How bad is Weed?

BuckGup
10 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

as long as you are done developing in terms of Brain structure (roughly the age of 22) weed is essentially harmless. Think of it as alcohol except you do not damage your liver. but like alcohol, its not the greatest idea to be drunk or high 24/7. 

The age here is also highly controversial. You can legally drink alcohol from the age of 16 in the UK and most European countries if accompanied with a meal and bought by an adult, and with no restriction from 18.

Yet the USA where you can't legally drink until 21 still has far lower average IQ scores compared to Europe. Most people I knew from school / uni started drinking very early in their teens from around age 12 or so, often with parental permission with no negative impact on their mental development, and they still went all the way up to post graduate education and work. In fact not drinking by the age of 18 in the UK is almost like a huge social faux pas, not that I agree with that part but it would be incredibly difficult to cope with British culture as a young adult and a teetotaler. 

Linus is my fetish.

7 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Not necessarily. Studies have shown that small amounts of regular drinking can actually increase health outcomes over the long term.

Yes, there's also potentially negative outcomes too, but you have to balance the relative vs absolute risk for each outcome. Drinking small amounts regularly, the positive outcomes easily outweigh the negative risks.

With that in mind, if you don't like drinking, don't. And definitely don't binge drink, since that is associated with extremely negative health outcomes.

Wasn't it just wine though?

ƆԀ S₱▓Ɇ▓cs: i7 6ʇɥפᴉƎ00K (4.4ghz), Asus DeLuxe X99A II, GT҉X҉1҉0҉8҉0 Zotac Amp ExTrꍟꎭe),Si6F4Gb D???????r PlatinUm, EVGA G2 Sǝʌǝᘉ5ᙣᙍᖇᓎᙎᗅᖶt, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, 3TB WD Black, 500gb 850 Evo, H100iGeeTeeX, Windows 10, K70 R̸̢̡̭͍͕̱̭̟̩̀̀̃́̃͒̈́̈́͑̑́̆͘͜ͅG̶̦̬͊́B̸͈̝̖͗̈́, G502, HyperX Cloud 2s, Asus MX34. פN∩SW∀S 960 EVO

Just keeping this here as a backup 9̵̨̢̨̧̧̡̧̡̧̡̧̡̡̢̢̡̢̧̡̢̡̡̢̧̛̛̛̛̛̛̱̖͈̠̝̯̹͉̝̞̩̠̹̺̰̺̲̳͈̞̻̜̫̹̱̗̣͙̻̘͎̲̝͙͍͔̯̲̟̞͚̖̘͉̭̰̣͎͕̼̼̜̼͕͎̣͇͓͓͎̼̺̯͈̤̝͖̩̭͍̣̱̞̬̺̯̼̤̲͎̖̠̟͍̘̭͔̟̗̙̗̗̤̦͍̫̬͔̦̳̗̳͔̞̼̝͍̝͈̻͇̭̠͈̳͍̫̮̥̭͍͔͈̠̹̼̬̰͈̤͚̖̯͍͉͖̥̹̺͕̲̥̤̺̹̹̪̺̺̭͕͓̟̳̹͍̖͎̣̫͓͍͈͕̳̹̙̰͉͙̝̜̠̥̝̲̮̬͕̰̹̳͕̰̲̣̯̫̮͙̹̮͙̮̝̣͇̺̺͇̺̺͈̳̜̣̙̻̣̜̻̦͚̹̩͓͚̖͍̥̟͍͎̦͙̫̜͔̭̥͈̬̝̺̩͙͙͉̻̰̬̗̣͖̦͎̥̜̬̹͓͈͙̤̜̗͔̩̖̳̫̑̀̂̽̈́̈́̿͒̿̋̊͌̾̄̄̒̌͐̽̿̊͑̑̆͗̈̎̄͒̑̋͛̑͑̂͑̀͐̀͑̓͊̇͆̿͑͛͛͆́͆̓̿̇̀̓͑͆͂̓̾̏͊̀̇̍̃́̒̎̀̒̄̓̒̐̑̊̏̌̽̓͂͋̓̐̓͊̌͋̀̐̇̌̓̔͊̈̇́̏͒̋͊̓̆̋̈̀̌̔͆͑̈̐̈̍̀̉̋̈́͊̽͂̿͌͊̆̾̉͐̿̓̄̾͑̈́͗͗̂̂́̇͂̀̈́́̽̈́̓̓͂̽̓̀̄͌̐̔̄̄͒͌̈́̅̉͊̂͒̀̈́̌͂̽̀̑̏̽̀͑̐̐͋̀̀͋̓̅͋͗̍́͗̈́̆̏̇͊̌̏̔̑̐̈́͑̎͑͆̏̎́̑̍̏̒̌̊͘͘̚̕̚̕̕̚̕̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅ8̵̨̛̛̛̛̮͍͕̥͉̦̥̱̞̜̫̘̤̖̬͍͇͓̜̻̪̤̣̣̹̑͑̏̈́̐̐́̎͒̔͒̌̑̓̆̓͑̉̈́́͋̌͋͐͛͋̃̍̽̊͗͋͊̂̅͊͑́͋͛̉̏̓͌̾̈́̀͛͊̾͑̌̀̀̌̓̏̑́̄̉̌͂́͛̋͊̄͐͊̈́̀̌̆̎̿̓̔̍̎̀̍̚̕̕͘͘͘̕̚͝͝͠͠͠0̶̡̡̡̢̨̨͕̠̠͉̺̻̯̱̘͇̥͎͖̯͕̖̬̭͔̪̪͎̺̠̤̬̬̤̣̭̣͍̥̱̘̳̣̤͚̭̥͚̦͙̱̦͕̼͖͙͕͇̭͓͉͎̹̣̣͕̜͍͖̳̭͕̼̳̖̩͍͔̱̙̠̝̺̰̦̱̿̄̀͐͜͜ͅͅt̶̡̨̡̨̧̢̧̢̨̧̧̧̧̢̡̨̨̢̨̢̧̢̛̛̛̛̛̠͍̞̮͇̪͉̩̗̗͖̫͉͎͓̮̣̘̫͔̘̬̮̙̯̣͕͓̲̣͓͓̣̹̟͈̱͚̘̼̙̖̖̼̙̜̝͙̣̠̪̲̞̖̠̯̖̠̜̱͉̲̺͙̤̻̦̜͎̙̳̺̭̪̱͓̦̹̺͙̫̖̖̰̣͈͍̜̺̘͕̬̥͇̗̖̺̣̲̫̟̣̜̭̟̱̳̳̖͖͇̹̯̜̹͙̻̥̙͉͕̜͎͕̦͕̱͖͉̜̹̱̦͔͎̲̦͔̖̘̫̻̹̮̗̮̜̰͇̰͔̱͙̞̠͍͉͕̳͍̰̠̗̠̯̜̩͓̭̺̦̲̲͖̯̩̲̣̠͉̦̬͓̠̜̲͍̘͇̳̳͔̼̣͚̙͙͚͕̙̘̣̠͍̟̪̝̲͇͚̦̖͕̰̟̪͖̳̲͉͙̰̭̼̩̟̝̣̝̬̳͎̙̱͒̃̈͊̔͒͗̐̄̌͐͆̍͂̃̈́̾͗̅̐͒̓̆͛̂̾͋̍͂̂̄̇̿̈͌̅̈́̃̾̔̇̇̾̀͊͋̋̌̄͌͆͆̎̓̈́̾̊͊̇̌̔̈́̈́̀̐͊̊̍͑̊̈̓͑̀́̅̀̑̈́̽̃̽͛̇́̐̓̀͆̔̈̀̍̏̆̓̆͒̋́̋̍́̂̉͛̓̓̂̋̎́̒̏̈͋̃̽͆̓̀̔͑̈́̓͌͑̅̽́̐̍̉̑̓̈́͌̋̈́͂̊́͆͂̇̈́̔̃͌̅̈́͌͛̑̐̓̔̈́̀͊͛̐̾͐̔̾̈̃̈̄͑̓̋̇̉̉̚̕̚͘̕̚̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͠ͅͅͅͅͅi̵̢̧̢̧̡̧̢̢̧̢̢̢̡̡̡̧̧̡̡̧̛̛͈̺̲̫͕̞͓̥̖̭̜̫͉̻̗̭̖͔̮̠͇̩̹̱͈̗̭͈̤̠̮͙͇̲͙̰̳̹̲͙̜̟͚͎͓̦̫͚̻̟̰̣̲̺̦̫͓̖̯̝̬͉̯͓͈̫̭̜̱̞̹̪͔̤̜͙͓̗̗̻̟͎͇̺̘̯̲̝̫͚̰̹̫̗̳̣͙̮̱̲͕̺̠͉̫̖̟͖̦͉̟͈̭̣̹̱̖̗̺̘̦̠̯̲͔̘̱̣͙̩̻̰̠͓͙̰̺̠̖̟̗̖͉̞̣̥̝̤̫̫̜͕̻͉̺͚̣̝̥͇̭͎̖̦̙̲͈̲̠̹̼͎͕̩͓̖̥̘̱̜͙̹̝͔̭̣̮̗̞̩̣̬̯̜̻̯̩̮̩̹̻̯̬̖͂̈͂̒̇͗͑̐̌̎̑̽̑̈̈́͑̽́̊͋̿͊͋̅̐̈́͑̇̿̈́̌͌̊̅͂̎͆̏̓͂̈̿̏̃͑̏̓͆̔̋̎̕͘͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅZ̴̧̢̨̢̧̢̢̡̧̢̢̢̨̨̨̡̨̧̢̧̛̛̬̖͈̮̝̭̖͖̗̹̣̼̼̘̘̫̠̭̞͙͔͙̜̠̗̪̠̼̫̻͓̳̟̲̳̻̙̼͇̺͎̘̹̼͔̺̹̬̯̤̮̟͈̭̻͚̣̲͔͙̥͕̣̻̰͈̼̱̺̤̤͉̙̦̩̗͎̞͓̭̞̗͉̳̭̭̺̹̹̮͕̘̪̞̱̥͈̹̳͇̟̹̱̙͚̯̮̳̤͍̪̞̦̳̦͍̲̥̳͇̪̬̰̠͙͕̖̝̫̩̯̱̘͓͎̪͈̤̜͎̱̹̹̱̲̻͎̖̳͚̭̪̦̗̬͍̯̘̣̩̬͖̝̹̣̗̭͖̜͕̼̼̲̭͕͔̩͓̞̝͓͍̗̙̯͔̯̞̝̳̜̜͉̖̩͇̩̘̪̥̱͓̭͎͖̱̙̩̜͎̙͉̟͎͔̝̥͕͍͓̹̮̦̫͚̠̯͓̱͖͔͓̤͉̠͙̋͐̀͌̈́͆̾͆̑̔͂͒̀̊̀͋͑̂͊̅͐̿́̈́̐̀̏̋̃̄͆͒̈́̿̎́́̈̀̀͌̔͋͊̊̉̿͗͊͑̔͐̇͆͛̂̐͊̉̄̈́̄̐͂͂͒͑͗̓͑̓̾̑͋̒͐͑̾͂̎̋̃̽̂̅̇̿̍̈́́̄̍͂͑̏̐̾̎̆̉̾͂̽̈̆̔́͋͗̓̑̕͘̕͘͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͠͠͝ͅo̶̪͆́̀͂̂́̄̅͂̿͛̈́̿͊͗́͘͝t̴̡̨̧̨̧̡̧̨̡̢̧̢̡̨̛̪͈̣̭̺̱̪̹̺̣̬̖̣̻͈̞̙͇̩̻̫͈̝̭̟͎̻̟̻̝̱͔̝̼͍̞̼̣̘̤̯͓͉̖̠̤͔̜̙͚͓̻͓̬͓̻̜̯̱̖̳̱̗̠̝̥̩͓̗̪̙͓̖̠͎̗͎̱̮̯̮͙̩̫̹̹̖͙̙͖̻͈̙̻͇͔̙̣̱͔̜̣̭̱͈͕̠̹͙̹͇̻̼͎͍̥̘͙̘̤̜͎̟͖̹̦̺̤͍̣̼̻̱̲͎̗̹͉͙̪̞̻̹͚̰̻͈͈͊̈́̽̀̎̃̊́̈́̏̃̍̉̇̑̂̇̏̀͊̑̓͛̽͋̈́͆́̊͊̍͌̈́̓͊̌̿̂̾̐͑̓̀́͒̃̋̓͆̇̀͊̆͗̂͑͐̀͗̅̆͘̕͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅḁ̶̢̡̨̧̡̡̨̨̧̨̡̡̢̧̨̡̡̛̛̛͍̱̳͚͕̩͍̺̪̻̫̙͈̬͙̖͙̬͍̬̟̣̝̲̼̜̼̺͎̥̮̝͙̪̘̙̻͖͇͚͙̣̬̖̲̲̥̯̦̗̰̙̗̪̞̗̩̻̪̤̣̜̳̩̦̻͓̞̙͍͙̫̩̹̥͚̻̦̗̰̲̙̫̬̱̺̞̟̻͓̞͚̦̘̝̤͎̤̜̜̥̗̱͈̣̻̰̮̼̙͚͚̠͚̲̤͔̰̭̙̳͍̭͎̙͚͍̟̺͎̝͓̹̰̟͈͈̖̺͙̩̯͔̙̭̟̞̟̼̮̦̜̳͕̞̼͈̜͍̮͕̜͚̝̦̞̥̜̥̗̠̦͇͖̳͈̜̮̣͚̲̟͙̎̈́́͊̔̑̽̅͐͐͆̀͐́̓̅̈͑͑̍̿̏́͆͌̋̌̃̒̽̀̋̀̃̏̌́͂̿̃̎̐͊̒̀̊̅͒̎͆̿̈́̑̐̒̀̈́̓̾͋͆̇̋͒̎̈̄̓̂͊̆͂̈́̒̎͐̇̍̆̋̅̿̔͒̄̇̂̋̈́͆̎̔̇͊̊̈́̔̏͋́̀͂̈́̊͋͂̍̾̓͛̇̔̚͘̚̕̚͘͘̕̕̕̚͘͘̚̕̚̕͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅç̵̧̢̨̢̢̢̧̧̡̨̡̢̧̧̧̨̡̡̨̨̢̢̢̧̨̢̨̢̛̛͉̗̠͇̹̖̝͕͚͎̟̻͓̳̰̻̺̞̣͚̤͙͍͇̗̼͖͔͕͙͖̺͙̖̹̘̘̺͓̜͍̣̰̗̖̺̗̪̘̯̘͚̲͚̲̬̞̹̹͕̭͔̳̘̝̬͉̗̪͉͕̞̫͔̭̭̜͉͔̬̫͙̖̙͚͔͙͚͍̲̘͚̪̗̞̣̞̲͎͔͖̺͍͎̝͎͍̣͍̩̟͈͕̗͉̪̯͉͎͖͍̖͎̖̯̲̘̦̟̭͍͚͓͈͙̬͖̘̱̝̜̘̹̩̝̥̜͎̬͓̬͙͍͇͚̟̫͇̬̲̥̘̞̘̟̘̝̫͈̙̻͇͎̣̪̪̠̲͓͉͙͚̭̪͇̯̠̯̠͖̞̜͓̲͎͇̼̱̦͍͉͈͕͉̗̟̖̗̱̭͚͎̘͓̬͍̱͍̖̯̜̗̹̰̲̩̪͍̞̜̫̩̠͔̻̫͍͇͕̰̰̘͚͈̠̻̮͊̐̿̏̐̀̇̑̐̈͛͑͑̍̑̔̃̈́̓̈́̇̐͑̐̊̆͂̀̏͛̊̔̍̽͗͋̊̍̓̈́̏̅͌̀̽́̑͒͒̓͗̈́̎͌͂̕̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅS̵̡̡̧̧̨̨̡̢̡̡̡̡̧̧̡̧̢̫̯͔̼̲͉͙̱̮̭̗͖̯̤͙̜͚̰̮̝͚̥̜̞̠̤̺̝͇̻̱͙̩̲̺͍̳̤̺̖̝̳̪̻̗̮̪̖̺̹̭͍͇̗̝̱̻̳̝̖̝͎̙͉̞̱̯̙̜͇̯̻̞̱̭̗͉̰̮̞͍̫̺͙͎̙̞̯̟͓͉̹̲͖͎̼̫̩̱͇̲͓̪͉̺̞̻͎̤̥̭̺̘̻̥͇̤̖̰̘̭̳̫̙̤̻͇̪̦̭̱͎̥̟͖͕̣̤̩̟̲̭̹̦̹̣͖̖͒̈́̈́̓͗̈̄͂̈́̅̐̐̿̎̂͗̎̿̕͘͜͜͜͜͝͝ͅͅt̸̡̡̧̧̨̡̢̛̥̥̭͍̗͈̩͕͔͔̞̟͍̭͇̙̺̤͚͎͈͎͕̱͈̦͍͔͓̬͚̗̰̦͓̭̰̭̎̀̂̈́̓̒̈́̈́̂̄̋́̇̂͐͒̋̋̉͐̉̏̇͋̓̈́͐̾͋̒͒͐̊̊̀̄͆̄͆̑͆̇̊̓̚̚̕̚̕͜͠͝͝ͅͅơ̵̡̨̡̡̡̨̛̺͕̼͔̼̪̳͖͓̠̘̘̳̼͚͙͙͚̰͚͚͖̥̦̥̘̖̜̰͔̠͕̦͎̞̮͚͕͍̤̠̦͍̥̝̰̖̳̫̮̪͇̤̱̜͙͔̯͙̙̼͇̹̥̜͈̲̺̝̻̮̬̼̫̞̗̣̪̱͓̺̜̠͇͚͓̳̹̥̳̠͍̫͈̟͈̘̯̬̞͔̝͍͍̥̒̐͗͒͂͆̑̀̿̏́̀͑͗̐́̀̾̓́̌̇̒̈́̌̓͐̃̈́̒̂̀̾͂̊̀̂͐̃̄̓̔̽̒̈́̇̓͌̇̂̆̒̏̊̋͊͛͌̊̇̒̅͌̄̎̔̈́͊́̽̋̈̇̈́́͊̅͂̎̃͌͊͛͂̄̽̈́̿͐̉̽̿́́̉͆̈́̒́̂̾̄̇̌̒̈̅̍̿̐͑̓͊̈́̈̋̈́̉̍̋̊̈̀̈́̾̿̌̀̈́͌̑̍́̋̒̀̂̈́́̾̏̐̅̈̑͗͐̈͂̄̾̄̈́̍̉͑͛͗͋̈́̃̄̊́́͐̀̀̽̇̓̄̓̃͋͋̂̽̔̀̎͌̈́̈́̑̓̔̀̓͐͛͆̿̋͑͛̈́͂̅̋̅͆͗̇́̀̒́̏͒̐̍͂̓͐͐̇̂̉̑̊͑̉̋̍͊̄̀͂̎͒̔͊̃̏̕̚̕̕͘͘͘̚͘̚͘̕͘̚͘̚̚̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅc̴̨̡̢̢̢̡̡̢̛̛̛̻͇̝̣͉͚͎͕̻̦͖̤̖͇̪̩̤̻̭̮̙̰̖̰̳̪̱̹̳̬͖̣͙̼̙̰̻̘͇͚̺̗̩̫̞̳̼̤͔͍͉̟͕̯̺͈̤̰̹̍̋́͆̾̆̊͆͋̀͑͒̄̿̄̀̂͋̊͆́͑̑̽͊̓́̔̽̌͊̄͑͒͐̑͗̿̃̀̓̅́̿͗̈́͌̋̀̏̂͌̓́̇̀͒͋̌̌̅͋͌̆͐̀̔̒͐̊̇̿̽̀̈́̃̒̋̀̈́̃̏̂̊͗̑̊̈̇̀̌͐̈́̉̂̏͊̄͐̈̽͒̏̒̓́̌̓̅́̓̃͐͊͒̄͑̒͌̍̈́̕͘̚͘̕͘̚̕͜͝͠͝͝͝ͅǩ̴̢̢̢̧̨̢̢̢̨̨̨̢̢̢̨̧̨̡̡̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̜̥̩̙͕̮̪̻͈̘̯̼̰̜͚̰͖̬̳͖̣̭̼͔̲͉̭̺͚̺̟͉̝̱̲͎͉̙̥̤͚͙̬̪̜̺͙͍̱̞̭̬̩̖̤̹̤̺̦͈̰̗̰͍͇̱̤̬̬͙̙̲̙̜͖͓̙̟̙̯̪͍̺̥͔͕̝̳̹̻͇̠̣͈̰̦͓͕̩͇͈͇̖͙͍̰̲̤̞͎̟̝̝͈͖͔͖̦̮̗̬̞̞̜̬̠̹̣̣̲̮̞̤̜̤̲̙͔͕̯͔͍̤͕̣͔͙̪̫̝̣̰̬̬̭̞͔̦̟̥̣̻͉͈̮̥̦̮̦͕̤͇̺͆͆̈͗̄̀̌̔̈́̈̉̾̊̐̆̂͛̀̋́̏̀̿͒̓̈́̈́͂̽̾͗͊̋̐̓̓̀̃̊̊͑̓̈̎̇͑̆̂̉̾̾̑͊̉̃́̑͌̀̌̐̅̃̿̆̎̈́̀̒́͛̓̀̊́̋͛͒͊̆̀̃̊͋̋̾̇̒̋͂̏͗͆̂̔́̐̀́͗̅̈̋̂̎̒͊̌̉̈̈́͌̈́̔̾̊̎́͐͒̋̽̽́̾̿̚̕͘͘̚̕̕̕̚̚̕̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅB̸̢̧̨̡̢̧̨̡̡̨̡̨̡̡̡̢̨̢̨̛̛̛̛̛̛͉̞͚̰̭̲͈͎͕͈̦͍͈̮̪̤̻̻͉̫̱͔̞̫̦̰͈̗̯̜̩̪̲̻̖̳͖̦͎͔̮̺̬̬̼̦̠̪̤͙͍͓̜̥̙̖̫̻̜͍̻̙̖̜̹͔̗̪̜̖̼̞̣̠̫͉̯̮̤͈͎̝̪͎͇͙̦̥͙̳̫̰̪̣̱̘̤̭̱͍̦͔̖͎̺̝̰̦̱̣͙̙̤͚̲͔̘̱̜̻͔̥̻͖̭͔̜͉̺͕͙͖̜͉͕̤͚̠̩̮̟͚̗͈͙̟̞̮̬̺̻̞͔̥͉͍̦̤͓̦̻̦̯̟̰̭̝̘̩̖̝͔̳͉̗̖̱̩̩̟͙͙͛̀͐̈́̂̇͛̅̒̉̏̈́̿͐́̏̃̏̓̌̽͐̈́͛̍͗͆͛̋̔̉͂̔̂̓̌͌͋̂͆̉͑̊̎́̈́̈̂͆͑́̃̍̇̿̅̾́́̿̅̾̆̅̈́̈̓͒͌͛̃͆̋͂̏̓̅̀͂̽̂̈̈́̎̾̐͋͑̅̍̈́̑̅̄͆̓̾̈́͐̎̊͐̌̌̓͊̊̔̈́̃͗̓͊͐̌͆̓͗̓̓̾̂̽͊͗́́́̽͊͆͋͊̀̑̿̔͒̏̈́́̏͆̈́͋̒͗͂̄̇̒͐̃͑̅̍͒̎̈́̌̋́̓͂̀̇͛̋͊͆̈́̋́̍̃͒̆̕̚̚̕̕̕͘̕̚̚͘̕͜͜͜͜͝͠͠͝͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅI̵̡̢̧̨̡̢̨̡̡̢̡̧̡̢̢̢̡̢̛̛͕͎͕̩̠̹̩̺̣̳̱͈̻̮̺̟̘̩̻̫͖̟͓̩̜̙͓͇̙̱̭̰̻̫̥̗̠͍͍͚̞̘̫͉̬̫̖̖̦͖͉̖̩̩̖̤̺̥̻̝͈͎̻͓̟̹͍̲͚͙̹̟̟̯͚̳̟͕̮̻̟͈͇̩̝̼̭̯͚͕̬͇̲̲̯̰̖̙̣̝͇̠̞̙͖͎̮̬̳̥̣̺̰͔̳̳̝̩̤̦̳̞̰̩̫̟͚̱̪̘͕̫̼͉̹̹̟̮̱̤̜͚̝̠̤̖̮̯̳͖̗̹̞̜̹̭̿̏͋̒͆̔̄̃̾̓͛̾̌́̅̂͆̔͌͆͋̔̾́̈̇̐̄̑̓̂̾́̄̿̓̅̆͌̉̎̏̄͛̉͆̓̎͒͘̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͠ͅͅƠ̷̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̟̰͔͔͇̲̰̮̘̭̭̖̥̟̘̠̬̺̪͇̲͋͂̅̈́̍͂̽͗̾͒̇̇̒͐̍̽͊́̑̇̑̾̉̓̈̾͒̍̌̅̒̾̈́̆͌̌̾̎̽̐̅̏́̈̔͛̀̋̃͊̒̓͗͒̑͒̃͂̌̄̇̑̇͛̆̾͛̒̇̍̒̓̀̈́̄̐͂̍͊͗̎̔͌͛̂̏̉̊̎͗͊͒̂̈̽̊́̔̊̃͑̈́̑̌̋̓̅̔́́͒̄̈́̈̂͐̈̅̈̓͌̓͊́̆͌̉͐̊̉͛̓̏̓̅̈́͂̉̒̇̉̆̀̍̄̇͆͛̏̉̑̃̓͂́͋̃̆̒͋̓͊̄́̓̕̕̕̚͘͘͘̚̕̚͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͠ͅS̷̢̨̧̢̡̨̢̨̢̨̧̧̨̧͚̱̪͇̱̮̪̮̦̝͖̜͙̘̪̘̟̱͇͎̻̪͚̩͍̠̹̮͚̦̝̤͖̙͔͚̙̺̩̥̻͈̺̦͕͈̹̳̖͓̜͚̜̭͉͇͖̟͔͕̹̯̬͍̱̫̮͓̙͇̗̙̼͚̪͇̦̗̜̼̠͈̩̠͉͉̘̱̯̪̟͕̘͖̝͇̼͕̳̻̜͖̜͇̣̠̹̬̗̝͓̖͚̺̫͛̉̅̐̕͘͜͜͜͜ͅͅͅ.̶̨̢̢̨̢̨̢̛̻͙̜̼̮̝̙̣̘̗̪̜̬̳̫̙̮̣̹̥̲̥͇͈̮̟͉̰̮̪̲̗̳̰̫̙͍̦̘̠̗̥̮̹̤̼̼̩͕͉͕͇͙̯̫̩̦̟̦̹͈͔̱̝͈̤͓̻̟̮̱͖̟̹̝͉̰͊̓̏̇͂̅̀̌͑̿͆̿̿͗̽̌̈́̉̂̀̒̊̿͆̃̄͑͆̃̇͒̀͐̍̅̃̍̈́̃̕͘͜͜͝͠͠z̴̢̢̡̧̢̢̧̢̨̡̨̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̲͚̠̜̮̠̜̞̤̺͈̘͍̻̫͖̣̥̗̙̳͓͙̫̫͖͍͇̬̲̳̭̘̮̤̬̖̼͎̬̯̼̮͔̭̠͎͓̼̖̟͈͓̦̩̦̳̙̮̗̮̩͙͓̮̰̜͎̺̞̝̪͎̯̜͈͇̪̙͎̩͖̭̟͎̲̩͔͓͈͌́̿͐̍̓͗͑̒̈́̎͂̋͂̀͂̑͂͊͆̍͛̄̃͌͗̌́̈̊́́̅͗̉͛͌͋̂̋̇̅̔̇͊͑͆̐̇͊͋̄̈́͆̍̋̏͑̓̈́̏̀͒̂̔̄̅̇̌̀̈́̿̽̋͐̾̆͆͆̈̌̿̈́̎͌̊̓̒͐̾̇̈́̍͛̅͌̽́̏͆̉́̉̓̅́͂͛̄̆͌̈́̇͐̒̿̾͌͊͗̀͑̃̊̓̈̈́̊͒̒̏̿́͑̄̑͋̀̽̀̔̀̎̄͑̌̔́̉̐͛̓̐̅́̒̎̈͆̀̍̾̀͂̄̈́̈́̈́̑̏̈́̐̽̐́̏̂̐̔̓̉̈́͂̕̚̕͘͘̚͘̚̕̚̚̚͘̕̕̕͜͜͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅī̸̧̧̧̡̨̨̢̨̛̛̘͓̼̰̰̮̗̰͚̙̥̣͍̦̺͈̣̻͇̱͔̰͈͓͖͈̻̲̫̪̲͈̜̲̬̖̻̰̦̰͙̤̘̝̦̟͈̭̱̮̠͍̖̲͉̫͔͖͔͈̻̖̝͎̖͕͔̣͈̤̗̱̀̅̃̈́͌̿̏͋̊̇̂̀̀̒̉̄̈́͋͌̽́̈́̓̑̈̀̍͗͜͜͠͠ͅp̴̢̢̧̨̡̡̨̢̨̢̢̢̨̡̛̛͕̩͕̟̫̝͈̖̟̣̲̖̭̙͇̟̗͖͎̹͇̘̰̗̝̹̤̺͉͎̙̝̟͙͚̦͚͖̜̫̰͖̼̤̥̤̹̖͉͚̺̥̮̮̫͖͍̼̰̭̤̲͔̩̯̣͖̻͇̞̳̬͉̣̖̥̣͓̤͔̪̙͎̰̬͚̣̭̞̬͎̼͉͓̮͙͕̗̦̞̥̮̘̻͎̭̼͚͎͈͇̥̗͖̫̮̤̦͙̭͎̝͖̣̰̱̩͎̩͎̘͇̟̠̱̬͈̗͍̦̘̱̰̤̱̘̫̫̮̥͕͉̥̜̯͖̖͍̮̼̲͓̤̮͈̤͓̭̝̟̲̲̳̟̠͉̙̻͕͙̞͔̖͈̱̞͓͔̬̮͎̙̭͎̩̟̖͚̆͐̅͆̿͐̄̓̀̇̂̊̃̂̄̊̀͐̍̌̅͌̆͊̆̓́̄́̃̆͗͊́̓̀͑͐̐̇͐̍́̓̈́̓̑̈̈́̽͂́̑͒͐͋̊͊̇̇̆̑̃̈́̎͛̎̓͊͛̐̾́̀͌̐̈́͛̃̂̈̿̽̇̋̍͒̍͗̈͘̚̚͘̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͠͠͝͝ͅͅͅ☻♥■∞{╚mYÄÜXτ╕○\╚Θº£¥ΘBM@Q05♠{{↨↨▬§¶‼↕◄►☼1♦  wumbo╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ

34 minutes ago, BuckGup said:

Not really:

https://www.eatthis.com/benefits-of-alcohol/

Also I will never agree with or understand anti drug rhetorics, when they lead to medicinal cannabis being seized at airports, and doctors being over ridden even if they needed to prescribe it and it worked:

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/charlotte-caldwells-medicinal-cannabis-oil-for-son-is-confiscated-at-heathrow-11401552

Linus is my fetish.

40 minutes ago, BuckGup said:

If it's the same studies I am thinking of then yes, and it was specifically red wine. But they were very sketchy at best. A lot of it are based on assumptions that resveratrol (which red wine contains) offers several health benefits, but there have been very little evidence that it does.

On top of that, there are several berries (blueberries, cranberries, and some more) as well as grapes that are better sources for resveratrol, without all the side effects of, among other things, alcohol.

Where have been some (again, not really conclusive) studies that drinking moderate amounts of red wine (which is to say, a glass a day and no more) can reduce blood pressure, but that effect has been found in both alcoholic and non-alcoholic red wine.

Just a little warning to anyone reading this thread.

There is a lot of misinformation being spread regarding drugs, from both sides. A lot of people believe in lies they have been told over and over, to the point where they can't accept that the information they so strongly believe in is wrong and will try to rationalize it or deflect evidence contradicting it.

And a lot of people strongly believe in misinformation because they want to feel better about themselves. They want something to be true, or not true.

It's always best to go straight to research papers and look up critique of them. Not to listen to what other people or clickbait articles are saying.

1 hour ago, BuckGup said:

Red wine mostly if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, Bhav said:

Ummm mostly red wine... The others are able to be beneficial other way w/o drinking crap.

I wouldn't trust a site who can't be arsed to quote their sources.

But as mentioned previously, if you don't drink you can get everything threw healthy eating.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

(which is to say, a glass a day and no more)

Subjective to size and weight of a person ;) In situations like this sometimes less is more.

Weed isn't bad if taken in moderation, just like alcohol or other similar substances.

Speaking from experience I think most people should avoid weed until they're into adulthood and have their life in order and are less susceptible to wasting money on addictions. After that - if you've got your stuff in order and are responsible and can do something in moderation - then whatever, it's less likely to give you cancer and organ failure than alcohol.

8 hours ago, avg123 said:

Smoking weed is bad. Smoking anything is bad for your lungs. 

"Studies have shown that small amounts of regular drinking can actually increase health outcomes over the long term."

NO, JUST NO.  People who don't understand studies bring up this point.

1. "But it is healthy in moderate amounts"

No it is not. Alcohol in any quantity is poison to the body. Any quantity.

It is the other anti-oxidants present in wine that is helpful. Not the alcohol itself. Alcohol has no health benefit.

You can get these anti oxidants in other food too. Grapes being one of them. You dont HAVE to drink alcohol to get these benefits.

2. Another stupid thing people say:

"Since the liver can remove alcohol, it means we are meant to drink alcohol"

No we are not. During food digestion, when the food is present in the stomach for hours, the carbohydrates present in food ferments to produce small amount of alcohol.

Even that small amount is so poisonous we have evolved to remove it immediately with our liver. Alcohol is poison to the body.

"Those who consumed 1-2 drinks per day had a reduced risk of coronary heart disease" - note, this is *not* specifically talking about wine.

I am not, and have never, claimed that alcohol is some "cure all", that's goddamn nonsense. But to blatantly claim that there is no benefit to alcohol is just as misleading as claiming it's harmless.

Most of the benefits focus on cardiovascular diseases. There are other potential risks with alcohol besides these benefits.

For example, in women, research showed that each additional drink per day increased the RELATIVE (note: not absolute) risk of breast cancer by 2%. This sounds scary, but relative risk is very misleading, and is overall pretty insignificant. Still something one should take into account though - if, for example, you have a higher than normal risk of breast cancer? Don't drink!

And yes, you might be able to get these same outcomes via other sources, such as grapes. Sure. So what? That doesn't take away the fact that alcoholic beverages consumed in small daily amounts (1-2 drinks per day) seem to have more benefits than risks.

Again, this isn't specifically about wine either (though the video does note when one particular study shows that *red wine* in particular is noted - but all other studies are about alcoholic drinks in general).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Oh man, gateway drugs, people arm-chair doctoring, 420 blazeit LOL all the weed memes are here.

This thread delivered. Probably not an actual answer that OP could use wise but definitely entertainment wise. xD

1 hour ago, Mutoh said:

Oh man, gateway drugs, people arm-chair doctoring, 420 blazeit LOL all the weed memes are here.

This thread delivered. Probably not an actual answer that OP could use wise but definitely entertainment wise. xD

I'm sure their question has been answered, but this topic got derailed when Booze became safe to consume...

Also gateway drugs :D

Like I said self grown or at the very least a strictly controlled growup which no additional chemicals is safer, much like how it is safer to smoke self rolled tobacco vs cigarettes.

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I do like the ending that pointed out if you don't drink don't start.

But I pulled up this video about e-cigs:

Which is a much shorter version of this program somewhat: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07c6ll4

There is also this from CBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2myg-4zkE8

I'm sure there are others but only those 2 I've seen.

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

I do like the ending that pointed out if you don't drink don't start.

Yes, but him saying that is more than likely just a disclaimer so people don't rip his head off and shit down his throat. There's no grounded science that says drinking 1-2 drinks a day is worse than not drinking - overall, considering all risk factors.

It is measurably better in some categories, and measurably worse in other categories. And the absolute risk (the type of risk we should care about most) of the worse outcomes is less than the positive outcomes.

My point being, those claiming that alcohol is nothing but poison and has absolutely no benefits? Science and current research does not agree with this statement.

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

But I pulled up this video about e-cigs:

Which is a much shorter version of this program somewhat: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07c6ll4

There is also this from CBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2myg-4zkE8

I'm sure there are others but only those 2 I've seen.

I don't disagree with anything stated in that video. Aaron Carroll is a fantastic source for grounded science and current research.

Personally, unless I was trying to quit smoking (never was a cigarette smoker), I would never start smoking e-cigs.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

14 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I use a electronic vape/cigpen there's a lot of Vapes and cig pens out there. The stuff that's in it is thc not sure if it's considered oil or resine. It's just a liquid that has a somewhat high viscosity to it. I only use the vape as I don't really care for the smell of weed. Only tried smoking weed that you'd roll into a joint 2 times. Didn't like the burning/burnt particles in my lungs. With a vape you only get the smoke and not little bits of burnt weed in your lungs. It made me cough too much which is why I switched to just vaping.

I bought a G-Pen (dried herb version), and found it to be pretty crap. Used it a few times, and stuck it on a shelf after that. And I wouldn't want to shell out $300+ for a proper Volcano type vape.

The resin/oil version is probably a lot more effective, but it's a lot less convenient to get resin/oil - at least for now.

First, try and call it Cannabis, not pot or weed.

Second, the real truth is it can replace thousands of over the counter and prescription medication, and completely destroy the paper industry.

Welcome to why "weed" is actually illegal across the world.

It's mostly America's fault, as is everything else wrong with the world.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Yes, but him saying that is more than likely just a disclaimer so people don't rip his head off and shit down his throat. There's no grounded science that says drinking 1-2 drinks a day is worse than not drinking - overall, considering all risk factors.

It is measurably better in some categories, and measurably worse in other categories. And the absolute risk (the type of risk we should care about most) of the worse outcomes is less than the positive outcomes.

My point being, those claiming that alcohol is nothing but poison and has absolutely no benefits? Science and current research does not agree with this statement.

I personally wouldn't trust claims from beer, but that's just me. I don't drink at all, when I do it's rare and usually 1 cup of wine at most. I know at the very least wine has some benefits but nothing staggering to cause me to run out and blow $10-35 on a bottle.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

I don't disagree with anything stated in that video. Aaron Carroll is a fantastic source for grounded science and current research.

Personally, unless I was trying to quit smoking (never was a cigarette smoker), I would never start smoking e-cigs.

BBC actually did a decent job running around doing their work, their video was released after his initial video on the subject.

I won't ever smoke anything including e-cigs, but sadly I see more teens vaping or holding them than I've seen 15 years ago while attending school. The youngest I've seen was around 14 years old using a e-cig, not just one but a group.

1 hour ago, VegetaFajita said:

Not exactly true, because with such a claim I can assume you are blaming chinese pollution from massive manufacturing because american wages are too high and have therefore forced most of the world to increase wages as well?

6 minutes ago, VegetaFajita said:

First, try and call it Cannabis, not pot or weed.

Second, the real truth is it can replace thousands of over the counter and prescription medication, and completely destroy the paper industry.

Welcome to why "weed" is actually illegal across the world.

Hemp specifically, can be used quite effectively to replace paper, among many other industrial applications. Cannabis in general can also produce paper, but hemp is specifically optimized for it.

I don't think it could "completely destroy" the paper industry though.

And let's be clear: Cannabis isn't some wonder drug. It has a lot of benefits, and those benefits typically outweigh any risks, but it's not a cure-all. I would definitely question the claim that it would replace "thousands" of medications.

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Hemp specifically, can be used quite effectively to replace paper, among many other industrial applications. Cannabis in general can also produce paper, but hemp is specifically optimized for it.

I don't think it could "completely destroy" the paper industry though.

And let's be clear: Cannabis isn't some wonder drug. It has a lot of benefits, and those benefits typically outweigh any risks, but it's not a cure-all. I would definitely question the claim that it would replace "thousands" of medications.

Yea. The wonderdrug is actually Psilocybin.

1 minute ago, VegetaFajita said:

There is no such thing as a wonder drug. Psilocybin has promising benefits, but again, it's not some magic cure-all.

A few things from my experience:
1. Weed is not a gateway drug, people who say that have little-to-no experience or knowledge on the matter. It's up to an individual whether they decide to go for other drugs, but it's not because of smoking marijuana.
2. If you do it every 6 months, there are literally no "bad" effects because of it besides a temporary high.
3. As for health risks, it's pretty much just as bad as inhaling any smoke, bad for lungs but not gonna kill you, there's nothing particularly bad in it.
4. It can help relieve stress, anxiety etc but it has to be dosed properly, if you're not a regular smoker then too much can actually cause anxiety.
5. Keep in mind this rule: Everything is for people, but "too much of anything can make you sick".
6. It affects your short-term memory shortly after smoking and it affects your long-term one if you smoke on a daily basis. I call it "getting dumber" - it seems like you're getting dumber because you keep forgetting the simplest stuff that you were supposed to remember.
7. Luckily the effects of the point no.6 are not permanent as far as I know, I never knew someone smoking daily (without any breaks) for such a long time that it affected him permanently. It is said (and I noticed that too) that you need at least a weed-free month to reverse that, with 2-3 months being a certain reverse.
8. Contrary to the popular belief, weed is better than alcohol (not talking about beer, beer is not alcohol :P). I can tell you that alcohol ruins people's lives easier, faster and harder than weed. Not even mentioning irreversible health effects on your liver, brain and the rest of the body. It's also more addictive.
9. It's best to smoke at home, in peace etc. That way you're a lot less likely to have side-effects like anxiety if you're not an experienced smoker. It's best to have a friend or two as well.
10. Weed is not addictive physically, meaning that there are no effects like when you stop taking heroin or something like that. You might get addicted mentally, but you can develop such an addiction to anything so it's a tough sell IMO.
11. The kind of weed that you smoke is very important too - Sativa can make you energetic & uplifting, it's generally best for people who have an active lifestyle. Indica, on the other hand, is relaxing & calming and is best suited for those who prefer to sit at home, watch movies or play video games while high.
12. Falling asleep is way easier so if you have trouble doing that, I believe it's not the worst idea to try smoking.

Remember that first and foremost you need to have common sense and be responsible with your actions - if you keep that in mind then you will be fine.

There's a lot more to it, but this is what came to my mind at the moment. As with everything in this world, I will quote Cheryl Cole here:

Too much of anything can make you sick
Even the good can be a curse

Sums it up well.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

There is no such thing as a wonder drug. Psilocybin has promising benefits, but again, it's not some magic cure-all.

No one is saying the term wonder drug besides you m8.

You got some agenda here you're trying to push?
Looks that way.

Just like the post in this thread about cannabis and seizures that I'm sure you'd say is 'fake news'.

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

And yes, you might be able to get these same outcomes via other sources, such as grapes. Sure. So what? That doesn't take away the fact that alcoholic beverages consumed in small daily amounts (1-2 drinks per day) seem to have more benefits than risks.

I see what you're saying there, but my thought is this. You've said that it has more benefit than risk, so it's fine. But the alternative (grapes) provides the same benefit with NO risk, so why intentionally choose the one with risks. Anyone talking about health benefits is missing the point. People drink for fun. It is not healthier than any alternative, and there is no logical reason to consume alcohol. Some one was once trying to get me to go drinking with them and I said I didn't drink. They said why not, I said there's no point and it tastes nasty to me. They said, well there's some drinks that taste like other things like chocolate milk! To which I replied, Then why not just drink chocolate milk?! Why would I spend more and incur the negative health effects just to have something that tastes like something else when I can just have the original. Getting drunk (or high in this conversation) is the only reason. And for me, I'd rather remember the fun I had. As for weed, it's much less harmful to the body than tobacco and alcohol, but my point still remains, why bother? It WILL cause some damage to your body and provide you no benefits, so why?

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

17 minutes ago, VegetaFajita said:

13 minutes ago, VegetaFajita said:

No one is saying the term wonder drug besides you m8.

You got some agenda here you're trying to push?
Looks that way.

Just like the post in this thread about cannabis and seizures that I'm sure you'd say is 'fake news'.

Please see above. You clearly just said Psilocybin is a wonder drug. So, were you lying?

Also, what are you even talking about? Cannabis has many promising benefits. But anyone who thinks it can cure all cancers and every other ailment (and there are a LOT of people who think this) is talking out their ass.

Seizures are one of the things that CBD is known for helping fairly well.

Also, please take that fake news nonsense and leave it elsewhere. If you have some facts, state them.

11 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

I see what you're saying there, but my thought is this. You've said that it has more benefit than risk, so it's fine. But the alternative (grapes) provides the same benefit with NO risk, so why intentionally choose the one with risks. Anyone talking about health benefits is missing the point. People drink for fun. It is not healthier than any alternative, and there is no logical reason to consume alcohol. Some one was once trying to get me to go drinking with them and I said I didn't drink. They said why not, I said there's no point and it tastes nasty to me. They said, well there's some drinks that taste like other things like chocolate milk! To which I replied, Then why not just drink chocolate milk?! Why would I spend more and incur the negative health effects just to have something that tastes like something else when I can just have the original. Getting drunk (or high in this conversation) is the only reason. And for me, I'd rather remember the fun I had. As for weed, it's much less harmful to the body than tobacco and alcohol, but my point still remains, why bother? It WILL cause some damage to your body and provide you no benefits, so why?

You answered your own question:

Why drink beer or wine instead of just eat grapes? Because people drink for fun. It's enjoyable. It tastes good. It gives you a slight buzz (assuming we're not drinking to get drunk here). It has many benefits that grapes don't give you. I'm sure if grapes could get you buzzed, people would eat more grapes.

I have absolutely no problem with people who don't drink. I'd personally detest anyone who tried to pressure you into drinking alcohol. That's your personal choice, and they should fucking respect that.

So, your personal choice not to drink? Kickass. I respect that choice and will defend your right to it.

But please don't try and say there are no benefits to responsible regular drinking, when clearly that's not the case.

Drinking one beer or wine glass per day will NOT "cause damage to your body" - as shown with my links above, the relative risks are extremely low - and it has higher relative benefits and good health outcomes compared to said risks.

So why drink? Because it's enjoyable, and the risks are insignificant if kept responsible. The end. That's it. The research backs me up on this.

EDIT: Also wanted to point out, I've been drunk many times before (though I rarely drink, and hardly get drunk anymore), and I've never had difficulty remembering what I did.

Granted it varies per person, but to get blackout drunk (you don't remember anything), you have to binge drink to seriously dangerous levels. I personally think most people who claim they can't remember, simply choose to forget since they typically say that to cover them doing something they'd otherwise regret doing.

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

The problem is that there are plenty of stoners out there making bs claims about how the oils and pot are this cure to everything, and yes there are plenty of people who are anti-marijuana and oil people for various reasons, making bs claims.  Not many from either side look at the research they're promoting either.

Agreed - this is what pisses me off.

On one side you have the dumbass stoner morons who think making a cannabis tea will cure them of diabetes, and on the other side you've got fear mongering hard-right conservatives (no offense to all moderate, open minded conservatives) who think one single joint is going to turn you into a psychopath and you'll murder babies and puppies.

Seriously folks - there's a middle ground. It's nice in here.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

I get told all the time to try the oils for epilepsy when the study done wasn't even targeting what I have.  e.e "Oh, but the benefits!"  What benefits?  The made up ones?

Yep. Some people I know occasionally share that pseudoscientific BS on Facebook.

Look, yes, there are some things Cannabis is good at, medically speaking. But most of what people share is simply wrong, or at best, has a tenuous link with no solid evidence.

Cannabis should be studied more, though. But that's difficult in the US when it's a schedule 1 narcotic. At least in Canada we're legalizing it at the national level, which will open up research opportunities to a much more significant degree.

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I had a psych teacher trying to convince us it was bad because it reshaped the brain.  The same thing he quoted stated that it also didn't matter because the body adapted to the change, but he didn't want us to know that.

And while studies show that younger brains might be more affected by it, adult brains are generally perfectly adept at adapting to the changes and functioning as normal.

With that in mind, if someone is at higher risk of psychosis or other severe mental illnesses, they should probably avoid Cannabis.

5 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Red wine mostly if I remember correctly.

Ummm mostly red wine... The others are able to be beneficial other way w/o drinking crap.

I wouldn't trust a site who can't be arsed to quote their sources.

But as mentioned previously, if you don't drink you can get everything threw healthy eating.

Subjective to size and weight of a person ;) In situations like this sometimes less is more.

We weren't addressing 'mostly wine', but rather 'just wine'.

Yes beer does have health benefits, in small quantities. 

Healthy eating takes far more effort than most people are willing to put into it to, the point however was that dismissing the idea that small amounts of alcohol are simply and always still bad for you.

Also if youre not going to trust anything without sources, in that case then wheres your legitimate source on why you simply shouldn't start drinking if you already dont, and what are the (valid) reasons not to?

Linus is my fetish.