Products you love an never want to get rid of.

ELSknutson

What are some of products that you have purchased and never want to get rid of.

I have had a Logitec G600 mouse and A G 710 Plus Keyboard for going on 5 years and have never once wanted a new keyboard or mouse and if one were to break I would hold a candle light vigil for them. Then go out and re-buy the same ones if they are still available.  

G710+

Loving mine over the years as well, only thing I don't like is that I wish it was more of a rectangular shape instead.

I'd say both my G402 mouse and keyboard as well but I don't mind have more buttons on my mouse and a freespin scroll wheel down the road if it dies and need replacing 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

One PC thing I have in mind though are my drawing tablet, it's just a really nice little thing to use.

Otherwise my consoles and handhelds are products I would never get rid of; mostly my DS, GameBoy (Advance/Color included) systems and home-consoles from Nintendo come to mind.

EDIT: totally forgot about my headphones; wouldn't get rid of those either. My DT 990's.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Sychic said:

I really like the aesthetic of my mobo but they discontinued it...

what motherboard is it? 

Headphones: Audeze LCD-2

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Strix Z370-E

I Like my X99 Strix board though I wish it had more RGB setting 

Just now, ELSknutson said:

I Like my X99 Strix board though I wish it had more RGB setting 

Just zip tie more rgb strips onto it

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

Headphones: Audeze LCD-2

I would hope so thoughs are expensive.  But they do look cool 

Just zip tie more rgb strips onto it

its not the lighting it self its Asus's Software  its not as good as NZXT Cam software 

1 minute ago, ELSknutson said:

its not the lighting it self its Asus's Software  its not as good as NZXT Cam software 

I've heard that CAM is really buggy and just a bad software. But I'd probably prefer Corsair iCue. They've really done a great job with it

G502 mouse, will buy another or similar if and when this dies.

Nvidia shield TV, although I am waiting to see what the Raspberry PI 4 will be like, if it has x265 hardware decoding.

My phone, pocophone F1, will probably use this for several years at least.

Things I wish I still had include:-

original modded xbox... this was my pride and joy while it lived. Awesome for homebrew and media playback.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Oh boy, what a list this'll be...

• 360 Elite Falcon
  • Presario 2286 + original 4GB Seagate
  • ProSignia 165
  • GTX 480 engineering sample
  • Supermicro P3TDDE
  • Z97X-Gaming 5 + G3258 (parts I bought for my first actually-decent PC)
  • OptiPlex 170L (and my 7010 tbh)
  • Voodoo 3 3000 AGP
  • Sharp "laptop" my grandpa gave me that I can't remember the model of to save my life

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 minute ago, flibberdipper said:

Oh boy, what a list this'll be...

• 360 Elite Falcon
  • Presario 2286 + original 4GB Seagate
  • ProSignia 165
  • GTX 480 engineering sample
  • Supermicro P3TDDE
  • Z97X-Gaming 5 + G3258 (parts I bought for my first actually-decent PC)
  • OptiPlex 170L (and my 7010 tbh)
  • Voodoo 3 3000 AGP
  • Sharp "laptop" my grandpa gave me that I can't remember the model of to save my life

I had a  gigabyte Z97X- Gaming 5 motherboard and Loved it. 

I just thought of a couple more 

Corsair Air 540  Case   

OG gray game boy and Pokemon red and blue 

Tough question, I have had a bunch of things I really loved but life has a bad habit of getting in the way. Avoiding anything I might have to end up selling I'll name my white Falcon Xbox 360, I got it little over ten years ago, and it's conveniently something that has very little market value, tons of sentimental value, and a continued practical usefulness to it. It was my first proper console and ten years is of course plenty long for a plethora of great memories. It's a shame the 360 controller has been discontinued.

I'm really tempted to say my Mac Pro 1,1, but Internet is eventually going to ruin it. It's too bulky and energy hungry to keep around once it falls too much behind. I have had my mid 2010 MBP for about six years now (three times longer than the Mac Pro), and while it's both small enough to keep around and cheap enough to keep going, the emotional bond just isn't the same. I think I first fell in love with the design when I helped my brother move and saw his PowerPC-era Mac Pro. I'll definitely be looking to carry on owning a cheese grater Mac Pro, but time will tell if 4,1/5,1 ends up clicking with me at all. As much as I love macOS, it's the physical object I bond with.

The one I had to let go was my Abit IP-35 Pro and Asus 9800GTX+ with Dark Knight cooler. Those two parts will hopefully some day reform the backbone of my favorite retro-ish PC. I still have my 420W HEC PSU that goes with them, and I suppose the Nexus Clodius White case is also part of that particular dream. The correct CPU would be E2160, but I'm pretty sure I'll give in and throw in something quicker, if the day ever comes. The worst part about those parts is how cheap I ended up selling everything. That motherboard was practically the backbone of my first self-built system for crazy many years (I started with a bare IP-35, but had to get it serviced and got the vastly better looking Pro as a replacement).

This is turning into a memorabilia-wishlist, but you can't sue me for it so, sorry. I also hope to one day reacquire an HP Omnibook 6000. This too was introduced to me by my brother, a laptop was like magic after only using desktops for ten or so years (and phones had personality, but they were still pretty dumb). I have tons of good memories with the laptop, and one of my greatest regrets is passing on spending the 10€ opportunity to restore it after my younger brother had his turn with it. I discovered After Forever while I had the laptop (their singer is singing in Nightwish these days), I loved strategy games back in those days and I found the perfect hard plastic mouse mat that fit over the keyboard, and I spent a fortune replacing the battery and the hinges in 2007. The best it could ran was Windows 2000, but it was still good for taking notes and watching Youtube.

I love my iPhone 6S, but its battery is going to go bad. My MX Master is the best mouse I have ever had (R.A.T. 7 comes close second, their discontinuation is one of the biggest wrongs the tech world has seen, in my opinion of course), but it too suffers from this internal battery thing (and moving parts). My favorite keyboard to this day is one of Apple's glued monstrosities, I ruined my after years by finally spilling liquid on it (I was able to resurrect it pretty good, but since ö and - are among the very few keys that simply refuse to work, it had to step aside).

On software side.. I wish Bersirc hadn't died. I'll be holding onto my copies of Fallout 3 GOTY (360) and Star Trek Conquest (PS2). Fallout 3 took a huge chunk of my life, and Star Trek is The thing. I hope to collect a good collection of Star Trek games eventually, there's just always something else going on.

I had a good thing going on with my Project Scorpio edition One X, but then I had to have it serviced and it came back without the sticker and with a barely visible marker mark. It's not my Scorpio anymore, I care a heck less about it now. It's still a great system to use, but the connection is gone. I preordered it, got it days before the official launch (sometimes shipping works better than you could even hope for), I loved it and I was proud of it. Now it's just mishandled, irreversibly value-ridden, possibly not even my original unit.  Replacing it with whatever comes next won't be a problem, and I probably won't bother spending an arm and a leg for the version I really want, I'll wait and go cheap, having someone fuck your 520€ collector's item up sucks so much.

Umh. My ThinkPad W530 has a good chance to stick with me for ages. The i7 will stay strong for many years to come, the build quality is superb, mine is in very good condition, and I'm hoping to expand its graphics power with an external GPU (it already exceeded my expectations with a huge margin, but even with the limitations of ExpressCard it has a lot to gain from an eGPU). Four memory slots in a laptop tickles me the same way eight slots in my Mac Pro does. It's fun stuff. The keyboard is really nice too.

Sorry, I was looking for an excuse to type away, and I always love a chance to talk about myself. Thank you for a fun topic!

4 hours ago, Minibois said:

One PC thing I have in mind though are my drawing tablet, it's just a really nice little thing to use.

Otherwise my consoles and handhelds are products I would never get rid of; mostly my DS, GameBoy (Advance/Color included) systems and home-consoles from Nintendo come to mind.

EDIT: totally forgot about my headphones; wouldn't get rid of those either. My DT 990's.

How would you describe open backs compared to close back in your words? 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

4 minutes ago, Sharif said:

How would you describe open backs compared to close back in your words? 

I don't have enough experience with closed back headphones to give a full opinion on this, I can however say that these open back headphones give a great soundstage, but they do leak a lot of sound. Not recommended in public areas.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

I don't have enough experience with closed back headphones to give a full opinion on this, I can however say that these open back headphones give a great soundstage, but they do leak a lot of sound. Not recommended in public areas.

Don't plan on using them outside but I always get put off using my closed back headphones over speakers, there is something about natural sound of speakers I keep craving (Moved recently don't have one anymore) I was wondering if it sounds more open in the sense of how speaker have their own natural reverb from the room itself 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Even though I haven't used it for around 7 months, I never plan on getting rid of my HD 7850.

It holds a ton of sentimental value to me because it got me through Team Fortress 2, a lot of emulation, Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and a number of other games. Even if that card isn't very stable, it was the card I put up with that went through four CPUs: an AMD FX-4100, an AMD Athlon X4 950, my current Ryzen 7 1700X and the AMD Phenom II X3 B75 that my secondary rig has until I retired it in favor of my previous RX 580.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 hour ago, WereCat said:

Steam Controller 

Those were a really hit or miss with a lot of people it seems, never tried one but I do like using a xbox controller. Gotta try one at some point.

Out of curiosity, did you have same Bad apple theme 2 years back? seeing many old members here made me feel weirdly nostalgic  

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Probably my G502, has all the buttons i want and im really comfortable with it. My K70 has been with me for four years or so now, might stick with me forever or might not. Depends on weather or not i decide i want some other switches really

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 hours ago, ELSknutson said:

What are some of products that you have purchased and never want to get rid of.

I have had a Logitec G600 mouse and A G 710 Plus Keyboard for going on 5 years and have never once wanted a new keyboard or mouse and if one were to break I would hold a candle light vigil for them. Then go out and re-buy the same ones if they are still available.  

My LL Bean backpack I bought in 1991 and I still use today.  Canvas is wearing and fading but I love it still.

For PC stuff, I still use the Antec Nine Hundred case (now the server).  Just love the look since it came out.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi