Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

18 hours ago, FrostedSakura said:

Now the gpu is always crashing the fan spin really fast and the driver gave code 31 when i restart it, i think my card broke. This card really makes me frustrated. Last time i see, yes the gpu is only using pcie power. I don't know anymore, gpu price is so pricy right now

I recommend not giving up on it, its a great card. First DDU the drivers and then remove it from the build, Clean the pcie contacts with an eraser and the plug it all in and then install the 417.23 drivers that one has never crashed on me.

4 hours ago, Rahul Vivek said:

I recommend not giving up on it, its a great card. First DDU the drivers and then remove it from the build, Clean the pcie contacts with an eraser and the plug it all in and then install the 417.23 drivers that one has never crashed on me.

I did the cleaning using eraser and using 417.23, still same 😞, the bus interface change to pci-express and everything to 0 when crashing. even my windows can't shutdown when that happend

526706649_Screenshot2021-06-06012634.png.969bb6599f378c5f6145562b095f1611.png

16 minutes ago, FrostedSakura said:

I did the cleaning using eraser and using 417.23, still same 😞, the bus interface change to pci-express and everything to 0 when crashing. even my windows can't shutdown when that happend

Send me a screenshot of your sensor's section.Looks like a BIOS issue.

I have a P104-100 lying around that I'd quite like to use, but I have a Ryzen 5 3600 (no iGPU)

I have a GTX 970 and Radeon HD 5450 also available, could I use it with those as the output instead?

I also tried it in a thunderbolt eGPU box (Razer core x chroma) and the performance was worse than a GTX 970, but I'm guessing that was because of it not being able to output video directly from the GPU, and needing to passthrough to the iGPU over the limited TB4 connection.

On 6/6/2021 at 2:15 AM, Rahul Vivek said:

Send me a screenshot of your sensor's section.Looks like a BIOS issue.

i can't get the gpu working, makes windows crash and sometimes pfn list corrupt bluescreen

12 hours ago, FrostedSakura said:

i can't get the gpu working, makes windows crash and sometimes pfn list corrupt bluescreen

Maybe you should use pop os and see if it crashes the os or even works maybe some windows update is causing it to not work.

12 hours ago, Zoemaestra said:

I have a P104-100 lying around that I'd quite like to use, but I have a Ryzen 5 3600 (no iGPU)

I have a GTX 970 and Radeon HD 5450 also available, could I use it with those as the output instead?

I also tried it in a thunderbolt eGPU box (Razer core x chroma) and the performance was worse than a GTX 970, but I'm guessing that was because of it not being able to output video directly from the GPU, and needing to passthrough to the iGPU over the limited TB4 connection.

That's pretty interesting. Maybe you should use the 5450 as the primary gpu and try the nvidia hack. Can't guarantee but still possible. However an nvidia and nvidia setup will not work.

7 hours ago, Rahul Vivek said:

That's pretty interesting. Maybe you should use the 5450 as the primary gpu and try the nvidia hack. Can't guarantee but still possible. However an nvidia and nvidia setup will not work.

I tried with the HD5450 and windows 10 only shows the HD5450 as both high and low power graphics, won't let me select the P104-100 😞

37 minutes ago, Zoemaestra said:

I tried with the HD5450 and windows 10 only shows the HD5450 as both high and low power graphics, won't let me select the P104-100 😞

Is nvidia control panel working?

5 hours ago, Rahul Vivek said:

Is nvidia control panel working?

Yeah, I got that running and it picked up the P104-100 just fine. I tried setting it as the gpu to play rocket league on, but actually running rocket league made it extremely obvious it wasn't running on it lol

12 hours ago, Zoemaestra said:

Yeah, I got that running and it picked up the P104-100 just fine. I tried setting it as the gpu to play rocket league on, but actually running rocket league made it extremely obvious it wasn't running on it lol

Try disabling the 5450.

6 hours ago, Rahul Vivek said:

Try disabling the 5450.

Shows the P104-100 in the windows graphics settings but nvidia control panel is unhappy and windows is tearing and generally isn't acting normally. Rocket league also isn't performing as it should

image.png

1 hour ago, Zoemaestra said:

Shows the P104-100 in the windows graphics settings but nvidia control panel is unhappy and windows is tearing and generally isn't acting normally. Rocket league also isn't performing as it should

image.png

Can You use linux. If you can then use pop os. Use the nvidia version. Put the amd gpu in first slot and the nvidia gpu in second. Install the open source driver for amd and leave the nvidia one as it is. Then try proton and wine.

38 minutes ago, Rahul Vivek said:

Can You use linux. If you can then use pop os. Use the nvidia version. Put the amd gpu in first slot and the nvidia gpu in second. Install the open source driver for amd and leave the nvidia one as it is. Then try proton and wine.

ehh I'd rather not use linux lol, it's not something I like using

17 hours ago, Zoemaestra said:

ehh I'd rather not use linux lol, it's not something I like using

Same here, But its the only possible way its doable for now.

Tried it in my sister's PC since I can get no use out of it in mine and it doesn't work there either with error code 12 on the iGPU.

Bit sad that it's basically unusable 😞

2 hours ago, Zoemaestra said:

Tried it in my sister's PC since I can get no use out of it in mine and it doesn't work there either with error code 12 on the iGPU.

Bit sad that it's basically unusable 😞

Which iGPU is it?

On 6/14/2021 at 7:18 PM, Rahul Vivek said:

Which iGPU is it?

HD Graphics 4600, it's an i5-4590 in an Asus h81m-plus motherboard

16 hours ago, Zoemaestra said:

HD Graphics 4600, it's an i5-4590 in an Asus h81m-plus motherboard

Go to the bios menu, force the system to use the igpu. DDU both the gpu drivers. Reinstall the intel driver first then nvidia and then the regedit hack. Then tell me the results.

3 hours ago, Rahul Vivek said:

Go to the bios menu, force the system to use the igpu. DDU both the gpu drivers. Reinstall the intel driver first then nvidia and then the regedit hack. Then tell me the results.

Tried this the first time, the iGPU driver only works with the P104-100 removed - otherwise it code 12s itself.

48 minutes ago, Zoemaestra said:

Tried this the first time, the iGPU driver only works with the P104-100 removed - otherwise it code 12s itself.

I looked it up and its actually a windows issue. It will work if you use ver. 1903 or before.

you could try insider build (dev channel) of windows 10 ver 20190 in graphics preference you can specify what gpu is used

Have anyone tried windows 11 with the p106? Cause I'm curious about its new drivers kits.

On 6/29/2021 at 6:20 AM, Rahul Vivek said:

Have anyone tried windows 11 with the p106? Cause I'm curious about its new drivers kits.

hi, i tried, works but i can't see an important change at the performance. I tried it with a i7 4790 and asrock h81-hds

Captura de pantalla 2021-06-29 093904.png

3 hours ago, jbcgames said:

hi, i tried, works but for me only with the 397.31 driver and installed directly from the device manager,. and the performance i can't see an important change. I tried it with a i7 4790 and asrock h81-hds

Captura de pantalla 2021-06-29 093904.png

It worked out of the box? Or did it needed some registry edits?