Leaked info of AMD Vega, and HDR, and physics engine, and ambient occlusion and..

ATI RAGE IS BACK BABY !!!

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

kek. AMD get played so hard they done it to themselves. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I do not believe these are legit. Raja literally said the card is called RX Vega

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

giphy.gif

If this is real...

Shit!

I have a intel xeon cpu and a 1070 i hope this makes you salty.

Doubt this is real, that Vega card render look too crappy with jaggies and shits. :P 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 minute ago, xAcid9 said:

Doubt this is real, that Vega card render look too crappy with jaggies and shits. :P 

True.. but AMD marketing has always been bad. :D

7 hours ago, mvitkun said:

OP forgot the last slide.

amd-deckfix3-08.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

7 hours ago, Hawx said:

It's funny because that meaningless "2x faster" graph seems like something that AMD would actually show in a presentation. 

Bildergebnis für nvidia 1050 reveal

Unbenannt.PNG.85d353a623360538bf47f8a9b0a85d35.PNG

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

24 minutes ago, Aphexxis said:

True.. but AMD marketing has always been bad. :D

There is one very notable exception to this I believe we should all acknowledge.

If this is true that's amazing. 1600 MHz base... that would be REALLY helpful for performance. And the Rage naming... I LOVE IT!!!

But at the same time they seem a little far out, considering Polaris cards could only OC to around 1.48 ghz MAX on air. AMD would have had to make some HUGE changes to the scheduler and pipeline and whatnot.

I'll stay hopeful but it seems a bit... Too far...

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

@Notional maybe you should edit and include the last slide? Unless you're pulling an April fools as well...

IMO though, this wccf article could become bad for AMD... Dumb people get hyped, and they hype train crashes when vega launches.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

3 hours ago, agent_x007 said:

Well, duh.
It must work better since they get to HBM 2.0 :D

My problem is with suddenly calling it "cache", when VRAM was simply off-die cache from the begining. Pentium 3's off-die cache was still called cache.

Look at this (memory levels Vega vs. other GPU) :
Vega GPU => On-Die cache => HBM/"NVRAM"/System memory/Network (HBCC is just a controler, NOT a memory pool).
Other GPU => On-Die cache => VRAM => System memory.
For comparison :
CPU (registers) => Cache L1 => L2 => L3 => L4 => System memory

So Vega can use one pool of memory for all physical memory available.
It still has to obey what bandwidth is available to each type of memory.
If HBM 2.0 is out of memory it should go to next fastest memory available : System memory (just like any other GPU would).
BTW, "NVRAM" is non-volatile RAM.

What makes HBM 2.0 a "Cache" and not simple VRAM ?

Its AMD's (admittedly better version due to the HBM2) of this BS: http://www.nvidia.com/page/turbocache.html

And this was the performance difference back then between the GPU without Turbocache, and with it (Tl;DR performance suffered, and at times by around 50%)

Without TC: http://techreport.com/review/7447/nvidia-geforce-6200-graphics-processor/4

With TC: http://techreport.com/review/7741/nvidia-geforce-6200-with-turbocache/7

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Seems fake. No news outlets are running the story and it's 9 am on the east coast now. And from what I can tell it's EDT and not EST this time of year, so...

since i started following tech April fools is a real pain :)

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

15 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Hey you know what's funny? The fact that the Rage X2 silhouette has the PCIe slot finger too far from the bracket.

Lol lmao.

14 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Seems fake. No news outlets are running the story and it's 9 am on the east coast now. And from what I can tell it's EDT and not EST this time of year, so...

It is. Look at the last slide in the wccf article itself.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Seems to good to be true. And since its April Fools. Why would they release it on that day. If they want people to think its fake? 

Didnt AMD say it will be called VEGA and not Rage. Seems dodgy to me lol

9 minutes ago, IceCold008 said:

Seems to good to be true. And since its April Fools. Why would they release it on that day. If they want people to think its fake? 

Didnt AMD say it will be called VEGA and not Rage. Seems dodgy to me lol

its a fake look at the slide where they show the gpu dies, none of them is a vega die, the one with hbm is the fury x

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

Its AMD's (admittedly better version due to the HBM2) of this BS: http://www.nvidia.com/page/turbocache.html

And this was the performance difference back then between the GPU without Turbocache, and with it (Tl;DR performance suffered, and at times by around 50%)

Without TC: http://techreport.com/review/7447/nvidia-geforce-6200-graphics-processor/4

With TC: http://techreport.com/review/7741/nvidia-geforce-6200-with-turbocache/7

No, it's not.
Turbo Cache was made for slowest cards that have 64-bit memory bus, so that NV can make them... 32-bit with minimum ammount of onboard VRAM (ie. cheapest possible). 
While utilising PCI-e 1.x x16 bandwidth to "even out" the performance difference between them on 64-bit "normal" versions (since NB's back in those days had PCI-e build-in along side Dual Channel memory, it was thought as a "good idea" - results can be seen in those tests).
I think that tech is responsible for "moar GB = better" race in slowest cards (since, in theory, TC cards can have multiple GB of "VRAM", provided from system RAM [marketing guys went "nutz"]).

HBCC to me, is more like hardware "spin-off" on software/hardware thing we have now - virtual memory.
They basicly made a controller that is (somehow) linked to all other memory types present in system and uses them more efficiently because of that (at least that's how this slide make it look like : LINK).
I do not know if it uses them at the same time (which would be interesting indeed).

PS. ATI's version of Turbo Cache is called Hyper Memory :) (LINK)

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

9 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

1) today is april fools

2) Unlike Intel Nvidia isn't sitting around doing nothing, and even Ryzen didn't meet hype numbers so.......why would I believe this?

Pretty sure Ryzen did better than everyone thought they actually would have. Even though I still hold my own criticisms about it, they did not fail.

Sell you Titan X and 1080Ti - should I lol now or when Vega is released? :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

1 hour ago, Kloaked said:

Pretty sure Ryzen did better than everyone thought they actually would have. Even though I still hold my own criticisms about it, they did not fail.

It didn't reach the hype numbers people kept reporting on, it wins in multithreaded performance numbers against a 4/8 i7 which is expected and has little in terms of OC head room so, its not a bust but only due to competitive pricing and intel doing literally nothing for the past 4 or 5 years, overall its meh

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

6 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

If they even make it to the 5th this year I will be surprised.

They made it to 2nd last year though