NZXT Launches Shine 3 Mechanical Keyboards

No the there is no mistake in the title, NZXT has announced that it collaborated with Ducky Channel to  create a limited edition NZXT Shine 3 mechanical keyboard with cherry MX red switches (which I guess already writes it off most people's lists here) and with black/red and black/white flavours only as well as all the usual shine 3 features. It will be available exclusively on the NZXT Armory Store for $149.99.

Shine3-BL.jpg

Just to clarify I have no idea whether this is an image of a regular ducky shine 3 or the NZXT since the only difference I can see from a regular one is the blank space bar (no snake or ducky symbol)

Source: http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/nzxt_launches_shine_3_mechanical_keyboards.html

TBH I'm not interested in a Cherry MX red version of the Ducky Shine 3 (besides the fact that I already own the Cherry MX brown version), not to mention that as far as I can see there is nothing really that sets it apart from the regular Shine 3 to make it worth being a limited edition keyboard, but I definitely would like to see Ducky collaborate more with NZXT to better help with distributing their amazing products.

are they wireless or is that just the cables being hidden in the pictures?  

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

are they wireless or is that just the cables being hidden in the pictures?  

They use a detachable mini-usb cable which is hidden in the picture, just like the regular shine 3

Hmm..just realized ducky didn't have a red LED line of Shines.

Hmm..just realized ducky didn't have a red LED line of Shines.

They do, trust me, I own one  :D

Ewww Reds...

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I adore reds o3o

you people don't know what's good D: *shakes fist*

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

They do, trust me, I own one  :D

Then I don't see what's so special about the NZXT shine 3. Is there branding somewhere? o_o

Then I don't see what's so special about the NZXT shine 3. Is there branding somewhere? o_o

I have no idea, feature wise there is nothing, though, which is why I said the same thing in the post.

I adore reds o3o

you people don't know what's good D: *shakes fist*

Reds just wrote it off for me. Never tried reds, though.

I have tried reds and absolutely hated them when doing anything but gaming. Browns are much better while typing and are a great balance while not being too loud, but I do love blues too. It's a personal preference thing.

Reds are the only reason I'm not getting the matching black k70 for my build. And this is no more special to me.

What I'd like to see a review on is the new NZXT case.....fast.....before I buy the R4.

http://youtu.be/HdrgFCQmEcs

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

Reds are the only reason I'm not getting the matching black k70 for my build. And this is no more special to me.

What I'd like to see a review on is the new NZXT case.....fast.....before I buy the R4.

Check out TTL's review, he loved it, gave it the first white gold award he's ever given and I must say it's looking like a really good case if you don't care about optical drives, and that's even before considering the great value for money.

What I really hate is that it only comes in black and red or white and black no pure black or black/white option, which completely kills it for my current set-up.

Looks plain. I like it

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Why no love for red switches guys? :'(

Corsair K65 owner and I love it. I can't imagine using another type of switch.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Why no love for red switches guys? :'(

Corsair K65 owner and I love it. I can't imagine using another type of switch.

Like I said, it's a personal preference thing, have you tried using other switches, though?

Like I said, it's a personal preference thing, have you tried using other switches, though?

Nope this is my first mechanical keyboard. I'll give blues and browns a shot if they're on a keyboard that I like

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

>No Ducky logo on space bar

NO BUY

(Totes jk, but seriously, my Shine II has it. <3)

COMIC SANS

>No Ducky logo on space bar

NO BUY

(Totes jk, but seriously, my Shine II has it. <3)

My shine 3 comes with 2 spacebars, neither is blank! xD.

Unless there's some sort of magic hidden feature they haven't talked about yet I'd assume this is mostly to help them make and distribute them?

So they're not low on stock 99% of the time.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

http://youtu.be/HdrgFCQmEcs

Amen to that. K70 black is awesome, but not as MX Red.

Unless there's some sort of magic hidden feature they haven't talked about yet I'd assume this is mostly to help them make and distribute them?

So they're not low on stock 99% of the time.

I discuss that in my post, in this case it is actually a limited edition so that doesn't make sense but I do hope they work together to improve Ducky's distribution.

I discuss that in my post, in this case it is actually a limited edition so that doesn't make sense but I do hope they work together to improve Ducky's distribution.

I'm looking forward to see if they have something interesting or unique to bring to the table. With the RGB Corsairs coming this year I hope they feel the need to innovate  :P

The all white version looks kind of nice if you are trying to do a white theme build.

I was thinking the same, the black one doesn't look all that different from current Ducky keyboards but the white one with white back light looks great!

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |