Absolute best PSU for $130 +/-...

ch3w2oy

HX750i

RM1000x - exchange 

Prime Ultra 750

Straight power 11 750

Seriously considering be quiet, heat nothing but good things.. 

These all seem to be around the same price point.. Dark power 11 is a around $159 for me, if someone can convince me it's worth it or more quiet over the straight power then I'll buy it.. 

@Spotty @LukeSavenije @GoldenLag @NunoLava1998@NunoLava1998@NunoLava1998@NunoLava1998   @Constantin

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

Just now, ch3w2oy said:

HX750i

RM1000x - exchange 

Prime Ultra 750

Straight power 11 750

Seriously considering be quiet, heat nothing but good things.. 

These all seem to be around the same price point.. Pure power is a around $159 for me, if someone can convince me it's worth it or more quiet over the straight power then I'll buy it.. 

@Spotty @LukeSavenije @GoldenLag @NunoLava1998@NunoLava1998@NunoLava1998@NunoLava1998   @Constantin

why did you try to ping me 4 times why

The Prime Ultra is a solid option, and the SP11, RM1000x and HX750i too. However, the Prime is the highest quality and has an insane warranty

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

1 hour ago, NunoLava1998 said:

The Prime Ultra is a solid option, and the SP11, RM1000x and HX750i too. However, the Prime is the highest quality and has an insane warranty

Plus Seasonic is on the market like forever!!!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Is there any other way to ping you @nunalova1998 @nunalova1998 @nannalover1998 @nunolava1998  @NunoLava1998?

3 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

These all seem to be around the same price point.. Pure power is a around $159 for me, if someone can convince me it's worth it or more quiet over the straight power then I'll buy it.. 

Uhh, no? Straight Power 11 is better than Pure Power 11. Also $159 is way too much for a Pure Power 11.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Hmm.. You think the prime will be quieter? 

And sorry, I'm on my phone and when I hit backspace it kept copying it, I didn't want to fuck it up further so I just left it lol. Did it notify you more than than once? 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

Just now, ch3w2oy said:

And sorry, I'm on my phone and when I hit backspace it kept copying it, I didn't want to fuck it up further so I just left it lol. Did it notify you more than than once? 

go for the SP11 then, I have honestly no idea about how quiet the Prime is but it probably has a fanless mode or something. I'm too lazy to research though

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Is there any other way to ping you @nunalova1998 @nunalova1998 @nannalover1998 @nunolava1998  @NunoLava1998?

Uhh, no? Straight Power 11 is better than Pure Power 11. Also $159 is way too much for a Pure Power 11.

I meant dark power 11 not pure power, not doing pure power.. Hard to juggle all this on my phone.. 

2 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

go for the SP11 then, I have honestly no idea about how quiet the Prime is but it probably has a fanless mode or something. I'm too lazy to research though

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Just now, ch3w2oy said:

I meant dark power 11 not pure power, not doing pure power.. Hard to juggle all this on my phone.. 

DP11 is pretty good and on par with the Prime. Go 4 it

23 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Any PSU you buy from Bequiet in the US will work in the US.

Pure Power, Straight Power, Dark Power and Power Zone are 100-240VAC anyway...

Only the System Power 9 is 230VAC only, the U9 is the International version though.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

12 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I have honestly no idea about how quiet the Prime is but it probably has a fanless mode or something. I'm too lazy to research though

The Seasonic Prime has a selectable semi-fanless mode.
Looking at cybernetics reports, they're somewhat quiet at low load but at higher load the fan really kicks in and spins at high RPM, with like 40+dBa.

The Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W and 850W looks absolutely horrendous for noise, with >50dBa at >60% load.
https://www.cybenetics.com/code/pdf.php?id=zU5

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.77e019aa5d113295ecc171bdd969a292.png

https://www.cybenetics.com/code/pdf.php?id=QGN

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.62ede0159bdbbacdd4ec7e43afa9a162.png

The Prime Ultra Titaniums are a lot better, likely due to their improved efficiency and less heat produced... But they're out of budget by about $100.
https://www.cybenetics.com/code/pdf.php?id=bee

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e12b411dc56e4ba11be485bce5c662f9.png

Edit: Woops, sorry big cock up. I posted the Seasonic PRIME not the Seasonic Prime ULTRA results. I'll still leave the Seasonic Prime results up there for comparison.

The Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold is much better at the lower loads, but is still very loud at higher loads and still hits 50dBa at >80% load. (not that you'd be doing 80% load with your system anyway, but still important to note)
https://www.cybenetics.com/code/pdf.php?id=V2s

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a6f96219274b829c37c61f5ae67e0e71.png

Edited by Spotty
Posted info for wrong prime series

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

and has an insane warranty

...wich might or might not be an advantage, thus the Warranty should not be used as an argument because its entirely possible that the manufacturer either goes under or just doesn't replace the unit and claims "wear and tear due to normal use" after a couple of years.

For example 10 Years ago, Enermax was one of the bigger manufacturers, IIRC number 2 in Germany. And they had their own factories (wich isn't necessarily an advantage though). But they did an oopsie or two wich lead to them to be not relevant today. They still exist and they seem to have some decent products.

Or do you remember Tagan (for the Europeans) or PC Power & Cooling for the US? BFG, Mushkin. 

Also Antec was pretty strong as well and beat blows with Corsair back in the day.
But today? They are somewhat there but seems like they are struggling pretty hard.

Or Cougar wich seem to have closed up shop in Europe, although they had some awesome units (the GX-S was OK, the GX-F was awesome).

So the Warranty might not mean much in the end. So its wrong to emphazize that.

I have honestly no idea about how quiet the Prime is but it probably has a fanless mode or something. I'm too lazy to research though

Yes, but people complain about the fan noise of the prime.

That has some Motor Noise for whatever reason.

For noise the Seasonic in General are not the best choices (and neither is EVGA), other options are usually better...

Be quiet, as the name suggest, trys to get as quiet as possible.

21 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Plus Seasonic is on the market like forever!!!

PC-Power and Cooling was also rather old and is dead.

Enermax is also not that young either.

Antec was also one of the first Consumer PSU Manufacturers back in the late 80s and is struggling.

The Age doesn't mean anything and here he wouldn't be happy with a Seasonic unit, if Seasonic didn't change/update the fan.

23 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

No, probably not.

The be quiet might be the best choice for you, the HX750i might also be not too bad but not as good...

31 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

However, the Prime is the highest quality and has an insane warranty

I'm not sure about that.

And who really know it are PSU Engineers. No Enduser has the necessary competence to rate the "quality" of the unit...

It can be that other units you might not expect have the higher "Quality" because of the Standards the Company has and works with.

I'm not saying that it is the case at all, I'm saying that we don't know it without Reverseengineering the PSU and analyze them. And even that is not enough, we also have to do some extensive testing as well.

25 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

If Dark Power you might want to take a look at the 850W Version as well.

Not because of the Wattage but because of the design of the unit.

With 850W there is a switch to a more potent design with 2 Transformers and bigger heatsinks. That might benefit you eventually.

Thanks @Stefan Payne!

Would the Dark power 11 provide any benefits such as quietness over the straight power 11?

I think I'm going be quiet at this point, thanks everyone! 

4 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

Would the Dark power 11 provide any benefits such as quietness over the straight power 11?

AFAIK they both use the same Silent Wings 3 fan... But I'll have to double check on that.

Edit: Yep, both SIlent Wings 3. SIW3-13525-HF

Edited by Spotty

6 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

Only at highest loads, at lower loads it shouldn't make much differences.

The Thing to keep in mind is that the Straight Power is brand new, the Dark Power a bit older.

5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

AFAIK they both use the same Silent Wings 3 fan... But I'll have to double check on that.

Edit: Yep, both SIlent Wings 3. SIW3-13525-HF

Thanks, so the platinum rating won't really be of benefit right, just save $40 and get the straight power? 

Just now, Stefan Payne said:

Only at highest loads, at lower loads it shouldn't make much differences.

The Thing to keep in mind is that the Straight Power is brand new, the Dark Power a bit older.

Okay, thanks! I'll just grab the straight power. It should have enough connections for everything right? 

1 minute ago, ch3w2oy said:

Okay, thanks! I'll just grab the straight power. It should have enough connections for everything right? 

Which wattage are you looking at?
You can check what connectors each model has on the Be Quiet website

https://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/straight-power-11/1247

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Which wattage are you looking at?
You can check what connectors each model has on the Be Quiet website

https://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/straight-power-11/1247

Prob the 750 or 850.

9 hours ago, ch3w2oy said:

Prob the 750 or 850.

850W only for the Dark Power because there are big changes between the 750 and 850W Dark Power PRO P11.

Basically one of the models goes from 550-750, the other starts at 850W and goes up to 1200W.

The Straight Power has two versions, distinguishable on the modular Panel, one from 450-650W, the other from 750-1000W.

So there is not much advantage in taking the 850W Straight Power 11 over the 750W.

As stated earlier, its not about the Wattage!

The Reason I mentioned 850W for the P11 is this:

https://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/be-quiet-dark-power-pro-11-850w-psu-review/4/

And the lower wattage look like this:

https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/psu/86249-quiet-dark-power-pro-11-550w/

That is a huge difference and could probably give you a quieter unit under load.

For the Straight Power 11, the differences are not as big as the Dark Power and the 750W is the better unit because of the modular panel.

That issue doesn't exist on the Dark Power PRO...

12 hours ago, ch3w2oy said:

Is it quiet? I keep coming back to this unit myself.

I would like a be quiet one but every time I look at their pictures it shows the foreign outlet.. If I buy it in the US will it be okay? Sorry that sounds really noobish lol. 

Yes the 750 Prime Ultra Ti is A++ Certified for quietness.

https://www.cybenetics.com/index.php?option=database&manfID=12&volts=1&cert=2&bdg=1&volts=1

The old ones were noisy, but they have been discontinued a long time ago now.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

9 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

850W only for the Dark Power because there are big changes between the 750 and 850W Dark Power PRO P11.

Basically one of the models goes from 550-750, the other starts at 850W and goes up to 1200W.

The Straight Power has two versions, distinguishable on the modular Panel, one from 450-650W, the other from 750-1000W.

So there is not much advantage in taking the 850W Straight Power 11 over the 750W.

As stated earlier, its not about the Wattage!

The Reason I mentioned 850W for the P11 is this:

https://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/be-quiet-dark-power-pro-11-850w-psu-review/4/

And the lower wattage look like this:

https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/psu/86249-quiet-dark-power-pro-11-550w/

That is a huge difference and could probably give you a quieter unit under load.

For the Straight Power 11, the differences are not as big as the Dark Power and the 750W is the better unit because of the modular panel.

That issue doesn't exist on the Dark Power PRO...

Thanks for that..

Honestly, I think I rather just get something I'm familiar with. I don't really like the connections on the modular panel..

I decided to just save some money and get one of these..

The Whisper 850w for $109 or the RM850x 2018 for $119? Which would you grab out of those two (i don't care about warranty).. Or the Prime Ultra Gold 750w for $128? Unless you really think the Straight Power 11 750w for $119 is worth it, I guess I can grab one of those.. lol

I will buy the one you mention in your next reply, even if you say S12II, so choose wisely ?

Thanks for the help, btw!

45 minutes ago, Ankerson said:

Yes the 750 Prime Ultra Ti is A++ Certified for quietness.

The old ones were noisy, but they have been discontinued a long time ago now.

Yes and what about the fan noise?
How does that hold up???

Not well it seems...

http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=69990

So why try to push someone into a knife?!
It doesn't have to be Seasonic, especially when there are better units for the user that are known to be good.

Why should we risk recommending a Unit that has the probability of the User beeing very disapointed with it and wasting time and money??