Anyone recommend any good SP games?

Kokomo

Hi

im kind of new to pc gaming and looking for some good single player games, don’t really know what to buy on steam as there’s so many. Don’t mind if they’re open world or not.

thanks

Current rig

NZXT S340 Elite

Kraken x62

Gigabyte Aorus WIFI Pro 

32gb 3000mhz corsair Vengeance RGB PRO  

I7 9700k

Rtx 2080 asus strix

1tb samsung evo ssd

1tb wd hdd

samsung 27” 1440p 144hz monitor

1 hour ago, Kokomo said:

im kind of new to pc gaming and looking for some good single player games, don’t really know what to buy on steam as there’s so many. Don’t mind if they’re open world or not.

On a budget? Because right now is not the right time to get good deals on any game really.

You can't go wrong with The Witcher III but don't buy it until it hits its usual sale price of $11.99 for the base game or $14.99 for the GOTY Edition.

The Witcher III (base game, hundreds of hours of gameplay). Last hit $11.99 in late July to August 1st.

wtch3.png.2299a3a2ce45b870295419291ce04e20.png

The Witcher III GOTY Edition (includes both DLC expansions for if you plan to invest more hundreds of hours). Last hit $14.99 in late July to August 1st.

wtch3goty.png.4162c21d1da675e03c7feac4cad036cc.png

As shown above, it will clearly hit these exact prices again very soon. So far in 2019, it's hit these prices in every single month. You're gonna want to treat every single game like this unless you have a money tree in your backyard or a daddy warbucks.

I also highly recommend snagging Half Life 2 when it hits $0.99 really soon and until then grab Estranged Acts I & II on Steam. They're both completely free and imo a couple of the best games for PC gaming in 2019(I kid you not). Especially in 1440p at a locked 144 fps.

1 hour ago, Intransigent said:

On a budget? Because right now is not the right time to get good deals on any game really.

You can't go wrong with The Witcher III but don't buy it until it hits its usual sale price of $11.99 for the base game or $14.99 for the GOTY Edition.

The Witcher III (base game, hundreds of hours of gameplay). Last hit $11.99 in late July to August 1st.

wtch3.png.2299a3a2ce45b870295419291ce04e20.png

The Witcher III GOTY Edition (includes both DLC expansions for if you plan to invest more hundreds of hours). Last hit $14.99 in late July to August 1st.

wtch3goty.png.4162c21d1da675e03c7feac4cad036cc.png

As shown above, it will clearly hit these exact prices again very soon. So far in 2019, it's hit these prices in every single month. You're gonna want to treat every single game like this unless you have a money tree in your backyard or a daddy warbucks.

I also highly recommend snagging Half Life 2 when it hits $0.99 really soon and until then grab Estranged Acts I & II on Steam. They're both completely free and imo a couple of the best games for PC gaming in 2019(I kid you not). Especially in 1440p at a locked 144 fps.

thanks for the reply, was thinking about getting the witcher 3 in the sale but didn't know if it was still worth playing missed out on playing it on cosnole

Current rig

NZXT S340 Elite

Kraken x62

Gigabyte Aorus WIFI Pro 

32gb 3000mhz corsair Vengeance RGB PRO  

I7 9700k

Rtx 2080 asus strix

1tb samsung evo ssd

1tb wd hdd

samsung 27” 1440p 144hz monitor

7 hours ago, Kokomo said:

thanks for the reply, was thinking about getting the witcher 3 in the sale but didn't know if it was still worth playing missed out on playing it on cosnole

Welcome. It's beyond worth it. A must own for practically any PC gamer.

If you are into the rpg genre, you should take a look into playing Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3.

The story is insane, choices you take in 1 or 2 will affect the outcome of the game in the third game .

You import the savegame and character from the first game to the second and third game.

Also if you have them installed I would recommend downloading updated texture packs.

They really improve the look massively.

You have hundreds of hours in those three games alone.

They are also pretty old, they will run on potatoes, not that they are bad looking. 

Sleeper Powermac G4 Ryzentosh/windows Gaming rig, 2700X @4.05ghz, 16ghz 3200mhz ddr4 ram @3400mhz, 2080ti FE overclocked. 

Not sure what genre of games you be into, but here a few off the top of my head.

RPG adventure style:

Okami HD

Moonlighter

Cave Story +

Adventure action style:

Brutal Legends

Bastion

Horror style:

SOMA

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Penumbra: Overture

Outlast

Top down RPGish action style:

Torchlight and Torchlight II

Magicka

Top down heavy RPG style:

Shadowrun series of games

Stealth style:

Dishonored

Thief

Point n Click style:

The Deponia series

Machinarium

First Person Puzzle style:

The Talos Principle

The Stanley Parable

Portal and Portal II

2D side action/plat-former style:

Hollow Knight

Ori and the Blind Forest

Unepic

Semi-RPG kinda:

Monster Hunter World

City Building style:

Cities: Skylines

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU