Used surface pro 3 for free or xps 13 (2018)

I'm thinking of buying a new thin, light and compact laptop for college use with great battery life. I mostly use chrome, some office apps and play some 2d platforming/indie games. Should I buy a xps 13 or a surface pro 3 is perfectly suitable for above mentioned use case which I'm getting for free from my cousin. 

If this was me it would be a nobrainer: I would go with the Surface Pro 3.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes ago, ashu1106 said:

I'm thinking of buying a new thin, light and compact laptop for college use with great battery life. I mostly use chrome, some office apps and play some 2d platforming/indie games. Should I buy a xps 13 or a surface pro 3 is perfectly suitable for above mentioned use case which I'm getting for free from my cousin. 

I would stay away from the surface pro (I'm not a fan of that sort of thing). I like the "2019 Lenovo ThinkPad T580", but again, just my opinion.

Would pick the Matebook 13 or Matebook X Pro from Huawei over the XPS 13, but free Surface Pro is honestly a no-brainer, even if the Surface Pro 3 isnt perfect

If you won't use the pen, don't get a surface. 

With love,

An avid surface user. 

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

I totally missed the 'free' part, yeah surface pro for the win. Edit, wait are they both free?

i would go XPS, it is one of the most complete laptops, and nice for office use..

But since it is for "school/work" i would always go lenovo.... X1 or T models, it is just one of the best

What's the specs of both system?

I would get the Surface Pro 3 as it is: Free, and the Surface Pro has served me very well at university, much more than laptop I used to have before.

And, it is a perfectly capable system, especially if it is a the i5 model

3 hours ago, CodeNova said:

I totally missed the 'free' part, yeah surface pro for the win. Edit, wait are they both free?

Nope, the surface pro is free, he would be buying  used XPS ;

4 hours ago, ashu1106 said:

Should I buy a xps 13

or a surface pro 3 is perfectly suitable for above mentioned use case which I'm getting for free from my cousin. 

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Even though it's an inferior device in every single way (unless you're like me and love tablets), it's free. There's literally no reason to not get the Surface Pro 3. Even if you don't use it, you can sell it or something to get money for the XPS.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈