I need Linus's orange screwdriver

Thready

Linus uses an orange screwdriver in his videos and it seems to be really good. All my screwdrivers are garbage and I want the same one he has. Any help? Thanks

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

Get an iFixit kit instead. For working on electronics it's probably your best bet, especially for smaller things like laptops and phones.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

https://shop.snapon.com/product/SSDMR4BO - This is the one he has.

https://shop.snapon.com/product/SSDMR8AO - This one has a longer shaft.

You can also find them used for a bit cheaper.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

46 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

https://shop.snapon.com/product/SSDMR4BO - This is the one he has.

https://shop.snapon.com/product/SSDMR8AO - This one has a longer shaft.

You can also find them used for a bit cheaper.

$70? Dang!

1 hour ago, Thready said:

$70? Dang!

Yep, but I have had mine for a decade now and it still works perfectly. Ive had some ratcheting screwdrivers made by lesser companies and none of them have stood the test of time

I have a Craftsman and a Milwaukee non-ratcheting screw drivers (they look almost identical) that use 3 1/2" long bits and includes two flat blade, two Philips, and three Robertson (square) bits with the extras stored in the handle. The hex shank size is a standard 1/4", meaning I can use my 6" and 12" long bits and bit extensions with it as well. I keep one in my truck and the other in my desk.They cost far less than a good ratcheting screw driver and I've found I do not miss the ratcheting action since I got used to using non-ratching screwdrivers decades ago (although I wish I knew what happened to my Daddy's old Yankee screwdriver; a lot of his tools disappeared after he developed dementia after a stroke). Most of the time when a ratcheting screwdriver would be nice, such as when a screw is a tight fit, I just grab my Ryobi 18v impact driver and let it do all the work for me (and my arthritic wrists thank me for it).

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

5 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I have a Craftsman and a Milwaukee non-ratcheting screw drivers (they look almost identical) that use 3 1/2" long bits and includes two flat blade, two Philips, and three Robertson (square) bits with the extras stored in the handle. The hex shank size is a standard 1/4", meaning I can use my 6" and 12" long bits and bit extensions with it as well. I keep one in my truck and the other in my desk.They cost far less than a good ratcheting screw driver and I've found I do not miss the ratcheting action since I got used to using non-ratching screwdrivers decades ago (although I wish I knew what happened to my Daddy's old Yankee screwdriver; a lot of his tools disappeared after he developed dementia after a stroke). Most of the time when a ratcheting screwdriver would be nice, such as when a screw is a tight fit, I just grab my Ryobi 18v impact driver and let it do all the work for me (and my arthritic wrists thank me for it).

Hey Lady! Love seeing you here as well as OCN! I'll look into that Ryobi

Klein tools makes one, I really wouldn't recommend it. Within a week 2 of the tips fell out and went missing, and some of the others rusted out.

Could I warranty it? Yes- but it's not really worth it imo

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-Ratcheting-Multi-Bit-Screwdriver-Nut-Driver-Cushion-Grip-Handle-32558/202970520

Honestly I got a 5 dollar screwdriver from

bunnings that uses a range of bits and even some sockets. Has a belt holder too. I bought two. My most used tool by far and best 10 bucks I ever spent.

If you go with snap-on, you're paying a brand premium. Hundreds of Auto Techs go bankrupt a year buying these tools.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor