Samsung promotes Galaxy Note 9 display on Twitter … while tweeting from an iPhone

Speed Weed

Sources

1) https://9to5mac.com/2018/12/02/samsung-tweets-galaxy-note-9-praise-from-iphone/

2) https://www.slashgear.com/samsung-tweets-from-iphone-to-promote-the-galaxy-note-9-02556566/

Quote from the 1st source

his weekend we have the latest case of a company tweeting advertisements for its products from an iPhone. This time, Samsung tweeted a promotion for the Galaxy Note 9 from “Twitter for iPhone.”

Samsung’s Nigerian Twitter account shared the tweet, which touted the Samsung Galaxy Note 9’s Super AMOLED display. The tweet was first spotted by tech reviewer MKBHD.

Since MKBHD spotted the tweet, Samsung has not only deleted the tweet itself, but also the entire Samsung Nigeria account. It was previously housed at @SamsungMobileNG, but now that account is nowhere to be found.

It seems as if the Nigerian Samsung account is the only one to have made this mistake. The Saudi Samsung account shared a similar tweet earlier this month, also sent from Twitter for iPhone.

Also of note…the iPhone XS Max’s 6.5-inch OLED display has generally been regarded as better than the Galaxy Note 9’s panel, making this tweet all the more awkward.

This certainly isn’t the first time a person or company has tweeted praise for an iPhone competitor while tweeting from iPhone. Most recently, Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot tweeted praise for the from Twitter for iPhone.

A few years back, LG poked fun at the iPhone 6’s ‘Bendgate’ debacle from an iPhone. In 2016, Donald Trump called for a boycott on Apple while tweeting from his iPhone. Accidents happen, but these ‘via Twitter for iPhone’ gaffes are always humorous.

Dta5xa2UUAAbE5-?format=jpg&name=small

It seems like Samsung got lost on their Galaxy Note 9 promotion ?. Whoever employee tweeted this probably got fired because he/she is using an Apple product while working with Samsung. Is this a sign that Samsung respect Apple product????? Using an IPhone to tweet Samsung Galaxy Note 9 promotion.

I mean, Not everyone is gonna want to use what they make/work for xD

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

It's probably someone at an ad/pr agency... Someone who may lose their Samsung account

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

2 minutes ago, Silentprototipe said:

I mean, Not everyone is gonna want to use what they make/work for xD

Definitely not Facebook employee ;D

This has happened a lot. I just think twitter specifically added the feature to troll people. Like for what is the "posted from iphone" useful for?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

This has happened a lot. I just think twitter specifically added the feature to troll people. Like for what is the "posted from iphone" useful for?

It's useful for sometimes if you want to know what device and/or app people use. I'm sure I've seen 'Tweeted via Fenix for Twitter' before, which was pretty cool.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

7 minutes ago, Heesleemer said:

It's probably someone at an ad/pr agency... Someone who may lose their Samsung job

Fixed it for you

6 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

How else would Apple snobs prove that they own an Apple device. 

they didn't learn from Gal Gadot and Huawei...

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Probably someone who is part of Samsung's social media marketing subdivision who just happens to be using an iPhone

It's funny, but hardly newsworthy

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

I like Samsung but yeah this is pretty funny.  Unless maybe there is some weird reverse psychological psy ops going on here in an attempt to manipulate competitors into diving into the dimensional death portal to the planet Mars to slay 1.82 octo-decillion aliens with Clint Eastwood's brother Clyde against the secret resurrected weapon Dill Clinton in the year 2036.

But you know who would do that?

6 hours ago, DVA said:

Fixed it for you

no - I meant account - as in client account. Shouldn't have used jargon. my bad

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

Someone's gonna get fired for this.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

2 hours ago, williamcll said:

Someone's gonna get fired for this.

No one is getting fired for this.

For a start Samsung have apps on iOS so they will need people to actually test them and I highly doubt it is company policy to force what devices an employee can and cannot use.

16 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

How is this news?

It's not.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

18 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

For people to show off I guess 

On 12/4/2018 at 3:45 AM, Origami Cactus said:

I have an iPhone 

- Sent from Safari for iPhone

This wouldn't be so notable if it weren't that Samsung has a chronic problem with people using iPhones even when they're explicitly paid to use Samsung devices.  It's not as if there aren't lots of Galaxy users out there... but the company can't seem to find many who are PR people or celebrities.

That's arguably what happens when you spend your time chasing after short-term market share instead of cultivating long-term loyalty.  Think about it: you may love your Galaxy S9, but do you love it so much that you can't imagine getting Android phones from another brand?  Probably not -- unless you're a really big fan of curved screens and pen input, Samsung doesn't do much to foster devotion.  You could likely jump to an LG V40 or Pixel 3 (depending on your needs) at the drop of a hat and never shed a tear.  Whatever you think of iPhones, many people genuinely enjoy using them specifically and don't have an inclination to switch even if there's something technically better in some regards.