Vape

_VOIDNEXUS_
Go to solution Solved by _VOIDNEXUS_,

aight no vape it is

If I use an e juice  without nicotine then technically I wont get addicted to vaping?

I like to stand outside when it's cold and pretend I'm smoking as the water vapor in my breath condenses before my eyes.

It's cheaper than buying a vape pen and you get the same effect.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

2 minutes ago, _VOIDNEXUS_ said:

If I use an e juice  without nicotine then technically I wont get addicted to vaping?

You might get addicted to the Joy of Vaping. It just like weed. You can get mental addiction but not a Physical one

Chase B
Sound Tech and GPU Expert

Are You New? Please Click on these links to help you out. Code Of Conduct | LTT Beginners Guide 

15 minutes ago, _VOIDNEXUS_ said:

Electric cigarettes are meant for people to replace cigarettes since they are less bad for you than cigarettes. If you don't smoke, then don't start vaping (or smoking, definitely don't start smoking). It's not cool, it doesn't taste good and you'll end up regretting it in due time, believe me... Also vaping is still bad for you, it's just less bad than smoking.

You wouldn't start wearing nicotine patches without being addicted to smoking, so don't start vaping unless you use it as a means to help you stop smoking.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

What kind of vaping are we talking about? because you know Narghile is actually more harmful than cigarettes.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I'm pretty sure nicotine is the main reason why people smoke/vape overall. Its the thing getting you addicted and bringing "joy" of it. There are much better things to get addicted on that bring you joy.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, _VOIDNEXUS_ said:

Anything can become an addition.

As for chemical addiction? that depends on your body chemistry and how it effects you personally, but I am not aware of any non-nicotine vape juice that is inherently addicting not to mention I have not head any vape juice without nicotine. Besides why do you want to vape and put that shit in your lungs? There is some theories out now that claim that vaping could possibly be worse than real smoke sooooooooooooooo... but hey it is your body, your choice.

Just being realistic, not intentionally facetious 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Anything can become an addition.

As for chemical addiction? that depends on your body chemistry and how it effects you personally, but I am not aware of any non-nicotine vape juice that is inherently addicting not to mention I have not head any vape juice without nicotine. Besides why do you want to vape and put that shit in your lungs? There is some theories out now that claim that vaping could possibly be worse than real smoke sooooooooooooooo... but hey it is your body, your choice.

Just being realistic, not intentionally facetious 

One of the compounds commonly used in vape juice to make it have that thick viscosity is the same compound used in movie theater butter. The funny thing about that compound is that it's totally safe to eat, but inhaling it is actually extremely hazardous.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

One of my colleagues is addicted to nicotine and never smoked a cigarette. I didn’t think he was until he got really mad at me because I wouldn’t give him my mint juul pod. 

I enjoy mint flavoured smoking devices (cigarettes, vape machines like Juul) but I don’t care enough to do it without others. I actually forgot to charge my juul so Long it just died from not being used XD. 

I’ll stick to occasionally drinking alcohol when I remember I have it & it’s beer. 

10 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

One of the compounds commonly used in vape juice to make it have that thick viscosity is the same compound used in movie theater butter. The funny thing about that compound is that it's totally safe to eat, but inhaling it is actually extremely hazardous.

ummm tinfoil hat much...you have a higher chance of getting popcorn lung from sniffing fresh popped popcorn then you do vaping......that study was so bulcrap and biased and was paid for by the tobacco corperations

15 hours ago, _VOIDNEXUS_ said:

I mean the addictive component isn't there, so you shouldn't get addicted. Whether you should is a completely different argument that I won't get into, both because I can't claim to know all of the benefits and drawbacks and because I believe that's your choice to make.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

13 minutes ago, circeseye said:

ummm tinfoil hat much...you have a higher chance of getting popcorn lung from sniffing fresh popped popcorn then you do vaping......that study was so bulcrap and biased and was paid for by the tobacco corperations

There is something to be said about the use of diacetyl in some vape juices, but Juul doesn't use it and there are also plenty of boutique e-juice manufacturers who don't as well. You could also mix your own juice and it won't contain diacetyl so long as you don't use flavorings that include it, as flavorings are typically the source of it. That being said, Juul doesn't offer zero-nicotine options so that's not a choice for OP.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

if you don't smoke/aren't trying to quit then what are you doing? 

if you are trying to quit then starting with no nicotine is basically the same as going cold turkey, the point of it is to ween off nicotine slowly

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Sure, you can vape without nicotine but then its pointless unless you like the aroma therapy and blowing huge clouds. Nicotine by itself isn't completely terrible, the problem with cigarettes is inhaling smoke and with vapes well it's not smoke it's vapor. I prefer vaping because I can do it indoors and it gives me a reason to get up from my seat go out for a walk while at work. And the social aspect too.

29 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

dont vape. be wholesome and drink chocolate milk instead. 

it has the same effect as vape by turning you into a big boy, but milk makes shure you actually grow up.

@LukeSavenije can pledge this

and take some wholesome cookies while you're at it

3 hours ago, circeseye said:

Actually there were about 8 different studies lead by Hubb with various researchers that show diacetyl vapors to be harmful, then alongside that there are the studies from the factories where workers mixing the popcorn flavoring have significantly higher reports of impaired lung function (directly from breathing the vapors).  

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/flavorings/exposure.html

By all means wait for absolute evidence if you want, but given the ingredient is vaporized and inhaled directly it would be foolish to assume this is harmless without further investigation. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I used to know a lot of people that did vape even with nicotine and possibly maurjauna in it too.

Some people have also pursuaded me to try vaping, never even did it once, or even held a vape pen or juice for that matter. I would just rather not, i'm not risking my lungs on something that is super experimental and similar to ciggarettes

However, there was this one guy who was super stoned on weed that tried to sell me vape juice and i told him "how am i going to smoke that if i don't have the vape pen?" Of course i wasn't intending on using the vape juice as soon as i got a pen.

Damn....

if you currently smoke - start vaping

if you dont smoke - dont vape.

you can get vape juice without nicotine, but then your just smoking flavor and blowing clouds, which just makes you look like a douche.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

hmm, well I would say that if you don't vape at all and don't smoke at all, don't start vaping or smoking, if you really want to get into vaping without getting addicted THC would be a good option but not a smart option (trust me bro been there done that) I wouldn't recommend vaping or smoking at all (weed occasionally is okay (if your the right age))

(Insert edgy teen quote here)

2 hours ago, Tsuki said:

if you currently smoke - start vaping

if you dont smoke - dont vape.

you can get vape juice without nicotine, but then your just smoking flavor and blowing clouds, which just makes you look like a douche.

I occasionally use a vape without nicotine. The reason being is i like to snack at work (i work security and have a sweet tooth) and a sweet liquid helps sate that urge to munch. I'm not blowing enough clouds to rival London smog, but an occasional vape during my shift helps.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Just now, Noctus said:

I occasionally use a vape without nicotine. The reason being is i like to snack at work (i work security and have a sweet tooth) and a sweet liquid helps sate that urge to munch. I'm not blowing enough clouds to rival London smog, but an occasional vape during my shift helps.

I don’t see how nicotine is addicting, I’ve tried it a few times and it is absolutely horrible tasting and if anything, It made me more addicted to not doing it

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧