I need help Battlefield 4

Ghostwokiee

Why can't I run BF4 with these specs? It is just cluttered with stuttering?

MOBO: MSI Z77A-G45

CPU: i5 3450

EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz memory

If it is too bad what do I need to upgrade?

try re installing drivers, these specs are good enough to run max/high settings

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Welcome! :)

And at what settings are you running? What AA?

And check your temps.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

You have no problem whatsoever hardware-side, no problem trust me those are good parts. It has to be software. But first let me ask you what settigns do you play at as there is a substansial difference between low and ultra, AA or no AA.

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

As folks say, BF4 is quite bugged still, so I think it's because of game, not your hardware, besides it loves Windows 8.

But at the other side, this game loves more cores (I'd recommend i7 for it). Just check how your CPU is loaded during game.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Are you running Windows 7?

Im on 7 with a weaker card and I can max it out.

OP - Try reinstalling drivers Also see what GeForce experience says to play it at

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

As folks say, BF4 is quite bugged still, so I think it's because of game, not your hardware, besides it loves Windows 8.

But at the other side, this game loves more cores (I'd recommend i7 for it). Just check how your CPU is loaded during game.

i7 has more threads. Threads arent cores. 

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

i7 has more threads. Threads arent cores. 

I know, but they still help in game.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

@Ghostwokiee BF4 eats CPU up if you have a second screen when its open have task manger open and check you’re not maxing out you cpu.  You should get 60+ on low. At 1080p.  if you can’t get it to run at 1080p turn it down to fullscreen 720p keep lowering it until it works.

You may have some malware doing bit coin mining in the background or something.  So run malware bites.

While this is a stretch for being the only reason yours is acting this way.. Wouldn't hurt, many people have got good results.

BF4 is QUITE sensitive to CPU's that disable cores/threads to save power (Great for notebooks, Useless for Desktops)

Did I mention its enabled by default in Windows...

http://bitsum.com/about_cpu_core_parking.php

pl_parkcontrol.png

Wouldn't hurt to give it a try....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

While this is a stretch for being the only reason yours is acting this way.. Wouldn't hurt, many people have got good results.

BF4 is QUITE sensitive to CPU's that disable cores/threads to save power (Great for notebooks, Useless for Desktops)

Did I mention its enabled by default in Windows...

http://bitsum.com/about_cpu_core_parking.php

@Ghostwokiee BF4 eats CPU up if you have a second screen when its open have task manger open and check you’re not maxing out you cpu.  You should get 60+ on low. At 1080p.  if you can’t get it to run at 1080p turn it down to fullscreen 720p keep lowering it until it works.

You may have some malware doing bit coin mining in the background or something.  So run malware bites.

Wouldn't hurt to give it a try....

Everything have their latest drivers, I am running W7, I am using nVidia GeForce experience to fix my settings, but It does not matter at what settings I use, I always get the same fps no matter what settings I use

u get the same FPS no matter what setting you use ?

what FPS is that ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Does it stutter on the Test Range?

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Everything have their latest drivers, I am running W7, I am using nVidia GeForce experience to fix my settings, but It does not matter at what settings I use, I always get the same fps no matter what settings I use

You have to download and USE Parkcontrol just the once, it understandingly solved the stuttering mess for others instantly.

Running W7 (parking enabled by default) latest drivers does not change things in coreparking, Nvidia experience won't change it either...

You say no matter what settings you use, yet there is a solution that "fits the bill" for most other users and you have not said that you've tried it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You have to download and USE Parkcontrol just the once, it understandingly solved the stuttering mess for others instantly.

Running W7 (parking enabled by default) latest drivers does not change things in coreparking, Nvidia experience won't change it either...

You say no matter what settings you use, yet there is a solution that "fits the bill" for most other users and you have not said that you've tried it.

I tried unparking my cores but It did not help and I still get a constant 60fps that drops down to the exakt number 24 like every 3rd seconds. I still get my stuttering on the test range. Would it help If I installed W8.1?

Hows your pagefile? BF4 need all the time atleast 4gb of page file to run smooth.

E: Is your GPU full all the time or going up and down on usage?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I tried unparking my cores but It did not help and I still get a constant 60fps that drops down to the exakt number 24 like every 3rd seconds. I still get my stuttering on the test range. Would it help If I installed W8.1?

Windows 8.1 with a fresh install of OS with updated drivers couldn't hurt.  Get "START IS BACK" as well... http://www.startisback.com/

CPU = Intel i7 4770K OC @ 4.1GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H105 | MOBO = Asus Z97 Maximus Gene VII | GPU = Asus STRIX 4GB GTX 980 | RAM = 32GB G. Skill Trident X Series @ 2400MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 850W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 120GB Corsair Neutron (OS) | SSD 2 = 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 (Games) | HDD = 1TB WD Green 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage)| OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout Edition w/ Window | KB = RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth | MS = Mionix NAOS 7000 | Monitor = 24" BenQ XL2420TE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Asus VS278Q-P @ 60Hz 
CPU = Intel i7-2700K OC @ 4.5GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H100i | MOBO = Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU = EVGA 3GB 780Ti Superclocked w/ ACX Cooler | RAM = 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 1,300W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 128GB Samsung 840 Pro Series (OS) | SSD 2 = 120GB Kingston HyperX (Games) | HDD = 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage) | OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define XL R2 | KB = ROCCAT ISKU | MS = ROCCAT Kone XTD Optical | Monitor = 24" Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Acer G276HLDbmid @ 60Hz       

Might be your internet connection or the server you are in. If it lags in multiplayer at high or ultra setting, you definitely have an issue. In multiplayer anything above 180 ping will significantly lag, and usually make you not even able to run properly. Othewise, perhaps you are using a wrong PCI-E lane on your motherboard...  

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

how are you measuring FPS?  if your are using an external program it might be locking your fps. if your using the console command in bf4 then its not that.

Wow, you guys are so helpfull. Amazing. Theres enough on the list so I ain't gonna scratch a 10th question outa my head for troubleshooting.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

how are you measuring FPS?  if your are using an external program it might be locking your fps. if your using the console command in bf4 then its not that.

Might be your internet connection or the server you are in. If it lags in multiplayer at high or ultra setting, you definitely have an issue. In multiplayer anything above 180 ping will significantly lag, and usually make you not even able to run properly. Othewise, perhaps you are using a wrong PCI-E lane on your motherboard...  

Windows 8.1 with a fresh install of OS with updated drivers couldn't hurt.  Get "START IS BACK" as well... http://www.startisback.com/

Hows your pagefile? BF4 need all the time atleast 4gb of page file to run smooth.

E: Is your GPU full all the time or going up and down on usage?

might internet connection is fine, I only play on servers with lower than 50ping

how much of a boost would 8.1 give?

I and I am using BF4's own fps counter

What would be wrong PCIe lane?

I am a bit of a noob, what do you mean with pagefile?

I am a bit of a noob, what do you mean with pagefile?

Besides this

Pagefile aka virtual memory is file where OS stores processes temporarily. It acts as part of ram and shouldn't be issue when 8gigs of ram is available. However when software has really poor optimization it needs pagefile to help out. Thats case with BF4. You can check how big your pagefile is either from Task Manager or from Control Panel and Performance settings (or by just searching for pagefile). That in Win7.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Besides this

Pagefile aka virtual memory is file where OS stores processes temporarily. It acts as part of ram and shouldn't be issue when 8gigs of ram is available. However when software has really poor optimization it needs pagefile to help out. Thats case with BF4. You can check how big your pagefile is either from Task Manager or from Control Panel and Performance settings (or by just searching for pagefile). That in Win7.

So I have 8GB RAM so I should pick no pagefile?

So I have 8GB RAM so I should pick no pagefile?

You will need pagefile anyway. Windows has designated such to you by default but its something like 1gb. You should increase it to 4gb.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What do you mean by ''can't run''? Are you having FPS issues, or can't you even launch the game? Try installing the latest drivers.