PS4 Pro Review

TL;DR build a pc

1 minute ago, Daniel644 said:

well atleast I can be First Here

So you are the one who always comments first on LTT videos?

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

TL;DR build a pc

real af

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

So you are the one who always comments first on LTT videos?

Yup!

the "Unlisted Squad, Check-In!" and #OutOfIdeas and all those other REAL First comments that DON'T say "First" are me. look at the name Daniel644 here DanielRichards644 there.

Looks like it would do a decent job of powering my Samsung 70" 4k TV. Still I don't think the current jump is worth it considering I'd much rather invest in games on my current console than on a new system with slightly improved graphics. 

I am interested in the improved framerates though. 

Just commenting here to say I downvoted the video on Youtube because of the ugly stickers, not the actual content or test.

Also, I will downvote futures videos where products are tested covered with these stickers, because that is not a valid test of the actual product.

1 minute ago, Proesterchen said:

Just commenting here to say I downvoted the video on Youtube because of the ugly stickers, not the actual content or test.

Also, I will downvote futures videos where products are tested covered with these stickers, because that is not a valid test of the actual product.

Um... what? The dbrand vinyl wraps are designed not to impede product performance in any way, and were not affecting the use of the PS4 Pro any more than putting it in your entertainment centre would. In fact, I know for a fact that people who have an enclosing entertainment console would suffer worse performance due to heat and cooling issues than someone who put a vinyl wrap on their product.

As for my thoughts on the video, well, if you don't already have a PS4, it makes sense to spend a wee bit more and pickup the Pro if you've got a 4K TV that supports HDR, and game a little more than casually. Otherwise there's no point in spending more money on the Pro model just to have 4K capabilities, since it doesn't render most games in true native 4K, and doesn't even support 4K Blu-Ray Discs.

Enthusiasts and hard core gamers would be better off building a PC to attempt 4K gaming, unless again you're like me and love the exclusive titles that come out for Playstation only. (Waiting for TLOU2 :)) Sure, building a 4K PC costs more money, but I feel that current gen consoles are more of a waste of money at this time because they're not really giving you a 4K experience. Then again, arguably neither is a GTX1080, so the real answer is to wait a couple more years.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

all i have to say is : this review would have been nice a month ago 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

1 hour ago, Proesterchen said:

I find your rationale rather confusing, you're downvoting because they decided to use vinyl to change the look of the PS4 which has NO effect on what they actually tested. Nor did they make any comment toward it's look either way.

Also, you're mentioning this NOW when they've done this for lots of reviews already.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

I own a normal ps4, and i love it.

but,

as dex beautifully stated

4 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

TL;DR build a pc

And you can always build a pc cheaper than a console. Not saying ps4 is bad, just prefering the pc side.

Also, you could always get (and no one ever will, id be the one cool guy to get one)

A blu ray drive lol (not sure if any sata ones have hd blu ray support though) 

10 hours ago, kirashi said:

Um... what? The dbrand vinyl wraps are designed not to impede product performance in any way, and were not affecting the use of the PS4 Pro any more than putting it in your entertainment centre would. In fact, I know for a fact that people who have an enclosing entertainment console would suffer worse performance due to heat and cooling issues than someone who put a vinyl wrap on their product.

The stickers change the surface(s) and the looks of the device, both of which are part of a proper evaluation. I'm sure you can argue that the stickers in this particular video didn't do much other than showing the lackluster quality and hilarious lack of design sense (sure, lets put a patterned sticker on a curved surface, that's going to look great! :/) of the company peddling them, but we wouldn't know that unless they get to test the product without them applied.

9 hours ago, PocketNerd said:

I find your rationale rather confusing, you're downvoting because they decided to use vinyl to change the look of the PS4 which has NO effect on what they actually tested. Nor did they make any comment toward it's look either way.

I'm explaining my downvote because voting up/down on Youtube has no way to relay my reason, and IMHO the actual test content did not warrant said downvote.

Also, you're mentioning this NOW when they've done this for lots of reviews already.

I think I've posted on this topic before, you can easily check this. It's just that I've come to the conclusion that the use of stickers in a product review will equal a downvote from me going forward, because it invalidates at least part of the test criteria. (not that big a part here, major part in phone reviews, hilariously important part in notebook reviews with O.o stickered-over touchpads.)

1 hour ago, Proesterchen said:

The stickers change the surface(s) and the looks of the device, both of which are part of a proper evaluation. I'm sure you can argue that the stickers in this particular video didn't do much other than showing the lackluster quality and hilarious lack of design sense (sure, lets put a patterned sticker on a curved surface, that's going to look great! :/) of the company peddling them, but we wouldn't know that unless they get to test the product without them applied.

I'm explaining my downvote because voting up/down on Youtube has no way to relay my reason, and IMHO the actual test content did not warrant said downvote.

I think I've posted on this topic before, you can easily check this. It's just that I've come to the conclusion that the use of stickers in a product review will equal a downvote from me going forward, because it invalidates at least part of the test criteria. (not that big a part here, major part in phone reviews, hilariously important part in notebook reviews with O.o stickered-over touchpads.)

dude, D-Brand supplies the devices in trade for putting there stickers on it, you wouldn't get these videos AT ALL if D-Brand didn't put there stickers on the devices, stickers DON'T affect the performance, they only effect the APPEARANCE. unless the review is talking the aesthetics of the device then I don't see what stickers have anything to do with it.

I'm not a professional and I don't have a color calibrated monitor, but Luke's A-roll looks really blue to me in this video. I made a screenshot and quickly edited it using Zoner Photo Studio - can you see the difference? I think that white balance in the original is way off.

Colors in Brandon's videos (or Edzel's - Scrapyard Wars) are great, but in some others they are washed out, like if they weren't color corrected right. I'm not saying that others are not doing a great job, but these are the only two people that were credited for color work at LMG publicly. Can you do something about your color output?

@dezeltheintern @BRollTheIntern @TaranLMG

P.S.: @Slick deserves a new T-shirt :D

ltt-wb.jpg

My heart belongs to AMD but that doesn't mean I furiously hate Intel or NVIDIA :)

MAIN RIG AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac | MSI HD7950 OC 3GB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB @ 2666MHz (Samsung D-Die) | ADATA SX8200 480GB NVMe SSD & Seagate Barracuda 120 1TB SSD & WD Black 500GB | Sharkoon QB One

LAPTOP Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 (14ARE05) - AMD Ryzen 5 4500U | AMD Vega 8 (Renoir) | 16GB RAM | SKHynix PC601 512GB (OEM) | 1080p 300nit non-touch display

11 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

dude, D-Brand supplies the devices in trade for putting there stickers on it, you wouldn't get these videos AT ALL if D-Brand didn't put there stickers on the devices

Which I'd be perfectly fine with, given the value of reviewing stickered-up products.

Just to be clear, if this company wants to show off the terrible quality of their wares, by all means, have them product-place the living daylights out of LTT content, but don't compromise product reviews by having said product covered by stickers.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 7:22 PM, Proesterchen said:

We are now officially 'this close' to having people announce that they have down voted Linus because they doesn't like how he was dressed in the video.  This.  Close.

6 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

We are now officially 'this close' to having people announce that they have down voted Linus because they doesn't like how he was dressed in the video.  This.  Close.

"He didnt wear the sandals. Downvoted." lmao

1 minute ago, ZXL_115 said:

"He didnt wear the sandals. Downvoted." lmao

"Hair was so much nicer in yesterday's video.  Down voted."

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

"Hair was so much nicer in yesterday's video.  Down voted."

"T-Shirt Stain. Downvoted."

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

"Workbench wasn't very tidy before Luke started. Downvoted."

"Linus didnt even mention the xbox one s in this ps4 pro review. Downvoted."

34 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

"Linus didn't start the episode by saying 'Hey guys, it's Austin'.  Downvoted.'

"Linus doesnt start by saying "get yourself a cup of tea, or a beer if thats more your thing." Downvoted. (ghg reference)