Ryzen Cheap AF 1700 and 1600

hooooooooooooly crap this nearly changed my mind about going Skylake or Coffee Lake..

until that little bit of me that remains sensible pointed out that the sale likely will not last long enough that I can actually afford to grab one of these..

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

hooooooooooooly crap this nearly changed my mind about going Skylake or Coffee Lake..

until that little bit of me that remains sensible pointed out that the sale likely will not last long enough that I can actually afford to grab one of these..

Well I payed what like 200 for a 1600 - it was like the best price/performance then. Then the 8400 came around. Then they drop prices by like what 30%. This is a win win and if it stays you might see an intel price drop. Can anyone confirm there is a drop in the US aswell? on like amazon

subscribe to pewdiepie

This was expected also AMD will launch their 2nd gen Ryzen processors. An interesting time finally their is some competition. I guess Intel will still be king of gaming but they have to lower their price. I like this current developments. 

I think ryzen 2 is being launched in January or February I think, so yea this might be them starting to clear their inventory for that, that being said this is a tad early for them to be doing that, but it might be a move so they can still compete with intel between and ryzen 2s launch

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

Update - the 1700 price has went up but the 1700x remains low

subscribe to pewdiepie

This is for European countries though... :( I was hoping it was US pricing.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Was lucky or unlucky? To get a 1700 with the box cooler for only $233. (Amazon WearehouseDeals for $258 that had a bent pin - which I unbent after contacting amazon, so they also gave me a 10% gift off the price I paid). So I more or less paid the same amount as my original 4690k back in 2015. *PROFIT*!

Not totally bragging, but it is possible to get a good deal, though risky.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

Ebuyer - pretty much the biggest UK parts dealer, on par with Scan, apart from amazon. Just discontinued these products.....

subscribe to pewdiepie

On 11/5/2017 at 8:04 AM, Merp83 said:

Well I payed what like 200 for a 1600 - it was like the best price/performance then. Then the 8400 came around. Then they drop prices by like what 30%. This is a win win and if it stays you might see an intel price drop. Can anyone confirm there is a drop in the US aswell? on like amazon

In the states the prices dropped within like the first two months :) $300 usd is normal for a 1700, most ryzen here sell for $20 or $30 under MSRP from what I have seen. Actually I bought my 1700 right around when the 1600 was coming out and only paid $299 :) (all usd of course) 

19 hours ago, mromutt said:

In the states the prices dropped within like the first two months :) $300 usd is normal for a 1700, most ryzen here sell for $20 or $30 under MSRP from what I have seen. Actually I bought my 1700 right around when the 1600 was coming out and only paid $299 :) (all usd of course) 

this was a little mistake or something - the 1700 was under 245 dollars..

subscribe to pewdiepie

5 hours ago, Merp83 said:

this was a little mistake or something - the 1700 was under 245 dollars..

I have seen some 1700s on sale around that but normally you will see more in the $270 range on a sale. They seem to be selling like crazy, a lot of places are having trouble keeping either the cpus or the motherboards in stock. :) 

On 11/5/2017 at 12:38 PM, Orangeator said:

This is for European countries though... :( I was hoping it was US pricing.

micro center has better deal in US ($170 for 1600, $250 for 1700)

http://www.microcenter.com/category/4294966995,4294965455/AMD-Processors

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried