Linus Tech Tips Notifier for Firefox (EOL)

https://mega.co.nz/#!hwtjhR5C!DfrXngBVF8v9rpYT9SZTVQRikSsOnr7FxafTledRzQs for v1.0.0

I intend to upload the source for the major versions.

It's not amazingly well written, and very bolted together, but if you can understand it without any comments (I really ought to comment it, oughtn't I)... then there you go.

thanks!

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

https://mega.co.nz/#!hwtjhR5C!DfrXngBVF8v9rpYT9SZTVQRikSsOnr7FxafTledRzQs for v1.0.0

I intend to upload the source for the major versions.

It's not amazingly well written, and very bolted together, but if you can understand it without any comments (I really ought to comment it, oughtn't I)... then there you go.

Sweet, oh yea and also gratz on becoming a moderator.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

• 1 month later...

I know it's been a while, but I've made some progress on the next version today, and it's working fairly well, except for the settings (which currently don't function). I can't release the next version until the settings are sorted out, but maybe in a couple of weeks.

Also, the latest nightly build just got the ability to add badges to the icons natively, so when that change reaches the release channel (end of February), I can think about adding that. This is what I've got so far with about 10 minutes of tinkering (I will probably allow the colours to be customisable depending on your theme):

f6621e8f60.png

HTTP/2 203

• 3 weeks later...

I use the chrome version very clean and useful

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

New alpha build (1.1.0a4) is now available: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/287098/linustechtips_notifier-1.1.0a4-fx.xpi?src=external-thread-1-1a4-release

I've changed the UI around a bit, and some of the icons are in the new style while some are in the old. I'd love to get your feedback on the changes :)

Although it is supposed to autoupdate people already on the dev channel, I don't think it's working at the moment, so you will need to manually redownload it.

I am planning to release alpha updates a bit more often now, so most of your issues should be fixed in a fairly timely manner.

HTTP/2 203

-snip-

awesome, I'm trying it out now!

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Looks good. Only thing that I would add at this point would be option to use non-transparent background for settings. Maybe toggle sound master switch to quick settings?

E: And for some reason the Twitch bar only shows WAN show logo but not Luke's channel.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Looks good. Only thing that I would add at this point would be option to use non-transparent background for settings. Maybe toggle sound master switch to quick settings?

E: And for some reason the Twitch bar only shows WAN show logo but not Luke's channel.

Non-transparent background option: Will look into it

Sound toggle: Good idea

It was like that before (although bugged), with the idea being that most people are interested in the WAN show, more than they are Luke. I might see what I can do to change it around anyway though.

HTTP/2 203

I've just pushed a new alpha build (1.1.0a5) to the development channel on AMO. I don't know whether auto-updating is working (doubt it...), but you can download it here
Change notes:

• The new icons have now been rolled out throughout the addon
  • The settings page is now less ugly, with consistent spacing and some icons
  • All of the settings should now work. Please go and break them :)
  • When you visit Amazon, you will be prompted to enable the injection of the Amazon affiliate code. At the moment, this requires a restart of the addon (usually achieved by restarting your browser), but the next release (which might end up being a beta) will probably allow you to enable and disable it without restarting.
  • A few minor bug fixes

HTTP/2 203

I've just pushed a new alpha build (1.1.0a5) to the development channel on AMO. I don't know whether auto-updating is working (doubt it...), but you can download it here

Change notes:

- -

Good timing. I was just thinking of updating addon on my Ubuntu laptop. It was still running the previous design version.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Bug: The panel view of notifications doesn't make difference between read and unread. Te unread aren't in bold and don't have same kind of line that dropdown uses.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Bug: The panel view of notifications doesn't make difference between read and unread. Te unread aren't in bold and don't have same kind of line that dropdown uses.

They seem to be bolder for me...

I am thinking about making the notifications panel look nicer at some point, but I don't know whether I can really make anything decent and still be able to release the addon to the release channel soonish (I'm targeting submitting it this month).

What OS are you using?

HTTP/2 203

What OS are you using?

Ubuntu... I can check how this looks on windows when I get back on it tomorrow. But with this machine they all look same. Dropdown works fine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Ubuntu... I can check how this looks on windows when I get back on it tomorrow. But with this machine they all look same. Dropdown works fine.

Ah I'm guessing that it's using the Ubuntu font? Some fonts don't support the "bolder" style that I'm using in some places, although I would have expected that to show up in the dropdown as well...

This is what it looks like for me:

0793ec95a1.png

I'll look into whether I can make it more different though.

HTTP/2 203

Ah I'm guessing that it's using the Ubuntu font? Some fonts don't support the "bolder" style that I'm using in some places, although I would have expected that to show up in the dropdown as well...

This is what it looks like for me:

0793ec95a1.png

I'll look into whether I can make it more different though.

It might be with same font on dropdown as well. But since dropdown has both lighter bg and the separating line, I didn't look that carefully.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It might be with same font on dropdown as well. But since dropdown has both lighter bg and the separating line, I didn't look that carefully.

Yeah that's probably it. I'll look at making it clearer for a future pre-release.

HTTP/2 203

linustechtips.com on here had a lot of comments - where all gone ? there were interesting ?

linustechtips.com on here had a lot of comments - where all gone ? there were interesting ?

CTRL+H  :)

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

How does

344dbad97a.png

look? (On ubuntu, it won't be any bolder than unread messages currently are).

HTTP/2 203

How does

344dbad97a.png

look? (On ubuntu, it won't be any bolder than unread messages currently are).

Looks good.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I've just released a beta build (1.1.0b1) which you can download from here (It probably won't auto-update existing dev channel users).

Change notes:

• Turning off a parent setting will now disable all of the children
  • Implemented a welcome page, which will allow you to set up some settings (please test and give feedback on this)
  • UI changes
  • Bug fixes

HTTP/2 203

I've just released a beta build (1.1.0b1) which you can download from here (It probably won't auto-update existing dev channel users).

Change notes:

• Turning off a parent setting will now disable all of the children
  • Implemented a welcome page, which will allow you to set up some settings (please test and give feedback on this)
  • UI changes
  • Bug fixes

On it.

Works really snappy. Its nice that you can see how it effects on UI immediately. On side note, the unread red highlight looks even better in person than in preview pic.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Alright, I've had time to test the new version out on my MacBook. I'll update this post in a minute with an image I made some suggestions on. Great work! :D

EDIT - alright, here!

post-44947-0-73379300-1418955241_thumb.p