Elder Scrolls No More - New US Bill to proposed to ban Infinite Scrolling and Autoplay

rcmaehl
2 hours ago, Nowak said:

Well, it's how things are supposed to work, yes?

Supposed to, yes.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Oh good, a continuation of the nanny state mentality.

Take away my autoplay button and I will finally cave and buy a VPN so I can have it back.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Thank god this is stupid enough that itll never get anywhere. 

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

10 hours ago, Twilight said:

WHYYYYY

youtube autoplay is a godsend. i don't want to get up from bed to manually click the next video :( 

Maybe there can be an exception for when those things are a core feature of a platform's service and experience, and maybe it can apply only to ads that are featured separately from whatever the user is engaging with.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

When did people stop being responsible for their own actions? Infinite scroll is fine, what is wrong with it. how is clicking a button fixing an issue its just going to frustrate people.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

My problem with the bill is that everything can be circumvented in settings and its over control of the goverment.

But I need autoplay for my music on youtube. Don't want to make or use a playlist all the time. Maybe they could make it optional instead of default?

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Ad and script blockers are more effective than you think...

I run them heavily, have since the program Ad Muncher came out waaaaay back when

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

17 hours ago, floofer said:

I think it’s more to do with the rise of addictive content in social media: clickbait material, stuff like fortnite engineered to be addictive etc.

It's my responsibility to avoid it, then, not the gubmint's.

Let's be honest, this was only written with Facebook in mind... Like who REALLY uses the YouTube auto-play feature? I disabled it because 9/10 times its either a video that is exactly the same as the one I just watched (I watched one video on the news story, I don't want to watch 20 of them), completely irrelevant to what I was watching (just watched a doug demuro video(about cars) then proceeds to play a video about 10 things I missed in some movie I don't care about), or plays a video I have already watched... it's complete garbage lol.

On 7/30/2019 at 12:15 PM, Twilight said:

i don't want to get up from bed to manually click the next video :( 

...that's what wireless mice are for ?

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

7 hours ago, EarthWormJM2 said:

Let's be honest, this was only written with Facebook in mind... Like who REALLY uses the YouTube auto-play feature? I disabled it because 9/10 times its either a video that is exactly the same as the one I just watched (I watched one video on the news story, I don't want to watch 20 of them), completely irrelevant to what I was watching (just watched a doug demuro video(about cars) then proceeds to play a video about 10 things I missed in some movie I don't care about), or plays a video I have already watched... it's complete garbage lol.

...that's what wireless mice are for ?

or mice with long cords

✨FNIGE✨

On 7/31/2019 at 3:21 AM, LeSheen said:

But I need autoplay for my music on youtube. Don't want to make or use a playlist all the time. Maybe they could make it optional instead of default?

i wonder if even youtube playlist autoplaying fall under this bill

On 7/30/2019 at 7:14 PM, will4623 said:

this^ is what they should ban. not autoplay as a whole but at least make it so it has to default to off.

Or if you happen to have like 8+ tabs open (i like to switch quickly) and suddenly music or an add plays and it takes 3 years scanning every square inch of each page to find this stupid advert to quit, finding it was on the original page you were on when you heard it and its linked to an obscure thin banner with a tiny x on it..

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530