Hamburger Neutrality

mike5906

Umm, what? What does food have to do with net neutrality?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Translating the issue in a more 'real-life' situation. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Why in "Guides and Tutorials"?

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Well a bit late.... Most people here understand it

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

13 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

It's a real-world analogy for a concept that isn't easily understood by a lot of people, and a good one at that.

8 minutes ago, LtStaffel said:

Why in "Guides and Tutorials"?

To teach me how to run an extremely profitable fast food joint!

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

wait a second..... this isnt facebook...

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

The burger on the left is something you can buy from Wendy’s or Burger King while the burger on the right is something you can buy fro McDonald’s. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

This analogy is along the same lines as the whole they'll make me pay to go on netflix argument, its a poor argument based around the assumption net neutrality prevented that but given that the FCC isnt the only alphabet agency involved in this that is simply not true, the slower speeds to specific sites argument is the only realistic one not that speeds weren't already lowered to streaming sites during peak hours even with it.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

44 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

If someone would pay twice to cut the line and the business agree with that, what would prevent them from doing that? If you don't want to wait, just go to another restaurant.

Plain burguer could/should be cheaper, but not much because labour is more expensive than most of ingredients.

Can you have meat burgers on vegan restaurants? Nope. Why don't you force them to serve meat? Same story.

Your problem is lack of competition, not neutrality.

In the US, it's one and the same problem.

Net Neutrality is but one solution to combat the lack of competition.

Why not fix the root cause? Well that would ideally be the better solution, but the root cause can only be fixed by a multi-government, bipartisan cooperative effort, the likes of which the US has never seen before.

You would need to coordinate local, regional, state, and federal governments. You'd need to pass new legislation and bylaws in all of those areas.

Good luck with that. The US can't even agree on good Health Care.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

My first though was 

Is there a huge war about burgers that just ended ? :D

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

1 hour ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

And why both parties are not cooperating? Why don't they reduce regulations and taxes to new companies? Simplify process to lay down infrastructure? It's not that hard to do that, just common sense.

Health care is another problem, which is far worse than this. Public health services are a money sink, with infinite demand of resources caused by tons of people that look for services without really needing them.

The public health services from Brazil (SUS) [5,6] and UK (NHS) [1,2,3,4] suffers from same problems: lot of money spent of unnecessary procedures/exams/medicine, while people who really need care die because of lack of equipments/physicians/medicine. As far as I know, Canada too have problems with their public health services, with waiting times doubling since 1993, with 90% of patients waiting for more than 8 months, in average, for a surgery, plus more and more canadians going to US looking for healthcare.

You do realise that those countries also have private health services.  The waiting times are for elective surgery (not life threatening) and that's the price you pay when it doesn't cost you a cent.   People die in all hospitals regardless of what system you have because that is the nature of human frailty (human error doesn't go away by throwing money at it).  The other serious issue there is that the exact opposite happens with unnecessary surgery/procedures.  In Australia the rate of Cesarean is much higher in private hospitals than public.  This is because the hospital can charge more and can justify it without question.

At the end of the day the problem in the US is that corporations have more sway with government than voters and system is so ingrained that it would almost take a revolution to change anything.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

The US can't even agree on good Health Care.

giphy.gif

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

2 hours ago, Gale said:

giphy.gif

lmfao... I love that movie. It's the perfect kind of over the top.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 hours ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

And why both parties are not cooperating? Why don't they reduce regulations and taxes to new companies? Simplify process to lay down infrastructure? It's not that hard to do that, just common sense.

There is no tax cuts on earth big enough, no simple process cheap enough to reduce the cost of laying fibre and all the work that entails a startup ISP to exist, this is just a fantasy. If this new ISP had to pay no taxes and no planning or consent costs to lay the fibre the cost of labor and supplies would still be too high.

New ISPs coming along with their own infrastructure is an impossible dream, we really need to keep these discussions to things that are realistic and possible.

21 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

what movie is that? looks interesting and my kind of movie

1 minute ago, atrash said:

what movie is that? looks interesting and my kind of movie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equilibrium_(film)

Note, the synopsis contains major spoilers, so if you're actually interested, I'd go in blind.

If you've ever read "Fahrenheit 451", this is basically a ripoff of that, but with shotguns and martial arts xD

21 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

this is basically a ripoff of that, but with shotguns and martial arts xD

So they made it better then :)

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

So they made it better then :)

I actually liked the book... but yeah. If you haven't seen Equillibrium - dear god, go watch it. They "invented" a gun-based martial arts called "Gun Kata". It's equal parts ridiculous and badass.

Just now, dalekphalm said:

I actually liked the book... but yeah. If you haven't seen Equillibrium - dear god, go watch it. They "invented" a gun-based martial arts called "Gun Kata". It's equal parts ridiculous and badass.

I think I have seen it though I don't really remember it. Might have to watch it again, or for the first time.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

I’m embarrassed that I don’t even know that movie ?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside