Show off your old and retro computer parts

Message added by SansVarnic,

When posting with quotes, please be sure to exclude/remove/snip any photos from the quote to help with load times for slower internet connections.

Thank you,

Moderation Team

that video card was the first peice of hardware i ever bought every thing else there was givin to me paid $10 at a computer show. from 2 drunk women at least they acted drunk or high one of those 2. i miss those shows they were fun to walk around in found some interesting stuff there. where i got my stuf for my curent of the time  pentium 2 build but back then i bought random stuff im suprised it worked cuz i had no clue what i was doing. still didnt know what i was doing properly till i found linus videos now i can build a pc the right way next stop figuring out manual overclocks and and why my pc one pc refuses to sleep. the other ones i figured out and sleep like a baby

Welp, time for old stuff.

CPUs:

Ggs5VIe.jpg

My older unused expansion cards:

ljLelvc.jpg

My 386SX-20 laptop:

sLzpLKkl.jpg

T0vusXa.jpg

My 486:

15OJTDUl.jpg

FoBI6SP.jpg

Pentium 75MHz on the left, Pentium MMX 200MHz on the right.

5sgY1ayl.jpg

Pentium 75MHz innards:

0m8RHI0.jpg

Pentium MMX 200MHz innards.

P9pcl6e.jpg

I have a few other old laptops and a Pentium 3 that I might post later.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Dogecoin minig with this as we speak! :D

2006 Dell inspiron 1420, core 2 duo, 2gb ram, running windows 7 (not sure what it shipped with though; probably XP, maybe vista)

this baby has served me well over the years; ive thrown heavy 3D rendering at it, and now im coin mining with it, cant belive it still works!post-8537-0-48952000-1393914398.jpgpost-8537-0-77095900-1393914411_thumb.jp

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

erm.... most of this stuff doesn't fit my definition for retro or old computer parts... but hey Im getting old, so I guess that my definition is not the only valid one anymore. *shrug*

My current most vintage PC (though I want to make older ones)

IMG_0401.JPG

"fuzzy" 386DX-40MHz, with mathco.

all SCSI, all non PnP parts, all (most) era parts.

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

erm.... most of this stuff doesn't fit my definition for retro or old computer parts... but hey Im getting old, so I guess that my definition is not the only valid one anymore. *shrug*

My current most vintage PC (though I want to make older ones)

*snip*

"fuzzy" 386DX-40MHz, with mathco.

all SCSI, all non PnP parts, all (most) era parts.

Nice computer. The AM386DX-40 is quite the CPU for the time. I need to find myself a non laptop 386 lol.

BTW, I don't know if you know this or not, that blue battery on the back of the motherboard, cut that off. Those tend to leak and ruin old motherboards. My 486 got a bit of corrosion on the board from one of those. Typically there is a 4 pin header on motherboards that allow you to connect an external non rechargeable battery.

Nice computer. The AM386DX-40 is quite the CPU for the time. I need to find myself a non laptop 386 lol.

BTW, I don't know if you know this or not, that blue battery on the back of the motherboard, cut that off. Those tend to leak and ruin old motherboards. My 486 got a bit of corrosion on the board from one of those. Typically there is a 4 pin header on motherboards that allow you to connect an external non rechargeable battery.

I was actually a tech when these things were new ^.^ I know all about the NiCD leaking issue - I have vinegar and a toothbrush waiting, but amazingly there is ZERO sign of the thing having issues, at the first sign I will desolder it and put in a diode and 3v stubby lithium battery like the old macs had. :)

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

I was actually a tech when these things were new ^.^ I know all about the NiCD leaking issue - I have vinegar and a toothbrush waiting, but amazingly there is ZERO sign of the thing having issues, at the first sign I will desolder it and put in a diode and 3v stubby lithium battery like the old macs had. :)

Nice, gotta keep them old computer running :P

Dogecoin minig with this as we speak! :D

2006 Dell inspiron 1420, core 2 duo, 2gb ram, running windows 7 (not sure what it shipped with though; probably XP, maybe vista)

this baby has served me well over the years; ive thrown heavy 3D rendering at it, and now im coin mining with it, cant belive it still works!attachicon.gifDell 1420 image 1.jpgattachicon.gifDell 1420 image 2.JPG

core 2 duo is a modern computer, how on earth is that old and retro? 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Lol im waiting for someone to upload a picture of a Betamax. 

That is not a computer part.

true but it's okay as long a it's old or retro

wanht a pic of my top loading vcr then?

wanht a pic of my top loading vcr then?

Nah that doesn't really fit here, maybe there is another topic about that :)

Why am I at college away from my word processor and printer from pre MS-Dos 1.0 :<<<<<<<<<

Nothing to see here, move along

rr4LSph.jpg?1

This beast, and maybe a box of unused 3,5 inc floppys that are totally not floppy

(the box underneath is from an ati 9600 pro, not the geforce 2)

I was waiting to see an old agp card.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

Why am I at college away from my word processor and printer from pre MS-Dos 1.0 :<<<<<<<<<

I dunno ;(

I have an NVIDIA P117 (Dell OEM) that runs through AGP 8x just in case it's ever needed (no desktops in me home).

640MB of DDR RAM in a little baggie...

3 Floppy Disks....

And even though Linus will *probably* hate on me for this, I use VGA for my external laptop monitor.  B)

Hey Everyone! First post. Some of my old school gear. Wanted to post a pic of my old Celeron 300 but I think it ran away after years of being tortured@900d+Mhz. 

20140304_006s.jpg20140304_007s.jpg20140304_009s.jpg

20140304_010s.jpg          20140304_011s.jpg

20140304_012s.jpg

WOOT for COAST module and cel300! boo for not being celeron 300a, no L2 cache, so horribly slow compared to the a.

Hey Everyone! First post. Some of my old school gear. Wanted to post a pic of my old Celeron 300 but I think it ran away after years of being tortured@900d+Mhz. 

Hey there and welcome :) Nice pics! :D

- snip -

Hey Everyone! First post. Some of my old school gear. Wanted to post a pic of my old Celeron 300 but I think it ran away after years of being tortured 900+Mhz.

Nice, a coast module and an AWE32 Value.

Would make a decent computer for sure.

Edited by alpenwasser
thread cleanup

I'm gonna get some pictures of my old laptop up later on, hopefully. :D I get to show off my baby. It's funny how most people just let their old PC's sit around like trophy's, then there's me, who uses them all the time.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I'm gonna get some pictures of my old laptop up later on, hopefully. :D I get to show off my baby. It's funny how most people just let their old PC's sit around like trophy's, then there's me, who uses them all the time.

I would love to see your old laptop :D It will get the respekt it deserves on this topic ;)

I would love to see your old laptop :D It will get the respekt it deserves on this topic ;)

I'm just sad, since it has a stress/old age crack in the corner, and the backlight is finiky for some reason. Still a badass laptop. :)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)