#PreludePC A Honda Prelude Sponsored Tribute Build

DD Custom Mods

GcuwI4U.jpg

PCPartPicker Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pkKk29

Good to see you all again!

We have begun our next mod!!!!! Are you as excited as I am?  Let me know what you think and drop me a response below.

BACKGROUND

As someone who loves computer modding, I actually enjoy working on cars as well.  My current project vehicle is a 2000 Honda Prelude.

v4tHHyM.jpg

So naturally when I saw that Thermaltake’s new Commander 34 case looks like the honda emblem, I knew what I had to do.  I’m here to present to you our latest sponsored build, “Prelude PC”

RuS7egL.jpg
NMLEvbL.jpg
534MN0D.jpg

BUILD PLAN

In regards to modding the case itself, we won’t be doing too much other than making the cooling components work.  However with some creative 3D printing, vinyl work and paint.  We plan on dropping a system into the case that will be recognizable to any Honda enthusiast.

3D Prints
H22A Engine
Turbo Pump Cover
Honda Emblem
Prelude badge
Oil Catch Can

PARTS ARRIVING!!

Unboxing video of some of our sponsored parts!  2 separate builds in this unboxing….
https://youtu.be/xiwT1sEO_3Y

That’s our plan!  I hope I have hyped you up for this mod!  

1 minute ago, glenalz81 said:

Not sure about the turbo pump cover but as a Honda and PC enthusiast i'm certainly keen to see the outcome. :)

It's going to be tricky to make for sure, but I have high hopes!  Welcome aboard, I usually get an update out once every couple weeks so please bear with me.

Would be cool if you could make some power connector look like spark plug cables or something.

Cool plan!

2.2l Frankenstein to VTEC Integra....bawls.  We put 100lbs of nos on that bad boy...fwd always winning the "cant grab this 100 bill off the dash" (didn't need nos for this).  Took the cam sensor out of it...loped like a 69' camaro v8 it was beautiful.  Rattle canned it cherry flake with black.  Super fast junkyard revival.

Ahh you brought me back to my younger years bringing up the VTEC lol.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

13 hours ago, TheEpicDuck said:

Would be cool if you could make some power connector look like spark plug cables or something.

Cool plan!

The current plan for the cables is to make or use Sickspeed spark plug combs, cramming 24 wires into 4 sleeves might be hard... however, putting the GPU power cables into heatshrink might not be out of reach.  Thanks for the suggestion!

13 hours ago, Tristerin said:

2.2l Frankenstein to VTEC Integra....bawls.  We put 100lbs of nos on that bad boy...fwd always winning the "cant grab this 100 bill off the dash" (didn't need nos for this).  Took the cam sensor out of it...loped like a 69' camaro v8 it was beautiful.  Rattle canned it cherry flake with black.  Super fast junkyard revival.

Ahh you brought me back to my younger years bringing up the VTEC lol.

Haha love the passion and memories!  One of the reasons I love the Lude is all the memories people share about having one and how much fun they had driving it(stock or modified).  Your description had my heart racing a little bit, to hear it lope would be such a beautiful sound!

I hope I can do this mod right so it brings back great memories for a lot of others like yourself.

I could make a joke about water cooling...and using rice to dry up leaks...but that's effort :P 

Cool looking build though, I love the ones that actually use interesting and custom parts, not just expensive bits and RGB :D 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

7 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

I could make a joke about water cooling...and using rice to dry up leaks...but that's effort :P 

Cool looking build though, I love the ones that actually use interesting and custom parts, not just expensive bits and RGB :D 

Haha thanks!  Yeah I knew the oil leak jokes would start coming out of the woodwork!  But I can't be offended for the truth haha.  Still trying to find a leak with my lude lol

2 minutes ago, seoz said:

I love this! My father used to own a '99 Prelude so this build is particularly interesting and gives great joy to see. :)

That's awesome!  Love my '00 prelude currently.  And I'm looking at buying this '87 for a couple hundred (has engine issues after being ran on bad gas)

PrBepNr.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

GcuwI4U.jpg

What is up my friends and fellow PC gurus!

Just wanted to take a post to give a huge thanks to our sponsors!

First off, we have Thermaltake who has been gracious enough to send not only the Commander 34 case, but all the watercooling gear we need and the power to make it all work.

coGy86W.jpg
TuBIYcK.jpg

Moving on, we come to EVGA.  They were kind enough to send over a EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 to go with our EVGA FTW Z390 board.

8cnsaDe.jpg
F1BbqiC.jpg

Third, we come to our partners over at ModMyMods!  They are sending us a Alphacool block for the 1070 and some misc modding materials and cables.

jUw8s5F.jpg
28WaLlP.jpg

And last but certainly not least, we are proud to announce that ArtMods will be providing the cruicial 3D printed parts to make this build a reality!  Am super excited as he is an incredible fabricator and can paint realistic designs on almost anything!

ue9YXZp.jpg

In other news, below are two video links.  The first is our hardware reveal for the mod and the second is our case review on the Commander C34 case!  Don’t forget to sub to the channel to not miss out on the other reviews coming soon.

#PreludePC Hardware Reveal(Well...most of it)

Thermaltake Commander C34 Case Review
https://youtu.be/MVJv9P4pvb4 (Video goes live June 19th at Noon PST)

Thanks for sticking with us so far!  Can’t wait to get you more content soon!

Cool idea! Was tempted to buy a '97 Prelude late last year but then didn't because I only found 2L engines and no 2.4's and also their emission grade is awefull and since I live in Belgium, Europe that means I wouldn't be able to drive it in bigger cities without paying for a permit.

Eventually bought an '05 Accord, been very happy with it so far (europe has the japanese version, not the US version), shame our laws on modding are suuuuuper strict.

Can't wait to see what you do with the build!

GAMING PC CPU: AMD 3800X Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3080 GAMING OC RAM: 16GB G.Skill 3600MHz/CL14  PSU: Corsair RM850x Case: NZXT MESHIFY 2 XL DARK TG Cooling: EK Velocity + D5 pump + 360mm rad + 280mm rad Monitor: AOC 27" QHD 144Hz Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Audio: Bose QC35 II
WHAT MY GF INHERITED CPU: Intel i7-6700K (4.7GHz @ 1.39v) Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro GPU: Asus GTX 1070 8GB RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Hard Drive: WD Black NVMe SSD 512GB Power Supply: XFX PRO 550W  Cooling: Corsair H115i Case: NZXT H700 White

3 hours ago, CiBi said:

Cool idea! Was tempted to buy a '97 Prelude late last year but then didn't because I only found 2L engines and no 2.4's and also their emission grade is awefull and since I live in Belgium, Europe that means I wouldn't be able to drive it in bigger cities without paying for a permit.

Eventually bought an '05 Accord, been very happy with it so far (europe has the japanese version, not the US version), shame our laws on modding are suuuuuper strict.

Can't wait to see what you do with the build!

That's unfortunate to hear that you got held back from getting a fun car because of the laws.  Luckily in my state there's not many regulations and I'm lucky to be in one of the counties without smog requirements too..... so goodbye CAT lol.  Glad you were still able to get a Honda though and big win on being able to get the JDM version.

That being said... welcome aboard! :D

• 1 month later...

GcuwI4U.jpg

Goood afternoon my fellow PC nuts and Luder lovers!

First, let’s get some love for a bath for #AcidDragon as she sits in the driveway

QZFPsVU.jpg
G4Lx3th.jpg
Y6JMQGp.jpg

Now that we know what we are working towards….. Let’s start changing this Thermaltake Commander C34 case!

First let’s get this front panel off by using a gentle prying motion with a flat screwdriver to release the 4 clips

k2KUqpC.jpg
ivt4YW9.jpg

Those 200mm of RGB goodness (Thermaltake included front intake fans)
jzf0fKO.jpg

Now we can get the grills removed and get them painted green to match the grill on #AcidDragon

lrvRf5K.jpg

A tip for painting outside, cover with a clear tub/container to prevent dust, leaves, bugs and anything else floating around while the paint dries

6e638AO.jpg

Always several super light coats for the win!

paPnlUM.jpg

While I waited for the paint to cure, I began unboxing hardware and getting it installed to test fit and prep the system to plan out our loop and placement of the “turbo” pump.

Starting with this sexy EVGA Z390 FTW motherboard…and fitting the Thermaltake Pacific CPU cooler to it

WaWY0et.jpg
XjH8RcJ.jpg
cU6bZZG.jpg
6Vc2b5b.jpg

Next up our 120GB TeamGroup SSD!

tebtwWF.jpg
sA0E4KB.jpg

Finally, let’s install this Thermaltake ToughPower 850W PSU!  A bit overpowered for this build’s purpose…. But so is the watercooling haha

dbjoDCI.jpg
d3zXXtj.jpg

The paint hasn’t fully cured, but now is dry and can be installed back in place!  The case is looking sexy so far!

cs2Pwnl.jpg
4OdkMVk.jpg

Hopefully I will have time to get some more work this Friday and have another update for you next week!!!

Stay classy fellow modders and friends!!!

1 hour ago, seoz said:

I absolutely love the craftsmanship you've put into the build thus far, keep up the awesome work. :)

Thank you!  Keep your eyes peeled for more!

5 hours ago, DD Custom Mods said:

Hey all!

I had a couple minutes last night so I took a picture of the car’s bumper and recreated the lettering.  Now the design is really coming together!!!

That lettering is HOT! Nice one, loving how much the build is coming together. :)

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

5 minutes ago, seoz said:

That lettering is HOT! Nice one, loving how much the build is coming together. :)

We're just getting started ?

Used to drive a 2000 Type SH. AEM cold air intake.

So much first gear torque. So much oil chugged.