AMD Ryzen packaging pictured-very clean

Djole123

I still like Intel's packaging better.

42 minutes ago, lilbman said:

I still like Intel's packaging better.

i sure dont, when i got my I5 4690K the packadgeing disapointed me so much(i know skylake and kabylake is better but still) because it was just a flimsy pice of cardboard in another flimsy pice of cardboard with prints. looked bad too, cpu wasent lined up with the window

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

AyeeeMD finally figuring out that aesthetics has a good amount of influence over purchasing decisions. 

That is a nice looking box, but so far the crown remains with the 6950X and Intel 2016-2017 Xeons :P

Groomlake Authority

44 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i sure dont, when i got my I5 4690K the packadgeing disapointed me so much(i know skylake and kabylake is better but still) because it was just a flimsy pice of cardboard in another flimsy pice of cardboard with prints. looked bad too, cpu wasent lined up with the window

We have an old Intel box at work that plays their jingle when you open it :)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

13 minutes ago, Fetzie said:

We have an old Intel box at work that plays their jingle when you open it :)

there special pacadgeing is great but the normal one is crap

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I like it. Simple yet stylish. Looks great.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I hope the pricing we saw for the X models was with-cooler and not without. I priced out the 1700X + mobo and its right in budget. I have a Corsair H100 v2 but they still haven't said shit about releasing an AM4 bracket or when, just what is compatible by default and what is not. We're a week from launch and still no word from them....really? lol

It looks like the Wraith cooler will be standard issue for the X models. This is interesting because to me it tells me that AMD is willing to eat a bit of shit when it comes to margins (which already should be kind of low if prices turn out to be as low as the rumors say) knowing that intel would still have the IPC disadvantage but they can make up for it a little bit regardless of end user cooling solution with a very solid stock cooler.

Hopefully they'll apply this same logic to Vega later on instead of the stupid blower coolers.

-------

Current Rig

-------

10 hours ago, Sauron said:

Well... without any reference object it's hard to know how big that box really is.

You know, probably around the same size of normal CPU + Cooling boxes..   :S

"Ryzen is doing really well in 1440p and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound" - Dr. Lisa Su, 2017

It'll look good with my Phenom II and 5930K boxes. Just wish there was more green on AMD's actual logo.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

4 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

It looks like the Wraith cooler will be standard issue for the X models. This is interesting because to me it tells me that AMD is willing to eat a bit of shit when it comes to margins (which already should be kind of low if prices turn out to be as low as the rumors say) knowing that intel would still have the IPC disadvantage but they can make up for it a little bit regardless of end user cooling solution with a very solid stock cooler.

Hopefully they'll apply this same logic to Vega later on instead of the stupid blower coolers.

Perhaps they'll offer reference cards of both varieties, because blower coolers seem to be preferable in SFF cases that can't house many fans. It'd be a shame to leave that market undercatered.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Perhaps they'll offer reference cards of both varieties, because blower coolers seem to be preferable in SFF cases that can't house many fans. It'd be a shame to leave that market undercatered.

But that's an ideal niche market to be left open for AIB partners to make their designs: The majority of people simply does not uses mitx. This is a fairly limited sample size but I suspect a wide survey would show similar results:

It's pointless to make a reference design to cater to just 9% of consumers.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

But that's an ideal niche market to be left open for AIB partners to make their designs: The majority of people simply does not uses mitx. This is a fairly limited sample size but I suspect a wide survey would show similar results:

It's pointless to make a reference design to cater to just 9% of consumers.

Yes, but SFF is growing, as pursuing these smaller builds are becoming more affordable, as opposed to what it was like a few years ago.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

10 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Yes, but SFF is growing, as pursuing these smaller builds are becoming more affordable, as opposed to what it was like a few years ago.

It won't grow to 67% of all systems before Vega comes out. Sorry but reference blowers are not chosen by manufacturers cause they're better for itx rigs, they're chosen simply because they're cheaper to make. Plain and simple.

-------

Current Rig

-------

15 hours ago, samcool55 said:

I don't know but it looks a bit off, maybe that's due to the quality.

Render imo

- snip-

ok i get it ryzen looks like its going to be a big deal but can we stop with the constant  threads.....i mean are we really fraping over pics of the box!

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Nice :)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

12 hours ago, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

You know, probably around the same size of normal CPU + Cooling boxes..   :S

Those vary pretty wildly actually. Intel has been packing pretty much the same cooler in their boxes for the last 6 years but it used to be much more varied.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

4 minutes ago, Prysin said:

wow, you guys are seriously masturbating and salivating all over a box... dear god.

its alternative leaks 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list