Tacens valeo v 800w

Yzix

Hi guys, just buyed this psu. What do u think about? 

As i know it takes mutch power from wall as pc need. Have some extra pci and so.

Dont haved mutch time for waiting ordered so just took what they had. It have some mudular cables. 10 security. Some warranty. 

that sounds scetch AF and id return it and get a decent thing from a trusted brand, €79 gets you some nice 500-600 W units

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Seems extremely overpriced. It was certified by Plug Load Solutions in 2009, so it's ancient. Return if possible, and do not use for aby system you care about. 

:)

12 minutes ago, Yzix said:

Hi guys, just buyed this psu. What dobu think about? Worth 79€?

As i know it takes mutch power from wall as pc need. Have some extra pci and so.

It's old as @seon123pointed out and I've never heard of the brand. Sounds overpriced as heck to me.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

15 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

It's old as @seon123pointed out and I've never heard of the brand. Sounds overpriced as heck to me.

Well its silver one. And i dont haved any psu for mine new pc so i took something with some power and security. So kinda better then nothing.

24 minutes ago, Yzix said:

Well its silver one. And i dont haved any psu for mine new pc so i took something with some power and security. So kinda better then nothing.

Tbh, the nothing would be better. Better to not use the rest of the PC than to kill it. 

Edited by seon123
Something something

:)

23 minutes ago, Yzix said:

Silver efficiency means nothing.

Don't bother using it. Just return it and spend the same amount of money on a Corsair CX550M.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

12 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Silver efficiency means nothing.

Don't bother using it. Just return it and spend the same amount of money on a Corsair CX550M.

Was ordered corsair cx650m but it didn come at the time.. and i dont have time for waiting..

1 minute ago, Yzix said:

Was ordered corsair cx650m but it didn come at the time.. and i dont have time for waiting..

Well you can completely ignore all of our advice that you asked for, telling you not to bother using that PSU you bought so you can send it back for a full refund and not risk blowing up your system, or you can simply wait and pay less for a better unit.

38 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Well you can completely ignore all of our advice that you asked for, telling you not to bother using that PSU you bought so you can send it back for a full refund and not risk blowing up your system, or you can simply wait and pay less for a better unit.

Like i can refund..

Can buy new psu in 5-6month. Guess till then use https://www.varle.lt/m/maitinimo-blokai/psu-tacens-valeo-v-800w-80-plus-silver-pro-silent--1215299.html says have 100.000 hours life time and "Tacens safest 10 complete electric protection: OCP / OVP / OPP / OTP / OLP / RNE / PFP / UVP / SCP / TCP."

Will work 5-6month fine?

Yeah like everyone else said, overpriced af and I bet those 10 protections are just a 250V 5A fuse, totally not worth 80 euro

I'd ask for a refund then get a RMx or a G3. Or if you're going to use it for a while just don't overload it, stay below 400W and it'll be fine imo

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

28 minutes ago, Yzix said:

Like i can refund..

Yes, if you send it back to the store you bought it from you can get a refund.

11 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Yeah like everyone else said, overpriced af and I bet those 10 protections are just a 250V 5A fuse, totally not worth 80 euro

I'd ask for a refund then get a RMx or a G3. Or if you're going to use it for a while just don't overload it, stay below 400W and it'll be fine imo

So basicly connect motherboard, gpu/ cpu, fans, sdd.. and dont overclock/turbo with extra voltage?

6 hours ago, Yzix said:

So basicly connect motherboard, gpu/ cpu, fans, sdd.. and dont overclock/turbo with extra voltage?

I've been doing a little research on this and apparently there are 2 versions of that PSU, the original one, released between 2009 and 2011 and a second model which is technically 95% a fake, why? it's made by the same company, except the internal circuitry differs from the original model, it's basically a $15 unit, it has no 80Plus, no protections, low wattage and efficiency, they just grabbed a bunch of frames and put chinese 500W boards inside hoping no one noticed, because the regular user would just connect a basic mobo to it and it'd work, like most cheap PSUs

And guess what, there's a link on their site that redirects you to what I'm saying

Here: https://elchapuzasinformatico.com/2013/10/review-tacens-valeo-v/

And there's a comment that goes here: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Tacens.html

Both sites are in Spanish but basically say the brand is a huge scam

@STRMfrmXMN sorry for the mention but this should go to the "Worst PSU Tier List" topic, if there's any.

OP if you're willing to risk components just don't connect a GPU that's more than 100W or a CPU that's over 65W, just an advice.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

9 hours ago, Yzix said:

Hi guys, just buyed this psu.

Jesus, why don't you ask _BEFORE BUYING_ Stuff?

9 hours ago, Yzix said:

What do u think about? 

Its utter garbage.

As is (almost) every Tacens PSU there is because they "overlabel" their units and are very dishonest with that shit.

9 hours ago, Yzix said:

Dont haved mutch time for waiting ordered so just took what they had. It have some mudular cables. 10 security. Some warranty. 

No, it might kill your computer because you don't even know what you've got!
The label is not honest, could be that its just a 300W or a 500W, nobody knows.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, aezakmi said:

I've been doing a little research on this and apparently there are 2 versions of that PSU, the original one, released between 2009 and 2011 and a second model which is technically 95% a fake, why? it's made by the same company, except the internal circuitry differs from the original model, it's basically a $15 unit, it has no 80Plus, no protections, low wattage and efficiency, they just grabbed a bunch of frames and put chinese 500W boards inside hoping no one noticed, because the regular user would just connect a basic mobo to it and it'd work, like most cheap PSUs

And guess what, there's a link on their site that redirects you to what I'm saying

Here: https://elchapuzasinformatico.com/2013/10/review-tacens-valeo-v/

And there's a comment that goes here: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Tacens.html

Both sites are in Spanish but basically say the brand is a huge scam

@STRMfrmXMN sorry for the mention but this should go to the "Worst PSU Tier List" topic, if there's any.

OP if you're willing to risk components just don't connect a GPU that's more than 100W or a CPU that's over 65W, just an advice.

Using gpu 65w and gtx 1050ti gaming x. It should be original one for that price.

51 minutes ago, Yzix said:

Using gpu 65w and gtx 1050ti gaming x. It should be original one for that price.

I don't think the price has shit to do whether it's the crap one or the ultra crap one to be honest, these guys would sell you a box of gravel and call it 80+ gold because there is a chanse there is some gold dust mixed in there they failed to sift out

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

No one sayd anything good about this psu :/