Please help me in this

Doge99

Hi

i have a Antec A30 cooler but the fan has only 3 pin connector than 4 pin connector how should i fix this problem 

On 11/17/2017 at 7:25 AM, AlwaysFSX said:

You put the 3 pin connector on the 4 pin header.

but how

10 minutes ago, xD Power Hole Stick said:

Hi

i have a Antec A30 cooler but the fan has only 3 pin connector than 4 pin connector how should i fix this problem 

The last pin is a signal, they are compatible without issues

By not making double threads and just plugging in the 3 pin cable into the 4 pin connector.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

7 minutes ago, Minibois said:

By not making double threads and just plugging in the 3 pin cable into the 4 pin connector.

i know but i dont know how to delete the last thread

Buy another fan.  You're not going to have PWM control for that one, meaning it'll either be really loud all the time, or it'll be quiet, but you're temps will spike since the fans can't increase when your cpu gets under load.

As for how to plug in the 3 pin cable on the 4 pin header.  They're a notch on the cable head that lines up with a small piece of plastic on the header.  If you're still not sure I'd suggest youtube.

2 minutes ago, JacobFW said:

Buy another fan.  You're not going to have PWM control for that one, meaning it'll either be really loud all the time, or it'll be quiet, but you're temps will spike since the fans can't increase when your cpu gets under load.

As for how to plug in the 3 pin cable on the 4 pin header.  They're a notch on the cable head that lines up with a small piece of plastic on the header.  If you're still not sure I'd suggest youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEiv-l3KiAs

12 minutes ago, xD Power Hole Stick said:

why

(sigh) It was a joke.  I didn't understand why you posted a youtube link as you didn't add a comment of any kind to that post, so I posted a link to a clip about missing context.

So why did you respond to my original post with that youtube link where they test the cooler?

15 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You're seriously asking how? You just plug it in. It's keyed. It goes one way.

Thnaka for detailed photo

20 hours ago, xD Power Hole Stick said:

but how

Just try and see how it goes. Welcome to PC building btw.

20 hours ago, JacobFW said:

What? 3pin are controlled too. With CPU header its always either PWM or DC control. Other headers it may vary.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Just try and see how it goes. Welcome to PC building btw.

What? 3pin are controlled too. With CPU header its always either PWM or DC control. Other headers it may vary.

i am watching pc building for 4 years

and i installed wrong re-install it works but i install wrong i think

should i inverted the cooler?

IMG_20171118_193504.jpg

33 minutes ago, xD Power Hole Stick said:

i am watching pc building for 4 years

and i installed wrong re-install it works but i install wrong i think

should i inverted the cooler?

IMG_20171118_193504.jpg

Could you rephrase that? Also pic doesn't show anything I could comment on.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Could you rephrase that? Also pic doesn't show anything I could comment on.

the fan is on the left side facing to the exhaust fan should i rotate the cooler to 180 degree/inverted the cooler?

39 minutes ago, xD Power Hole Stick said:

the fan is on the left side facing to the exhaust fan should i rotate the cooler to 180 degree/inverted the cooler?

That doesn't matter. What does matter that both of those fans are moving air to same direction. Like this

350x700px-LL-96008a5b_fan.jpeg

Having cooler between two fans would give bit better temps.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Not all motherboards allow DC control, and it can't take the RPM's as low as PWM.  Most of the motherboards I've worked with have a hard limit of 5 or 6 volts, since most fans have a starting voltage somewhere near that range. 

He doesn't have too, but it's probably just a good rule of thumb to start off using PWM fans for the CPU cooler until he has more time to toy around with the different kinds.

Just now, JacobFW said:

Not all motherboards allow DC control, and it can't take the RPM's as low as PWM.  Most of the motherboards I've worked with have a hard limit of 5 or 6 volts, since most fans have a starting voltage somewhere near that range. 

He doesn't have too, but it's probably just a good rule of thumb to start off using PWM fans for the CPU cooler until he has more time to toy around with the different kinds.

Thats true. But why would you say that using 3pin either has CPU running hot or fans being 100% all the time? CPU headers have had DC control for past 10 years. Saying that you can't control 3pin on CPU header is just not true.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thats true. But why would you say that using 3pin either has CPU running hot or fans being 100% all the time? CPU headers have had DC control for past 10 years. Saying that you can't control 3pin on CPU header is just not true.

To be clear, I did originally say he would not have "PWM control"

But you're right though.  It's not an either/or scenario, and it will depend upon his specific system and how loud and how well the fan performs.  I don't have experience with his system so I can't say, so I was just trying to give generic advice.