A 2x variants of GTX 1180 16GB is spotted on a Vietnamese seller.

ItsMitch
Just now, AngryBeaver said:

If you have other more important expenses then this card shouldn't even be on your radar. It comes down to living within your means at that point.

Or it comes down to priorities. I mean I could buy a 1500 dollar gpu every 18 months but there are many better thing to spend my money on. Like a house or a car or retirement. I mean the 1080ti is about half the price of 1500 and it is basically the best you can get for gaming. I mean just because you have money doesn't mean you should spend it on dumb things. That's probably the single greatest thing my parents taught me. They had more than enough money to buy me a new car when I turned 16 and give me everything I asked for yet they didn't because it would have been a waste of money. It would also become one of those kids who doesn't quite understand the value of money. 

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

And that's the point, every generation Nvidia are pricing more and more people out of their top tier products. It's one thing to tell people to live within their means but it's another thing entirely when their means are being removed for no reason other than moar profitz.

But everyone doesn't need their top tier products.

I mean lets be honest a 1070 and even more so 1080+ are all overkill for your average person. At 1080p 144 a 1070 can push that most of the time. When it comes to 1440p a 1070 can pull great frames with high settings in the majority of titles. The only time you want to start going higher is when you are rocking either multi-monitor gaming or 4k resolutions.

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

Honestly I had suspected it would be a refresh of sorts. Likely won't see the increase in performance we saw with Pascal or Maxwell as they were big leaps. 

Maxwell was not a big leap imo but pascal was.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

24 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

But everyone doesn't need their top tier products.

I mean lets be honest a 1070 and even more so 1080+ are all overkill for your average person. At 1080p 144 a 1070 can push that most of the time. When it comes to 1440p a 1070 can pull great frames with high settings in the majority of titles. The only time you want to start going higher is when you are rocking either multi-monitor gaming or 4k resolutions.

144 1440 you need a top card if you want to have max settings.  Fortnite doesn't even want to run more than 70fps with maxed settings at 1440 on a Titan X, which is ~ a 1080.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Stuff coming out of nowhere in the jungles of the 'nam.  Sounds familiar

image.png.b4d4de65217d378d347564142ab3f050.png clearly fake but ok

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

4 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

image.png.b4d4de65217d378d347564142ab3f050.png clearly fake but ok

reported the thread a few hours ago to be locked lol

Oh piss off with that title, I was thinking there were two 1180 cores on one card, not two variants of the 1180 -_- damn it I want another great dual GPU card! 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, SC2Mitch said:

1 hour ago, AnonymousGuy said:

144 1440 you need a top card if you want to have max settings.  Fortnite doesn't even want to run more than 70fps with maxed settings at 1440 on a Titan X, which is ~ a 1080.

Well in MOST games you can run ultra settings at 1440p on a 1070 and get more than 70 FPS.

Like I said, most people do not need a top tier card. Most of them don't need anything over a xx60 card, which in general is where the best value is.

2 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

Not sure why you feel the need to keeping quoting yourself over and over. This thread isn't actually breaking any rules.

Just now, AngryBeaver said:

Not sure why you feel the need to keeping quoting yourself over and over. This thread isn't actually breaking any rules.

Because it got proven false maybe? Why keep a thread going when it has zero correct information?