About those Hard Drives, linus.

Linus, I was wondering in this video,

You said there are, or were boxes of Hard drives, I was wondering, I am wanting to get into computing and was gonna ask If I could Have one old junkie Hard drive. I don't just have loads of money because I am 14 and don't have a job. I mean I don't have to get, or have any but I was just wondering what happened to them all.

Also you don't WANT an old junkie hard drive, because this could happen to it ...

and bye bye, data.

Look on craigslist or ebay. You can finds loads of old hard drives for next to nothing. It will probably be cheaper than whatever Linus would pay to ship you an old drive.

4 hours ago, Micah_2004 said:

I was not begging but asking, @PianoPlayer88Key That sounds really scary, LOL.

Yeah you can get a used HDD on Craigslist or Kijiji (or your local equivalent) for like $10-$20.

Or, check out local schools or businesses and ask if they're throwing away any old equipment. Furthermore check out any places that recycle or refurbish old PC's - ask them if you can get a freebie.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 hours ago, Micah_2004 said:

Hard drives are cheap. If even $40 is too much for a 1TB 7200RPM drive (or cheaper if you're okay with slower/smaller), then look around on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and at thrift stores that have electronics. If you've got an electronics recycler near you, maybe they can hook you up with something for cheap. (Though they might not able to due to data confidentiality reasons, so take that with a grain of salt.)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W