 18? Because I can definitely say that when I was around that age, I acted the same way as you do now. I was listening to Metal, only had a few friends, that all liked the same stuff that I did and hated everything mainstream. But as soon as I switched school, my view broadened. I started to hang out with people and talk to people why I would've considered "scum" back in my later teenage days and that was definitely a good thing! Because I realised, that behind the seamingly shallow facade is a human being just like me and you. Instead of judging them because of what they wear and what they have and what their parents might get them, how about you just start talking to them? Maybe you'll get along fine. The reason why people judge is because they're scared of the "unknown" I guess, and if you really want your "kind" to be accepted I guess it would be a good thing to show that you're an open - minded and not an anti - social person, approach them and talk to them about this, and maybe they can even understand why you like this, and hey maybe a friendship or even a relationship can develop out of this. 

And if they're really assholes, then:

jack.gif

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

lol no, i don't care if i stand out or not ;p

in other words:

730__26b39d3bb54f5551eb7197b883c8ab4a.jp

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Ya exactly. But since there are so many people like that(the majority) i have to unfortunately deal with it :(

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Once you get a little older you will hopefully see as well as realize just how much the stuff youre complaining about doesn't matter at all and no none cares. Im a grown Ass man ask me how many candies I give about what people think about my 3ds or internet message board habits.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

My mom bitches about me being anti-social, but I'm anti-social because I don't want to deal with all the stupid kids in today's generation.

same here man... 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I think people like you just like to bitch and whine about people who aren't you but thats just my opinion.

well the thing is he does have a point so i would not call that "bitching" 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

My mom bitches about me being anti-social, but I'm anti-social because I don't want to deal with all the stupid kids in today's generation.

My parents used to complain about me being anti-social. Then they realized that talking with real life friends for 8 hours a day on teamspeak isnt anti-social. Its just a different kind of social.

Hi guys this is kind of a rant so be warned (I put this in General Discussion because it involves tech.. kinda.. and Off-Topic is for non-tech content, but feel free to move it mods!) 

Soo where should i start.. 

I mentioned that i'm going to buy a 3DS XL to my family and my little sister said "No wonder you don't have a girlfriend" so that started making me think.. Why is it that when you play PC / xBox / PlayStation that you just "Fit in" and when you play on something else you are weird.. People don't know that Nintendo is for not only 8 year old kids. The games people of my age play is CoD and then only the multiplayer because they don't care about the story. Some hand held games for Nintendo are really great, for example Pokémon where you can just lose yourself. 

Everybody has to have a phone and if you don't have Samsung or Apple you are weird and don't know any good phones.. I don't have one because if i get an subscription it is waaaayy to expensive and Pre-Paid is also pretty expensive.. A mobile phone / SmartPhone is realllyyy expensive and in a year the next one comes out and everybody gets it from their parents.. And i don't need one because if there is something i can just ask somebody if i can call with their phone!

Also when you mention Anime people are going to look weird at you because they think it is about cartoon pron and that kind of stuff but i have almost cried when i watched Sword Art Online because i got attached to the karacters. While the Japanese culture is fasinating and really cool and for example Nyan Koi! is freaking hilarius and you don't get that with television here.

When you mention you can program and are good with computers people think "OMG that is such a nerd! He has no life / friends" while i'm a pretty normal guy. My family says that i'm not social and that they want me to go to a party while i have a couple of friends that i met trough gaming and they are one of the best people i have ever met! It is so much fun to play games with them or just talk. Almost all of the people i know smoke / drink and i don't because i know that it is really bad for you but people just do it to "Fit in".. And when i am in my room behind my computer everybody else is in the living room watching television or on there phone with earbuds in and nobody talks en they call me anti-social

People are like freaking sheeps, but luckaly in every sheep group there is a "black sheep" who can think for them selfs and do what they love..

This is probably also in other genarations but i don't know :P

Thank you for reading my rant and hopefully it makes sense because i just typed it without checking it.

my life ^^

Without being too harsh, you're probably a little weird. I mean its ok to like things like tech/gaming but keep it in moderation, don't let that define you as a person.

I find at my school if I take the time to explain PC's and gaming and such to people they understand it more. It seems people at my school don't judge (me atleast) any just for liking a certain game or hobby.

I guess this has helped me be more social as im not put down for it.

I never knew their were others who understood that too. 

zoidberg.gif

I am from this generation. My thoughts.

Hi guys this is kind of a rant so be warned (I put this in General Discussion because it involves tech.. kinda.. and Off-Topic is for non-tech content, but feel free to move it mods!) 

Soo where should i start.. 

I mentioned that i'm going to buy a 3DS XL to my family and my little sister said "No wonder you don't have a girlfriend" so that started making me think.. Why is it that when you play PC / xBox / PlayStation that you just "Fit in" and when you play on something else you are weird.. (Wut?) People don't know that Nintendo is for not only 8 year old kids. Nope. The games people of my age play is CoD (No THEY PLAY BATTLEFIELD) and then only the multiplayer because they don't care about the story. Some hand held games for Nintendo are really great, for example Pokémon where you can just lose yourself. 

Everybody has to have a phone and if you don't have Samsung or Apple you are weird and don't know any good phones.. ( i have a brick and it has the best game eva... city bloxx! I don't have one because if i get an subscription it is waaaayy to expensive and Pre-Paid is also pretty expensive.. A mobile phone / SmartPhone is realllyyy expensive and in a year the next one comes out and everybody gets it from their parents.. And i don't need one because if there is something i can just ask somebody if i can call with their phone!

Also when you mention Anime people are going to look weird at you because they think it is about cartoon pron and that kind of stuff but i have almost cried when i watched Sword Art Online because i got attached to the karacters. While the Japanese culture is fasinating and really cool and for example Nyan Koi! is freaking hilarius and you don't get that with television here. this is weird because tons of ppl like anime. but okay.

When you mention you can program and are good with computers people think "OMG that is such a nerd! He has no life / friends" while i'm a pretty normal guy. My family says that i'm not social and that they want me to go to a party while i have a couple of friends that i met trough gaming and they are one of the best people i have ever met! It is so much fun to play games with them or just talk. Almost all of the people i know smoke / drink and i don't because i know that it is really bad for you but people just do it to "Fit in".. And when i am in my room behind my computer everybody else is in the living room watching television or on there phone with earbuds in and nobody talks en they call me anti-social

People are like freaking sheeps, but luckaly in every sheep group there is a "black sheep" who can think for them selfs and do what they love..

This is probably also in other genarations but i don't know :P

Thank you for reading my rant and hopefully it makes sense because i just typed it without checking it.

sorry the rest was tldr

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

My parents used to complain about me being anti-social. Then they realized that talking with real life friends for 8 hours a day on teamspeak isnt anti-social. Its just a different kind of social.

tumblr_inline_moyg66eUOW1qz4rgp.gif

And when i am in my room behind my computer everybody else is in the living room watching television or on there phone with earbuds in and nobody talks en they call me anti-social

^thisthisthisthisthisthissthisthisthisthisthisTHISTHISTHIS

This crap pisses me off so much..

Apparently in most people's eyes, staring at a screen doing nothing is perfectly fine and social, but if that screen happens to be connected to a PC, then you're a 300lb no-life virgin living in your parents basement (even if you're not 300lbs, have a life/not a virgin, and don't live in your parent's basement)...

Edit: whoops,, I didn't realize there was 4 pages of posts built up.. 

Pages 2-4, TL:DR.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

I have no problem with having a girlfriend but almost ALL the girls my age have wall of make-up on ther face and are assholes..

Yes ofcourse :P jk

Thankfully, not many of the girls in my school seem to have a makeup store on their face.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Im sure that people at my school, and even myself to some extent consider me anti-social. I mean, do what that i don't like going to the dances or what not, i have a good time socializing on ts almost every day with my clan (bf4), i host lan parties for my friends every couple weeks, and dont have a gf (school has about a 70:30 gender ratio, many if whom ive known since first grade) although i do kinda flip flop on thinking about it

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Main rig: Coursair Air 540, Amd 8120(stock clock, had it up to 4.6), Gigabyte 990 fx ud3,  MSI DCU2 r9 280x, seasonic 1000w platinum, Samsung 830 64 GB ssd, Seagate 1tb, 4 GB (2x2) G.Skill, 

Secondary: Define r4, Amd A10 5800k(4.6), 1x Sapphire 7950, MSI FM2-A85xa, 8 GB coursair vengeance ram, Seasonic 1250w Gold, 500GB 840 Evo, 223GB 2.5 Hdd, 80 Gb Seasonic, Samsung CD/dvd