EA Loses $3.1B in Stock Value in wake of Star Wars Battlefront 2 Loot Box catastrophe

ItsMitch
On 2017-11-29 at 11:04 PM, shermantanker said:

I liked the progression in BF4, gun unlocks for each class, use a gun and earn attachments for said gun. Easy as that. If you wanted they had some cheap crates you could buy to unlock dog tags, camo, and attachments, and you never felt like you needed to buy them.

Yeah pretty much, paytowin is just so bs. 

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

On 2017-11-30 at 7:16 AM, Zando Bob said:

Lol. I hope they learn, and as @Avve1000 said, let DICE (and the other studios under the EA label) do their thing, and stop trying to squeeze money out of it. Do the best you can, and the money will come regardless. Look at the original Battlefront II, it delivered just what people wanted, and still sells copies 12 years after the release. 

Its a beautiful game and its so good its amazing how well done it is. Waaay before its time

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

3 hours ago, ttam said:

I have friends at both Dice studios and EA and you sad internet people are putting negative effects into peoples lives. It's pathetic.

I wuz just following orders is no excuse.

3 hours ago, ttam said:

I have friends at both Dice studios and EA and you sad internet people are putting negative effects into peoples lives. It's pathetic.

I suspect it's more that governments are looking into loot boxes that have caused EA share price to tank. The internet is angry about everything, all of the time, I doubt it had that much effect. EA have never cared what the public thought, why would they start now?

Ypder96.png

do i have to say more than this?

gamers are just throwing a tantrum, eventually they'll get tired and eat the shit. Don't put your hopes on the dumbest demographic out there.

MTs, DLCs, season passes are all here to stay for the long run. EA knows it, 2K knows it, Ubisoft knows it, Warner Bros knows it, Activision knows it, Blizzard knows it, Rockstar knows it.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

Ypder96.png

gamers are just throwing a tantrum, eventually they'll get tired and eat the shit. Don't put your hopes on the dumbest demographic out there.

MTs, DLCs, season passes are all here to stay for the long run. EA knows it, 2K knows it, Ubisoft knows it, Warner Bros knows it, Activision knows it, Blizzard knows it, Rockstar knows it.

Cuphead being second tells me atleast more people are starting to see past the bullshit. I do agree that there are still a lot of uninformed gamers (so called casuals), whales, dolphins and other mammals, who feed into these shitty business practices. Hopefully more and more people wake up.

4 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

Ypder96.png

Aside from Dream Daddy (haven't played nor heard of it), Hat in Time, and The Surge (haven't played, but saw some gameplay), all of those games have more to offer than any of the games released by EA in recent years. 

Since you're highlighting it, presumably to make a point, Shadow of War only needs about 40 hours of work to get the best ending and it really isn't what everyone seems to think it is as most units are acquired while doing side quests and arena battles. You can max out your army by playing the game as normal and capturing every good commander you see (Elite vs normal makes very little difference in the grand scheme) and weighing his pros and cons. 

Cuphead is a very hectic and diverse boss rush game that many have come to enjoy due to its difficulty. Divinity 2 offers nearly 70 hour play-throughs across multiple choices. Total War is Total War; nothing to say. South Park, BDO and Senua's Sacrifice are all great RPG's with great story-telling. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

On 30/11/2017 at 8:34 PM, Misanthrope said:

The going rumor is that they reversed the Battlefront decisions due to pressure from Disney that didn't want them impacting their upcoming release negatively. Since both Disney and EA plan on yearly franchises I think Disney might reassess the risk and at the very least strongly suggest something that's not going to sit well with EA like moving launches to the summer, far away from their winter Star Wars releases.

I can see Disney deciding to just give the franchise to someone else, more willing to put out safe, by the numbers videogames that take little risks and just help promote their movies overall instead of this heavy handed EA tactics.

Let’s hope so. It’s their golden goose, but I can imagine EA dug themselves in like a tic they won’t want to let of the cash cow either. But we’ve nothing to do but wait now, see how it plays out. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

8 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

gamers are just throwing a tantrum, eventually they'll get tired and eat the shit.

:Thinking:

"EA - Extruding Arseholes" - yahtzee

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

In my opinion, they still haven't learned.

https://overclock3d.net/news/software/ea_s_cfo_says_battlefront_ii_avoided_cosmetic_microtransactions_to_stay_faithful_to_the_canon/1

Quite a shame.  I do particularly like the line that some people have more money than they know what to do with.  I might fall in that category, but I rather save and invest than piss it away on aspects that should already be in the game. 

7900X, Asus X670-E ROG Strix , 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000, 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME,  EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 PSU w/ CableMod, Asus Xonar DSX, Lian Li Galahad 360, Hyte Y60, Corsair K70, EVGA Torq X10, (1) Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide, (1) Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P, Logitech G535

Not only did they do it with Battlefront, but Need for Speed and UFC are seeing micro transactions that trash their gameplay. I've been a fan of EA's games, but they've continued to make dumbass decisions again and again. It has to be the heads of the company that are completely out of touch with what their fans want going "how can we make even more money off of our customers?" Disgusting. Lets see how much longer Disney trusts you with making Star Wars games.

All I want is for the Star Wars license to be pulled from EA and put on an open market when anyone able to pitch an idea to Disney, they sign off and agree on royalties splits and all that and we actually start getting good SW games again. EA Has held the license for what 4 years now and Haven't done a god damn thing with it besides slowly ruin its name with EA half-baked games. 

I don't often believe in petitions but got my fingers crossed for this one:

https://www.change.org/p/lucasfilm-revoke-ea-s-star-wars-license

That said Let's leave out the Sports series what was EA's last successful game? curious what people think here :P

On 12/2/2017 at 10:44 PM, ttam said:

Tell your friends to eat some concrete and toughen the hell up.

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

On 2017-12-02 at 3:42 PM, suicidalfranco said:

Ypder96.png

Well their games aint getting better, so the reasons for us to buy their games are running out. They will be forced to do what we want to do. 

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

I have always found EA their decisions quite worrying; SimCity 5 being always-online, Origin being the devil himself, SW Battlefront 2 being being P2W with terrible business practices.

I'm still on my EA boycott. I bought Battlefield 1 when it came out and those where the last € they get out of me.

If a F2P game had P2W elements 2 years ago we all flipped out and didn't even bother to download it.

But when it comes to established franchises we pardon them? Look even though I have some fond & happy memories of the original Star Wars : BattleFront 2 (I posted this on the SW:BF2 Reddit) <- read it for the full story of me and this franchise.

What once was, isn't necessarily around anymore.

We sometimes have to let go of games/franchises we know to save the ones coming up. Mindlessly swallowing it doesn't help.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

4 hours ago, Sfekke said:

I have always found EA their decisions quite worrying; SimCity 5 being always-online, Origin being the devil himself, SW Battlefront 2 being being P2W with terrible business practices.

I'm still on my EA boycott. I bought Battlefield 1 when it came out and those where the last € they get out of me.

If a F2P game had P2W elements 2 years ago we all flipped out and didn't even bother to download it.

But when it comes to established franchises we pardon them? Look even though I have some fond & happy memories of the original Star Wars : BattleFront 2 (I posted this on the SW:BF2 Reddit) <- read it for the full story of me and this franchise.

What once was, isn't necessarily around anymore.

We sometimes have to let go of games/franchises we know to save the ones coming up. Mindlessly swallowing it doesn't help.

good, have you signed the petition? 

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

3 minutes ago, Avve1000 said:

good, have you signed the petition? 

Wait there is a petition?
*clap* Where *clap* do *clap I *clap* sign *clap* *clap*

Would you provide me a URL?

I'll try to get everyone I know to sign it, enough is enough ;)

EA has it coming, boy oh boy.

Edit:

I should open my eyes, signing it next thing after editing my post.

Edited by Sfekke
I should read the previous posts before asking dumb questions, nothing to see here move along!

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

1 minute ago, Sfekke said:

Wait there is a petition?
*clap* Where *clap* do *clap I *clap* sign *clap* *clap*

Would you provide me a URL?

I'll try to get everyone I know to sign it, enough is enough ;)

EA has it coming, boy oh boy.

https://www.change.org/p/lucasfilm-revoke-ea-s-star-wars-license

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

1 minute ago, Avve1000 said:

I already looked at the post prior to yours, managed to overlook it the first time around... I could be blind, and I love it.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

10 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

I already looked at the post prior to yours, managed to overlook it the first time around... I could be blind, and I love it.

Finally we can put a stop to it! Fuck EA they are trash, DICE are such a great game developer but because of EA they have gotten so much bad credit... 

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

1 minute ago, Avve1000 said:

Finally we can put a stop to it! Fuck EA they are trash, DICE are such a great game developer but because of EA they have gotten so much bad credit... 

Well a petition is one thing, but actually getting it through is another.

EA holds a lot of my favorite franchises & developers.

Maxis -> The Sims

I-LOVE-THE-SIMS  (If you remember where that came from you are a trooper)

They did the downgrade trick with The Sims 4, release a game everyone knows with less items then all the previous versions and no innovation.

Hell I prefer the way The Sims 3 emotions are (Personal opinion)

EA just has to face it.

I do not care if we lose those franchises then, they'll continue buying up studio's/developers and eventually break my heart.

The reason games do not try new things is money, and a lot of the money goes to the publishers.

A studio cannot work on a game like they please if the publishers wants it done in six months.

The easiest and only option is to make more assets for a game they made before. It'll still rake in money, everybody happy right? tip: no.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:27 PM, SC2Mitch said:

I'm waiting patiently for an article about EA getting another call from Disney 

Doubt that will happen, I Know Disney don't want bad publicity for their new star wars movie coming up but they have already called and got EA to temp remove Microtransactions. Disney can't exactly say anything else to EA on the matter.

EA has f***** up BIG time yet some of the blame does go to Disney for not watching EA.

FFS EA showed them the Microtransaction system with Skins and that was shot down by Disney because they wanted the Characters to have their Vanilla skins only. Sorry If I was a worker at Disney seeing that build would have raised warning flags even with all the s*** happening with Loot boxes and them being classified as gambling.

As much as I am pissed at EA for this it only affects the ones that think it makes DRASTIC Changes.

People have complained about Battlefield 1 with its Speed ups for Classes, Hello they have been there since Battlefield 3 and no one complained then because the weapons where balanced. you had a chance of killing someone with a starting weapon while they had the last unlocked weapon in that class.

Same with Battlefield 1 you had stuff to boost your class rank but only really gave slight advantage if not nothing. 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

This makes me laugh :

I like them, so EA can take their games and move along.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*