Is it cheating if it’s with a clone?

Docretier

Would it be considered cheating if you had an exact genetic clone of your significant other and did stuff with the clone? Or would it be considered ok because it’s technically the same person?

It's cheating.

And they're technically not the same person. They're (theoretically) identical genetically, but they won't share memories, and as a result, personalities.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

7 minutes ago, Docretier said:

Would it be considered cheating if you had an exact genetic clone of your significant other and did stuff with the clone? Or would it be considered ok because it’s technically the same person?

i know its gonna be a stupid analogy but anyway

if you bought 2 cars of the same make and model. same engine, same miles on it same everything

and you wash one of them would the other be clean or would it feel left out and betrayed

identical doesnt mean its the same instance of something. 

maybe and i mean maybe if they shared a mind like telepathy there would be point to make but otherwise id say its cheating the same way a twin sister/brother would be cheating

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Its cheating.

Same situation with identical twins.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

lets ignore how to define a person, by memory by genetics or not. how about legal side of things?

let's say someone thinks you are cheating, but both you and your clone passed all the necessary tests, like polygraph, therefore it's not cheating right? assuming no one in the world knows you have a clone, to outsider it's the same  person from head to toe. there's a phrase called presumption of innocence, if they cant prove it, you are innocent.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

2 hours ago, Docretier said:

Theoretically, a clone is just a perfect identical twin, that happens to be younger than the being it was cloned from.

As a result, I would venture to guess that they are different people, with different memories, an significantly different ages.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

2 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

Theoretically, a clone is just a perfect identical twin, that happens to be younger than the being it was cloned from.

As a result, I would venture to guess that they are different people, with different memories, an significantly different ages.

Significantly different age would be relative to the amount of time in existence, but a perfect genetic clone would mean that from a biological standpoint the clone would function as if it were the age of the original. So is age in this case determined by existing, or by where they are in biological development?

11 minutes ago, Docretier said:

Significantly different age would be relative to the amount of time in existence, but a perfect genetic clone would mean that from a biological standpoint the clone would function as if it were the age of the original. So is age in this case determined by existing, or by where they are in biological development?

So are we talking about IRL cloning or fantasy cloning.

Trivially, if we are in fantasy land, I guess anything you want to be ok is ok.

In the real world, clones start out as babies, no matter the age of the being they were cloned from.

5 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

So are we talking about IRL cloning or fantasy cloning.

Trivially, if we are in fantasy land, I guess anything you want to be ok is ok.

In the real world, clones start out as babies, no matter the age of the being they were cloned from.

Ah, I’m dumb and didn’t consider that they started as babies. Makes sense, but I was unfamiliar with the cloning process 

It's only cheating if your partner doesn't give you permission. They may wish to watch you and their clone, because when human cloning is available that is totally going to be a thing.

3 hours ago, Docretier said:

Ah, I’m dumb and didn’t consider that they started as babies. Makes sense, but I was unfamiliar with the cloning process 

On a basic level it's similar to the test tube baby process.

counterpoint: is it cheating if it's a clone of yourself? (fantasy cloning for this one, they are the exact same as you are now)

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

6 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Do you mean in the sense of literally going and fucking yourself?  

ye

its the age old dilemma 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

A clone is not the same as the original. So yes, it's cheating.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

4 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

It's only cheating if your partner doesn't give you permission

If a game gives you cheat codes, you're still cheating.

Fucking is no different.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

This is the closest you nerds will ever get to sexual activity. Such a shame. End it all off a high bridge but give me your gaming PCs first. ?

Got a computer problem? Update the BIOS! ?

9 hours ago, Docretier said:

Asking for a friend...

Do you consider your wife cloning you and then doing your clone as cheating?

Sudo make me a sandwich