Could it be?

Alright everyone

So I never gain any luck when I play the lottery, and I have never ordered anything off of wish before. But something caught my eye that felt both entertaining and compelling. Wish has this computer with an Intel core i7 8700k, 8GB ram, SSD and HDD as well as a gtx1060. For.... wait for it... $3 plus $1 in shipping. So I thought for the entertainment of myself and everyone here, why not give it a try? If it's not what they say it is, big deal I'm out 4 bucks. However it may be an actual system and I might just come out ahead! Or... it's a potato. Either way, I'm intrigued.

I will attach a link to a live unboxing once it comes in!

"Wish" me luck! See what I did there?

Screenshot_20190718-123648_Wish.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

4 hours ago, CPT_BEEMO said:

Alright everyone

So I never gain any luck when I play the lottery, and I have never ordered anything off of wish before. But something caught my eye that felt both entertaining and compelling. Wish has this computer with an Intel core i7 8700k, 8GB ram, SSD and HDD as well as a gtx1060. For.... wait for it... $3 plus $1 in shipping. So I thought for the entertainment of myself and everyone here, why not give it a try? If it's not what they say it is, big deal I'm out 4 bucks. However it may be an actual system and I might just come out ahead! Or... it's a potato. Either way, I'm intrigued.

you will probably get a cable

PC Specs: Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk X570  CPU: Ryzen 5900X  CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Corsair RM850 850W   Storage: 2 X 4TB, 2 X 1TB HDD And 1 X 1tb m.2 samsung 980 pro Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition

4 hours ago, RollinLower said:

definitely following this one! 99,9% sure this is a scam, tough that 0,1% tho..

All I can say is I've spent 4 dollars or more on worse things! Lol

4 hours ago, Abzilla said:

you will probably get a cable

If I do, oh well! I've spent 4 bucks on worse!

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Definitely want to see how his plays out

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

12 minutes ago, TrainFan2019 said:

Definitely want to see how his plays out.

You and me both, man! 

I'm fully expecting you to either simply receive a picture of the computer... Or nothing at all.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

My guess is a sticker with a picture of the computer and then a piece of paper with the listed specs. LOL

it's a "lottery"

Check the description, it'll probably say something about "chances of getting ..."

I still don't understand why people buy stuff on Wish ... are people not aware that eBay and Aliexpress is a thing??

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

28 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

it's a "lottery"

Check the description, it'll probably say something about "chances of getting ..."

I still don't understand why people buy stuff on Wish ... are people not aware that eBay and Aliexpress is a thing??

Nothing in the description showed "Chances of winning" or anything implying it is a contest or lottery.

This all came about when one of my airsoft teammates posted it to social media. He ordered his, and within a week it said it was on its way to its destination. I was intrigued so I looked, found what he ordered at the same price and the rest is history. I should comment that I am not in any way optimistic that I am getting a gaming computer with an 8th gen intel CPU or any PC hardware for that matter (I'm team red anyway ;D ). I very well might get sent a keychain. But by the same token, I have spent more on Lotto tickets and got nothing back so what the hell? I got 4 bucks to spend, lets see how far 4 bucks gets me! Im not dying for a new build, I just built a new PC so I am more just doing this for everyone's and my own entertainment!

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 2:59 PM, CPT_BEEMO said:

Alright everyone

Still hasnt arrived??? Will you do the unboxing video???

$130 shipping?

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

Hey everyone!

So I have not yet gotten the package. It was intended to arrive Aug 16th, no dice. Looking back on my order history, the arrival date was delayed to the 26th of august, but to top it off, I dont even have a tracking number.

RoseLuck462: Nope, 3 dollars for the product, 1 dollar for shipping.

Waiting... Waiting... Me wanna see picture!  ?

screenshot.thumb.jpg.6eb01f10d18dfe59e774851608783538.jpg

Sorry, I stand corrected. It is only delayed to the 23rd, But its oddly suspicious that I dont have a tracking number yet. I am more than confident that I bought into a 4 dollar scam, but at least I paid through paypal so I can have buyer protection and get my money back. LOL! If something does come in from wish though, I will happily live stream an unboxing, whatever it ends up being. 

If nothing shows up, yall are always welcome to watch me stream at twitch.tv/cpt_beemo. I am usually playing overwatch, siege, elite dangerous, the sims 4 or american truck simulator.

Cheers. I will keep y'all posted!

No ^o^ You misunderstood me ^o^

I'm impatient to see the picture of what's you'll get in the mail ?

Just now, Cora_Lie said:

No ^o^ You misunderstood me ^o^

I'm impatient to see the picture of what's you'll get in the mail ?

Oh I am aware, I just thought I would screen capture my order history so the wonderful internet didnt think I was BS'ing them :3

1 hour ago, CPT_BEEMO said:

american truck simulator

Thought I was the only one in this forum that played truck sim. I'm currently enjoying ETS2. So much better out of the box than ATS. I hope they do an ATS2 to make it better. Sadly I don't have a wheel setup yet. So I just use a Logitech F710; it's not a bad experience.

Aren't these things just a ploy to get personal information..?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Aren't these things just a ploy to get personal information..?

Might be the case if you're typing in a credit card number and what not right into wish, where as with Paypal, you leave the site and go to Paypal itself to pay for the product. All wish can see is that the seller got their money, and I have peace of mind that if what I bought is not in fact what I bought, I get a refund and none of my personal information was released. It also was not sent to my residency. I thought about that before I even bought it.

3 minutes ago, CPT_BEEMO said:

Might be the case if you're typing in a credit card number and what not right into wish, where as with Paypal, you leave the site and go to Paypal itself to pay for the product. All wish can see is that the seller got their money, and I have peace of mind that if what I bought is not in fact what I bought, I get a refund and none of my personal information was released. It also was not sent to my residency. I thought about that before I even bought it.

Do they not get a name and address?

This video (timestamp at 1:06) goes over a tactic they use. 

1. Get people's name's and addresses (via a scam like the one you posted)

2. Send people fake stuff from their own online stores

3. This is now a verified purchase, so they (the scammers) can write a (fake) review about themselves online on their webstore page.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

But they have you name and address, right?

This video (timestamp at 1:06) goes over a tactic they use. 

1. Get people's name's and addresses (via a scam like the one you posted)

2. Send people fake stuff from their own online stores

3. This is now a verified purchase, so they (the scammers) can write a (fake) review about themselves online on their webstore page.

Don't get me wrong, this reply of yours holds solid ground. But by the same token, there are multiple websites, social media outlets, online stores etc that will also gather the exact same information just by you accepting the terms that you didn't read anyway.

So I can't say that I am horribly bothered by it. But you do have a point.

No offense but still ordering despite it being four dollars is still dumb. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti