Grant Thompson - King of Random creator dies aged 38

yolosnail

YouTube star Grant Thompson has died aged 38, following a paragliding accident.

Washington County Sheriff Office has reported that a paraglider had disappeared off the radar near Sand Hollow State Park.

They reported that Grant could not be reached on his mobile after he was over an hour late returning back to base, which then triggered the emergency services to search for him.

Not sure if this is strictly tech news, but thought I'd share anyway

While I was never a fan of his content, it's never nice to see someone with such a huge following pass away. 

I was trying to think of a pun for the title, but then thought it would be a touch inappropriate

Also, just noticed it was posted in General Discussion a couple hours ago, so feel free to remove or merge topics 

Source:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-grant-thompson-dead-youtube-18802560

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

One minute he's here and next he's gone.

Rest in peace

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

? what the shit, that sucks. I loved watching his home made forge and casting videos.

such an amazing person and teacher lost at a young age

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

That sucks, I was a huge fan of his content back when he did cool backyard projects rather than the current actors doing 3rd grade party tricks for views.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

24 minutes ago, GloriousPain said:

That sucks, I was a huge fan of his content back when he did cool backyard projects rather than the current actors doing 3rd grade party tricks for views.

IIRC they got in some legal trouble and had to water it down but I could just be fabricating that memory

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

1 hour ago, GloriousPain said:

Yeah, I feel like they did what all YouTubers do and started chasing the views

35 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

IIRC they got in some legal trouble and had to water it down but I could just be fabricating that memory

Yep. Something to do with being in possession of explosives

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

Oh man, I quite like the KOR show as they try some really weird shit to see what happens. Haven't seen Grant for a long time as the other two hosts run the show for ages now.

At first I thought he got killed in some experiement. That would suck. Well, dying sucks either way...

i really did like him his content and engagement with his viewers was really awesome.

it's sad to see another good person gone...

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

43 minutes ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

i really did like him his content and engagement with his viewers was really awesome.

it's sad to see another good person gone...

Well that took a left fucking turn.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

8 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Well that took a left fucking turn.

wait did i say something wrong? i might of phrased it incorrectly...

sorry if that caused confusion, i speak fucken English yet i still can't get my grammar down...

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

On 7/30/2019 at 11:06 PM, RGProductions said:

They got in trouble a few times but it was usually just some small legal fees  and such or noise complaints and such TLDR they just had to pay a fee then got told to do it the right way... But also around that time when they were still in courts they watered down the content and found it was safer/easier to make, and if clickbaited it could make more money for less work. And Grant himself even said in a video he was struggling todo the old projects but the new "projects" were really easily done and could be mass produced easily essentially making them easy money. 

They didn't have to water it down, they just had to be smarter about things; and so instead of being smarter about their good content they got smarter and just decided "Water it down, and click bait it harder"

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas