Tumblr Launches Social App ‘Cabana’ That Lets You Watch YouTube With Friends

NTDaws

Cabana is a feature where you can basically watch YouTube videos with friends, basically it's more of a chat where anyone can browse through YouTube and you can pick a video to watch, whether it's PewDiePie or Biebs or maybe Keemstar and SSSniperWolf I don't know I haven't used it yet, though I am planning too. Besides that, instead of having to go to someone's house to watch a YouTube video, you can do this. Basically I would use it if I was on vacation and I wanted to talk and watch YouTube with my friend. Quite a interesting app.

Here's how it works: after joining a chat in Cabana, anyone can browse through YouTube and pick a video to watch. The video will begin playing for every participant of the chat; hilarity ensues. The point is to make video-watching more social, and more of a communal experience.

A little image:

Spoiler

cabana.png

Original Article from TechTimes

The geek himself.

Just now, Spork829 said:

Is it just me or will no one use this?

Might be you because I would totally use this lol.

The geek himself.

I can use this to share my shit anime memes right?

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, Being Delirious said:

Might be you because I would totally use this lol.

Maybe, I guess that's because I already do this and just use Discord, which usually I'm already chatting on anyways when I'm at my computer. But I still think it will probably die, just because even if people use it occasionally, it's too specific and won't be used often enough. A social media platform needs to keep users coming back frequently and consistently. If an existing mobile SM like Snapchat integrated this it would be a big success, but I don't see something this specialized working out as its own network.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

14 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

Is it just me or will no one use this?

well oftentimes I skype with my friend from another state, and when I want to show him a funny youtube video, we basically decide to both start is at a certain time (basically the next time the clock changes minutes) so we can both see eachother's reactions and stuff.

I would absolutely use this if it were made properly (no blocky compression, good sound quality, etc.)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

well oftentimes I skype with my friend from another state, and when I want to show him a funny youtube video, we basically decide to both start is at a certain time (basically the next time the clock changes minutes) so we can both see eachother's reactions and stuff.

I would absolutely use this if it were made properly (no blocky compression, good sound quality, etc.)

Why wait for the clock? I usually just start at the beginning and say 3, 2, 1, everyone clicks play. Idk I guess it doesn't provide enough extra convenience to warrant making an account and everything IMO. 

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

5 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

Why wait for the clock? I usually just start at the beginning and say 3, 2, 1, everyone clicks play. Idk I guess it doesn't provide enough extra convenience to warrant making an account and everything IMO. 

because there's a few seconds of lag in skype. especially on a phone where I use it.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Great! Now you & your oppressed friends can collectively decide which oppressive videos to watch & hang around like vultures

Details separate people.

Wow... Soon people will stop moving their asses from their room. That's why so many people these days is getting social anxiety...  

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

3 hours ago, Marine_Boy said:

That's why so many people these days is getting social anxiety...  

[citation needed] :P 

3 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

This would be so much more useful if it worked with netflix

ryan-point-agree-the-office.gif

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

back in my tinychat days this was really popular, as everyone is just chatting along, and the mods have a playlist of youtube videos for the room to watch/listen along to, and normal users could post links for mods to add to the playlist.

like with the mainroom i was in (/soctrap/) we used to spend nights watching films which we found on youtube or uploaded ourselves, and now that tumblr has built in IMs this could be really popular.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

9 hours ago, Marine_Boy said:

That's why so many people these days is getting social anxiety...  

But inviting friends over is painful and costly, in terms of time and Doritos spent. We prefer to be productive, like shitting on memes 24/7. This site allow us to savour our Doritos and memes more. 

/s

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

This was already a thing... Tumblr isn't making anything new. I watched a couple SAO Abridged episiodes with one of my friends.

This was defently already a thing.

www.watch2gether.com has been around for years.

On 4/20/2017 at 0:50 PM, tlink said:

[citation needed] :P 

"That's why so many people these days is getting social anxiety...There you go xD 

I know it by experience ;) Long story short, I didn't go out much always using my computer and later smartphone to contact people and do some other shit. After some time it turn out that I have a problem with public places, talking to people and with all related to it. And the problem wasn't there before I started to abuse the power of online communication where with a few clicks you can order anything or talk to anyone. Fortunately enough, it's (mostly) gone now :) 

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

10 minutes ago, Marine_Boy said:

"That's why so many people these days is getting social anxiety...There you go xD 

I know it by experience ;) Long story short, I didn't go out much always using my computer and later smartphone to contact people and do some other shit. After some time it turn out that I have a problem with public places, talking to people and with all related to it. And the problem wasn't there before I started to abuse the power of online communication where with a few clicks you can order anything or talk to anyone. Fortunately enough, it's (mostly) gone now :) 

Glad to hear its mostly gone now :), I agree that that's the dark side of it. The light side would be that people suffering from mental illness can get empowered instead of shrivvel away completely isolated.

15 hours ago, Lach1230 said:

This was defently already a thing.

www.watch2gether.com has been around for years.

Just like Rabb.it has been around as well. I've never used your website but I know Rabbit has a modified version  of Firefox in side of it with an ad-blocker along with mic and webcam support.

now they need this for crunchyroil so i can watch anime together with my friends

15 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

now they need this for crunchyroil so i can watch anime together with my friends

Crunchyroll works on Rabbit.It along with every other video streaming website since it is a full fledged browser inside browser so you and your friends can all see whatever you want!

On 20.4.2017 at 7:56 AM, huilun02 said:

Will someone watch with me?

yes