Leaked info of AMD Vega, and HDR, and physics engine, and ambient occlusion and..

So WCCFtech (yeah yeah I know, but they have pics ok?) has gotten a hold of some leaks about VEGA and new AMD software API coming soontm

VEGA GPU's:

Well let's just get VEGA out of the way first, because damn!

Sell Your Titan X & 1080 TI

That’s right folks.  If our sources are correct, you’re holding onto some underwhelming mid-range graphics cards that will be completely decimated by AMD’s newest architecture (at least according to the leaked slides).  I am personally blown away by this new info.  It’s simply unbelievable that AMD managed to spank NVIDIA so hard, with a much smaller R&D budget.  Mind you, we should wait for third party reviews, but the spread this slide suggests is just massive!  Check out this glorious slide featuring Vega completely decimating the competition.

amd-deck-01.jpg

Now, the interesting part here, is of course what the green bars actually represent. Is it 1080, 1080ti, TitanXP? What clock rates, and so on. These are GPU vendor benchmarks, so they are probably cherry picked, and not all that useful.

Now for the card itself:

amd-deck-03-840x472.jpg

Yes, this is apparently the new VEGA, and based on the size, it seems to be a CWC based cooler like Fury X. Which is further backed up by a great outlined overview of the VEGA series:

amd-deckfix2-07-840x473.jpg

Based on this we will have:

• RAGE (sweet call back to the old ATI RAGE there), which is the standard cut down card
  • RAGE X, which looks like RAGE but with twice the HBM2.
  • RAGE X Fury, which looks like the old Fury X card with a built in CWC, and uncut.
  • RAGE X2 Fury, which is basically Pro 2 duo with Vega/HBM2, dang.

Those clock rates looks very interesting indeed, and the shroud of the card looks great, and like brushed aluminium.

As for HBM2, certain people on this forum has complained that these cards will only have 4-8GB of HBM2, stating that the 4GB on Fury X was insufficient. That I agree with, but that was due to the implementation of HBM. In Vega, HBM is being utilized as a cache, and not as regular VRAM. That is a cache that can draw from a up to 512TB of data, spread over system ram, drives, discs, networks, etc. As a result, VEGA can make due with a lot less VRAM than usual, meaning 4GB of HBM2 according to AMD, will perform better than 1080ti's 11GB of GDDR5x:

amd-deck-02.jpg

Based on this info being released now, I think we will see a launch here in April as well.

Software API:

Now the leak also includes info about AMD software API. Although there are no details about them yet, we can try and extrapolate from common knowledge.

amd-deckfix1-04.jpg

Spectrum:

With the upcoming implementation of HDR in video gaming and pc platform, we will start to see games and software using a wider colour gamut. Spectrum is obviously the name of software API, that will control this. Whether it's just a way to show a wider colour gamut, or if it's actually something that can convert a standard colour gamut, into a wider colour gamut (for older games), is yet to be seen. However it would be awesome, as everything would run on correct wide colour gamut profiles on the monitor as it should.

Gravity:

So sadly after Microsoft bought up the brilliant physics engine Havok, we really have not seen any development of it. As a result, almost all games today uses NVidia's PhysX. And because almost no devs today actually uses the proprietary GPU specific implementation anymore, PhysX tends to run equally well on all systems. Nevertheless, more options will only drive technologies forward, and as such, AMD's new Gravity engive (apparently used in Prey?) is a welcomed addition. As with PhysX, I of course hope, it's NOT a vendor specific tech, that only works on one brand of GPU's. I look forward to see more about this.

HDAO2:

As with PhysX, the de facto high end ambient occlusion used today, is NVidia's proprietary black boxed HBAO+. And as we know, it looks quite good, but is extremely taxing on all games that utilizes it. Whether NVidia still has a leg up on this tech is hard to say, but a more efficient and good looking ambient occlusion is very welcomed. I don't know if HDAO2 is AMD specific or open to be used as an industry standard. Let's hope for the latter.

Source: http://wccftech.com/vega-teaser-slides-leak-nda/

My opinion:

Looks like things are finally starting to move along, and we might actually see this damn card BEFORE may! Of course the benchmarks needs to be taken with a mountain of salt; after all, there's not even any numbers with them, nor hardware details. None the less, AMD seems confident, that big vega will compete just fine with a 1080TI! I certainly hope so. Like many others, I'm tired of overpriced high end NVidia GPU's, and a generally poor competitive market. Let's hope for the best, as competition is always a benefit for the consumer.

Or you know, april's fool

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

if this is real dam 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Well, in the slides it says "UNDER NDA UNTIL APRIL 1ST, 2017, 9AM EST", so it's either fake or totally official, since it is currently 12:36 AM EST on Saturday, April 1st.

EDIT: I just realized it would be April Fools Day, and the second picture with the picture of the card looks kinda off, with some weird aliasing that probably wouldn't exist on a real photo, so yeah...

1) today is april fools

2) Unlike Intel Nvidia isn't sitting around doing nothing, and even Ryzen didn't meet hype numbers so.......why would I believe this?

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

I think I may need one of these to navigate this article.

Nah just one of these

2016-april-calendar.gif

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, ExplodingTNT said:

Well, in the slides it says "UNDER NDA UNTIL APRIL 1ST, 2017, 9AM EST", so it's either fake or totally official, since it is currently 12:36 AM EST on Saturday, April 1st.

If AMD did a nda lift on april fools they could officially be considered retarded because no one would believe anything said........even more than usual xD

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

4 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

If AMD did a nda lift on april fools they could officially be considered retarded because no one would believe anything said........even more than usual xD

Well they would get more press coverage and spark more debate...

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

1 minute ago, Rika Shiguma said:

PLEAAASE BE REAL OMG xD

Sorry to burst your bubble bro, but... it's not

Desktop:

Laptop:

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Sorry to burst your bubble bro, but... it's not

proofo now fgop boprpprprooof now 

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

1 minute ago, Rika Shiguma said:

PLEAAASE BE REAL OMG xD

#AprilFools

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I don't think this is real, both because of the date and because AMD already confirmed the cards will be called RX Vega, not Rage (probably)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

7 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

proofo now fgop boprpprprooof now 

acnih18ru2ytbhp9_v4_.png

Desktop:

Laptop:

It's funny because that meaningless "2x faster" graph seems like something that AMD would actually show in a presentation. 

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:
  1. April 1st
  2. WCCFShit
  3. AMD

4. Arsenal 

Just now, zMeul said:

Simbolo_Arsenal.jpg

Confused. Yes that's their badge. 

12 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Confused. Yes that's their badge. 

I don't understand what Arsenal means, so I approximated 

was I wrong?!

"Sell your 1080 ti....cause this card will beat it!....probably....only on Doom vulkan and AOTS....more good DX12 games are coming just fucking wait more!"

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

I don't understand what Arsenal means, so I approximated 

was I wrong?!

Arsenal is a football club based in London, UK. They compete for the English Premiere League. Just a football fan. And this is their position in the league past years. It's a popular meme/troll on social networks if you follow football 

arsene-wenger-arsenal-graph_3306008.jpg?

Just now, Misanthrope said:

"Sell your 1080 ti....cause this card will beat it!....probably....only on Doom vulkan and AOTS....more good DX12 games are coming just fucking wait more!"

And Hitman