Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

34 minutes ago, Rahul Vivek said:

What windows version you are using?

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 - 19042.928.

I removed the 417.22 drivers, runned the DDU, installed the 465.89 drivers with the nv_dispi.inf mod, did the regedit mods but no success.

--- sorry for my english ---

hi, one question, it´s posible unlock the ports of pcie of the p106-090?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2021 at 1:40 AM, jbcgames said:

hi, one question, it´s posible unlock the ports of pcie of the p106-090?

Nope

At this point we need to call out Nvidia on this, even if we  wanted to buy a gpu we couldn't. 
Nvidia stopping us from updating these gpus is just a dick move they literally would lose nothing at this point if they allowed us to. 

On 5/13/2021 at 5:52 AM, Mirror Reaper said:

At this point we need to call out Nvidia on this, even if we  wanted to buy a gpu we couldn't. 
Nvidia stopping us from updating these gpus is just a dick move they literally would lose nothing at this point if they allowed us to. 

Pop!OS is the only option for latest drivers. There must be some way to fool the drivers to believe this card is a 1060 or even a 1050 since the shader count is same for the p106-90. I am currently testing on windows 7 with lucid mvp and get around limitations.

On 1/3/2021 at 11:08 PM, Shibly said:

Give me the name of the game pls. Could not run Doom eternal but cyberpunk 2077, COD warzone, Horizon Zero Dawn ran without problems that I can notice.

On linux Bro. The card runs on the newest opensource drivers flawlessly.

Hi can you figure out anything for Doom eternal? i bought it on steam but its absolutely refusing to run on my system

System specs -

intel i3-4130

p106-600(6GB)

12gb ram

20 hours ago, hackedpersona said:

Hi can you figure out anything for Doom eternal? i bought it on steam but its absolutely refusing to run on my system

System specs -

intel i3-4130

p106-600(6GB)

12gb ram

You Can use POP OS! with proton and wine and doom eternal runs perfectly out of the box. 

I recently tried windows 7 with this card and well the results were not that good. I was able to play games upto dx11 but some games upright refused to start. This is a great value card since any card is literally super hard to find now. This card can be given some life if only a new driver hack is found or any other software like lucid virtu mvp for windows 10. There is some hope cause the new drivers following 465.89 don't show the error43 on adaptertype change but the gpu still shows 0mb memory. I really dont wana discard a card like this cause graphics cards are really costly in india i got this one for just $50 which is a lot less cause it provides similar performance to a 1050ti which costs around $150. Lets hope for the best.

Hey, I tried the new 466.47 drivers and guess what, No error 43 but when i start the nvidia control panel it stars but when you open the 3d settings it crashes and then refuses to starts requiring an ddu.

5 hours ago, Rahul Vivek said:

Hey, I tried the new 466.47 drivers and guess what, No error 43 but when i start the nvidia control panel it stars but when you open the 3d settings it crashes and then refuses to starts requiring an ddu.

Hey, with the 466.47 drivers, even without the nVidia Control Panel, the GPU has DirectX acceleration or anything on GPU-Z?

On 5/24/2021 at 6:49 AM, lucasgsq said:

Hey, with the 466.47 drivers, even without the nVidia Control Panel, the GPU has DirectX acceleration or anything on GPU-Z?

Everything activates but the issue is that the system memory is detected as 0mb and one thing more i noticed is that on driver 417.22 the cuda cores is 640 but on 466.47 its 768 which can give quite a performance boost. Maybe modifying the driver to trick it into believing its a laptop gpu may activate the gpu.

9 hours ago, Rahul Vivek said:

Everything activates but the issue is that the system memory is detected as 0mb and one thing more i noticed is that on driver 417.22 the cuda cores is 640 but on 466.47 its 768 which can give quite a performance boost. Maybe modifying the driver to trick it into believing its a laptop gpu may activate the gpu.

the AdapterType = 4 mod on Regedit didn't work?

17 hours ago, lucasgsq said:

the AdapterType = 4 mod on Regedit didn't work?

No, Things such as opengl activate, But gpuz shows that the gpu has 0mb vram and is not shown as a high performance gpu.

nb.gif

This is how it is on 417.23 driver as you can see that on the above screenshot is clearly showing 768 shaders but here it is showing 640.

bn.gif

nvidia is already limiting mining on rtx card  to prevent miner to to overbuy gpu and blocking 3d load on mining card to prevent gamer to buy and game on mining card you are lucky that driver 417.22 is working for you 

hi, someone can help me with this, i have a p106-090 with an i7 4790, recently my computer show blue screen with the error code "irql_not_less_or_equal" or error "memory management" but i don´t know if is the graphic card, because if i pass the furmark this not have a error no matter the time that i left it. 

14 hours ago, jbcgames said:

hi, someone can help me with this, i have a p106-090 with an i7 4790, recently my computer show blue screen with the error code "irql_not_less_or_equal" or error "memory management" but i don´t know if is the graphic card, because if i pass the furmark this not have a error no matter the time that i left it. 

If the problem is still reoccurring i will recommend you to first ddu and reinstall the drivers and if that does'nt work then i will recommend you to reseat the ram cause its most likely a driver or memory issue.

Can anyone help me, mine stuck on 139mhz but it working before. i already ddu multiple times, using 417.22/23, reinstall windows, change pci slot and change the power supply but still no luck
driver version now 417.23 with windows 21h1image.thumb.png.5e34d2e182196f5304e0cbab261d0b64.pngimage.png.94c249f9129ce611f8af9f0cca4fc686.png

20 hours ago, FrostedSakura said:

Can anyone help me, mine stuck on 139mhz but it working before. i already ddu multiple times, using 417.22/23, reinstall windows, change pci slot and change the power supply but still no luck
driver version now 417.23 with windows 21h1

139mhz is the non boost clock. It already boosts when you run a 3d intensive application.

2 hours ago, Rahul Vivek said:

139mhz is the non boost clock. It already boosts when you run a 3d intensive application.

still locked at 139 even when i'm doing benchmark (my first screenshoot using furmark) or playing games

5 hours ago, FrostedSakura said:

still locked at 139 even when i'm doing benchmark (my first screenshoot using furmark) or playing games

Have you got msi afterburner installed? If so, then check what the power limit is set at cause your gpu is showing that its reaching its power level even at 390C which is unusual.

21 hours ago, Rahul Vivek said:

Have you got msi afterburner installed? If so, then check what the power limit is set at cause your gpu is showing that its reaching its power level even at 390C which is unusual.

Everything is still at 100% afterburner but here is my afterburner screenshoot
image.thumb.png.65c4d3b0127e8bc48af238099c90ad10.png

On 6/3/2021 at 10:25 PM, FrostedSakura said:

Everything is still at 100% afterburner but here is my afterburner screenshoot

Can you show me the sensors section of gpuz cause i think your gpu is using only pcie slot power and not the 6pin power from the supply. For now i will recommend checking the 6 pin power cable.

1 hour ago, Rahul Vivek said:

Can you show me the sensors section of gpuz cause i think your gpu is using only pcie slot power and not the 6pin power from the supply. For now i will recommend checking the 6 pin power cable.

Now the gpu is always crashing the fan spin really fast and the driver gave code 31 when i restart it, i think my card broke. This card really makes me frustrated. Last time i see, yes the gpu is only using pcie power. I don't know anymore, gpu price is so pricy right now