New year's wish? What will you get/want for next year?

I am getting a new Xbox One controller as my old Xbox 360 wired died on me after almost 5 years.

Maybe some rechargeable batteries too to go with it. More and more racing games fill up and keyboard is not good.

Also wanting to get extra 8GB RAM to make my build looks complete with an existing 3TB storage + 240 SSD, i5 4460 and RX 480 4gb that is yet to come

Plus a mechanical keyboard. Looking at G710+ (MX brown) but if budget go higher a bit maybe I can grab myself G610 Orion Brown. Both are nice but leaning towards G710+ for its excessive amount of macro keys and cheaper. (aesthetic doesn't matter much to me but might think about that)

And a new pair of headphones. Because can't stand Sades anymore. Too small for my head. It was fine for the first couple of day (do not regret it, it was for 20 CAD only, what's not to hate) but it's tight to the point I can feel sick

LED for the back of the monitor to look cool. Though that will be optional

- get a new mobo (plz no red and black trim...), CPU, and RAM. move to Ryzen if it's any good. otherwise, move to Skylake 

- move to Vega if it's any good. then sell my 1070

- pimp my PC with RGB strips. maybe with Hue+

- some Philips Hue lights 

edit: oh and maybe a 144hz monitor. preferably 144hz 1440p IPS 27 inch, or 34inch ultrawide IPS. this is a stretch though 

but my biggest priority is a racing wheel and pedals. missed using my g27 

2 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

- get a new mobo (plz no red and black trim...), CPU, and RAM. move to Ryzen if it's any good. otherwise, move to Skylake 

- move to Vega if it's any good. then sell my 1070

- pimp my PC with RGB strips. maybe with Hue+

- some Philips Hue lights 

Kabylake? Still an option if they are cheap

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Kabylake? Still an option if they are cheap

nah, skylake is good enough. 

-get 16GB of RAM and an SSD to complement my soon-to-be build (parts in sig)

-get a better desk (it's a cheap wood veneer desk that's only 37 inches wide)

-move off of console for good, pick up some PC games that I enjoyed on console

-replacement ear cups for the Sony Wireless 7.1 Headset I've been using for the past 6 years

H A L C Y O N

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H50

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary

GPU: MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-2400

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

Power Supply: SeaSonic G-Series 550W

Case: NZXT S340 (black/blue)

Peripherals:

Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM

Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Headset: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

Mousepad: HyperX Fury S XL

I am not sure, I got some great deals on clothing from Marks Work Warehouse, everything was on sale for super cheap. I am glad I hit that store up because I hardly ever go in there anymore but I needed shirts and Walmart was not cutting it. My sizes are not online, and the workers at Walmart do not stock the shelves often enough. I like their Levi Signature series jeans and I buy their cheap T-shirts.

Computer wise I was thinking about buying another HDD but I do not know why. I have available to me right now a used 500GB HDD, a used 320GB HDD and a new 120GB SSD that are not in use. Plus an optional used 500GB in a working PC that I hardly use. I think I will just keep my eyes open for a good deal on a new one. The working PC that I hardly use is a project of mine, I want to get into overclocking on a LGA-1366 X58 with Xeon. I got all the ram I need, a spare tier 2 PSU.

On the other hand, I need to get on with fixing my electric bicycle because I want to put studded tires on my bike and rip up the ice rinks, literally I want to do that. I need to buy new batteries and a controller and fix my motors I have.

I will be eating healthy and working out so a gym membership to the local YMCA for $20 is on the list. I get a discout of 50% because I know how to work the system ;)

Re-doing my office a bit. 

- Looking to replace two monitors of my quad setup to be more similar to my main monitor. Other one is a TV. 

- Just got a 1060, so will up my 8GB of RAM to 16GB and that should be enough for my old system (i5-4670) for awhile.
- Get a dresser unit to use as storage under a part of my desk.

- Given the dresser addition, changing out my BitFenix Prodigy (which has to sit on the floor) and replacing with a Node 202 to allow it to sit on my desk under the first of the three monitors.

That's probably it initially in regards to tech. 

1 minute ago, divito said:

Re-doing my office a bit. 

- Looking to replace two monitors of my quad setup to be more similar to my main monitor. Other one is a TV. 

- Just got a 1060, so will up my 8GB of RAM to 16GB and that should be enough for my old system (i5-4670) for awhile.
- Get a dresser unit to use as storage under a part of my desk.

- Given the dresser addition, changing out my BitFenix Prodigy (which has to sit on the floor) and replacing with a Node 202 to allow it to sit on my desk under the first of the three monitors.

That's probably it initially in regards to tech. 

I5 4670 isn't old.. 

I'm getting a new phone, as I do every year. I might upgrade my MP3 player setup with a Sony Walkman, or an iPod Nano.

Might buy a 46" TV with a proper stand for my Xbox. Right now I'm using a borrowed 40" on top of a plastic storage tower :P

That's it tech wise. I'll be importing a couple of cars from Japan to resell. Need to buy glasses. I'll probably end up buying new shoes for the summer, and a blue Burberry trench coat I've been eyeing.

@deXxterlab97 I'd consider the KM780. They're only $99 right now, and are absolutely excellent keyboards.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

An ultrawide Monitor, a new PSU and a NVMe SSD

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)

1 minute ago, TheLaserCucumber said:

An ultrawide Monitor, a new PSU and a NVMe SSD

Eh, you really don't notice the NVME speed just doing stuff on your PC. Unless you specifically want the transfer speeds it's not worth it.

I'm hoping to get a new desk, an ultrawide monitor and a new graphics card (either Vega or 1080ti, waiting for reviews to decide on that).

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

• Vega being gud
  • Zen being gud
  • less shit that happend this year
  • money

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

new mouse cuz my old one died

reaching 300h in Paladins(185h currently)

keeping grades up

new USB Micro B cable for my Wacom tablet

and as always trying to break the forever alone streak

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Been working on a project car for the last 2 months. Was hoping to get it roadworthy by new year since I've just sold my old daily today. Sadly had a few last minute odds and ends needing replaced and my supply chain has gone to shit over christmas. Will have it done in the 1st week of January all going to plan :).

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

- get a new GPU and PSU (maybe) for my 'knockoff razer core' (if anybody has a gtx 780, 780ti, titan/black/z, 690, 770, or similar kepler GPUs for cheap, tell me)

- get Forza Horizon 3

- get a new CPU for laptop (im thinking 3630qm, 3740qm, or 3820qm)

- (maybe) a new SSD

- 16GB RAM for my desktop

- (maybe) i7 4790k

- keep my grades up and make sure I don't fuck up and spend less time playing vidya games :^)

7 hours ago, divito said:

Over 3 years is old in my books, but fair enough.

4670/k still kicks the ass of most modern games and isn't that much of a bottleneck. 

idk

Half-Life Portal 3 announcement would be nice.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Mobo upgrade new ddr4 ram a ssd and a new ips moniter

I wish to win the $60,000,000 Canadian Dollars Lotto, then I would hire a  helicopter to fly me to Edmonton City airport and have a hired stretch limo (classic style) waiting, I'd tell the driver to take me to a costume supply store to buy very long fake hair, and some huge shades, and a great huge long beard then go to the Lotto Office in St. Albert to sign all the papers and get my cheque and I assume I'd be binded to take a picture, which would be done and I'd leave quickly back to the helicopter, back home, another hired limo (suburban) straight to the bank to meet the head honcho's of 2 major banks for a deposit. We would discuss "high roller" low risk investment products. Then off to interview lawyers, accountants, driver/body guards, cook/dietician and a personal assitant. I'd then be off to visit real estate properties in and around the city. Automobile Dealership to buy vehicles. I'd then hire some brawny tough ass people who are friends of Bill & Bob to keep me inline.