• NOOOPE
    • Deezer
    • Other
    • Pandora
  2. 2. Do you pay for it?

• Free
    • Payed
    • I already told you that I dont use one :D

i dont listen to music outside, and when im at home, i listen to good'ol foobar 2000.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

Apple Music >>>>>> Spotify. Sorry guys. Theres also no question of premium vs free music services when it comes to annoying ads, or choice. 

52 minutes ago, floofer said:

Apple Music >>>>>> Spotify. Sorry guys. Theres also no question of premium vs free music services when it comes to annoying ads, or choice. 

I'd probably use Apple Music if the iTunes client didn't suck ass on Windows.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'd probably use Apple Music if the iTunes client didn't suck ass on Windows.

hopefully its getting an overhaul like the Apple Music app. 

1 hour ago, floofer said:

hopefully its getting an overhaul like the Apple Music app. 

I guess at some point it will. Makes zero sense for Apple to go on supporting iTunes on Win. Even android has the  music app.

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Spotify Premium + 600GB cd collection

Also have Google with YouTube Premium but barely use it outside of backuping uses.

Instead I stream with something called Astiga: https://asti.ga/

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

2 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Spotify Premium + 600GB cd collection

Do you have any mixtape at all?

4 minutes ago, Fooshi said:

I use Google Play Music. Been trying to move away from it considering the inevitable trainwreck that's gonna be YouTube Music, but it's extremely difficult. Tried moving my entire library over to Spotify a few weeks ago and didn't realise it maxed out at 10k songs, which is only about half my library.

WTF only 10k? 

Google Play has 100k limit. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I haven't used any paid music streaming service, maybe in the future, but you can listen them for free on youtube anyways if you search for it.

Spotify for Free. Will have to get Premium someday because those ads start to get f**** anoying.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

11 hours ago, Fooshi said:

Yeah, it's pretty pathetic. That, and the fact that I can't upload my local library, which has a lot of obscure stuff that can't be found on any streaming service, makes it really difficult to move away from GPM.

That's the tricky part, isn't it?  iTunes beats Spotify with a 100,000-song limit, but iTunes Match (the service that you'd want to cover your local library) is, of course, limited to whatever songs are available on the iTunes Store.

I use the spotify browser app in firefox on my pc (for adblock), contolled by the desktop app (for the better UI).   It's basically free premium without the audio quality bump.  Mobile still sucks tho.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

I've used Youtube for all my music needs for the past 10 or so years. I did sign up for Spotify this week but haven't felt the need to actually use it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

I bounce around a lot between services. I think they all have strengths and weaknesses. 

Slacker Radio: This was the first streaming service I used. Pandora at the time just wasn't that good. Its been bought out by a company who changed it so much that I will never go back.

Pandora: Pandora has 5-6 stations that are perfect. After 10 years of thumbs down and up, they have a very good idea of what I like and do a great job of it. The downside is that There is hardly any new music on my stations. They don't stray very far from my thumbs ups. I love it though for just turning it on and listening to music. Not having to search for what I want to listen to is nice. Sound quality is also a huge negative. Its terrible.

Spotify: I love the service but hate the interface. I hate how hard it is to find music in my library. I click on library and its just a mess of playlists, albums, and artists. I love the weekly discovery playlist. Out of the 20 or so songs on it every week, I find 3-5 that I end up liking a lot. 

Apple Music: I like the selection better than Spotify. I hate that they don't account for song versions though. For instance I could be listening to a Red Hot Chili Peppers album. For some random reason, it will play the live version of a song instead of what is supposed to be on the album. I also CANNOT STAND that it screws with my local music library. Replacing songs for whatever reason. 

Apple Music

I paid 0.99$ per month on a student subscribtion. While Spotify may have better playlist recommendation, I started to notice they remove some of my favorite songs in the library, so I simply move back to Apple Music on all my devices (Android included)

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

Apple Music is included in my cell plan, so I use that. Prior to that I used Spotify, which I paid for at student discount pricing.

IMO, Apple Music is better. The app is more stable on all devices, and does a lot less algorithmic BS to pick songs. I actually found a lot of songs from my favorite artists that I never heard on Spotify.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

3 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

What is the difference between Spotify Free and Paid beside no ads for paid? 

Paid version also allows you to select tracks rather than just shuffle. 

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 

1 minute ago, SenKa said:

Paid version also allows you to select tracks rather than just shuffle. 

So there is no major benefit from going free to paid? 

1 minute ago, OlympicAssEater said:

So there is no major benefit from going free to paid? 

That would depend on the person really. I paid for it when I didn't have apple music, and was very happy. Spotify Paid version also has an offline mode, so you can download the music to your device and listen to it without a connection (I used this more than I thought I would)

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, SenKa said:

Spotify Paid version also has an offline mode, so you can download the music to your device and listen to it without a connection (I used this more than I thought I would)

You can't do this on free? I am new to Spotify, sorry. 

4 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

You can't do this on free? I am new to Spotify, sorry. 

Nope, thats a Paid feature

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

• 8 months later...

I almost never stream music and, on the rare times I do, it's on Youtube to sample new music I may want to buy on CD. I get the vast majority of my music from CDs I have ripped. Music on CDs is almost always higher quality than downloads and comes with far better metada I can scan instead of the crappy tagging that comes with downloads. I also get a better selection of music than I could get from streaming and I can make playlists that has the tracks I want to listen to in whatever order I want.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

14 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I almost never stream music and, on the rare times I do, it's on Youtube to sample new music I may want to buy on CD. I get the vast majority of my music from CDs I have ripped. Music on CDs is almost always higher quality than downloads and comes with far better metada I can scan instead of the crappy tagging that comes with downloads. I also get a better selection of music than I could get from streaming and I can make playlists that has the tracks I want to listen to in whatever order I want.

I just download everything from Apple Music, if someone I like releases something new I get a notification and it’s a hell of a lot cheaper than buying CDs

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?