Can't subscribe to floatplane from germany

Rodn3y
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

I've added a new payment method that uses a different PayPal flow (and might require you to manually renew, I'm not quite sure). It's currently only displayed to users in Germany, so if you are having issues with PayPal not allowing you to subscribe, I'd appreciate it if you could try the alternate payment method in the checkout, and let me know if it works.

Well i got the mail too.

But the problem is - i live in germany and really wanna get this...

---

Hardware:

intel i7 4770k

nVidia GTX 770 2GB (Gainward Phantom)

FreeNAS Server with 3x 3TB WD Red in a RaidZ1 for backup and network storage

MacBook Pro for work (running only Fedora 26 on ZFS)

Hi,

I subscribed yesterday, I also received an automated email saying it was processing. How long usually before it gets processed?

Thank you,

11 hours ago, Wuruwhi said:

Hi,

I subscribed yesterday, I also received an automated email saying it was processing. How long usually before it gets processed?

Thank you,

Can you send me a pm so I can look into this further? In it, can you tell me what re status of the transaction is on PayPal's end. 

HTTP/2 203

My order is  still in payment processing  ? please fix it

Thank you

21 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Alright, I watched the unlisted videos about what it was...
Why aren't they just putting the videos unlisted on youtube for "early access" instead of making people download them, and then publish them to the public after a week has passed. At least this way their content is protected if someone will just upload the videos on youtube after downloading them... Because that will happen.

It would happen anyways if someone wanted to with vessel, just takes a little more time. Unlisted youtube videos don't work as links would get get shared. apparently youtube has is own form of paid early access, but they didn't use it for some reason.

21 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Alright, I watched the unlisted videos about what it was...
Why aren't they just putting the videos unlisted on youtube for "early access" instead of making people download them, and then publish them to the public after a week has passed. At least this way their content is protected if someone will just upload the videos on youtube after downloading them... Because that will happen.

Because they will get leaked easily by people just sharing the link.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

13 minutes ago, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

It would happen anyways if someone wanted to with vessel, just takes a little more time. Unlisted youtube videos don't work as links would get get shared. apparently youtube has is own form of paid early access, but they didn't use it for some reason.

Youtube red, and it's not available in canada.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 hours ago, q8wii said:

My order is  still in payment processing  ? please fix it

Thank you

Please send me a pm with the status of the transaction as it shows on PayPal. 

HTTP/2 203

4 hours ago, Enderman said:

Youtube red, and it's not available in canada

Or many other places :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

shame about the issue only just created a account to join the club and was happy to upgrade to silver to show support

how will people be notified when it is resolved ? as i to have a german paypal account 

Thanks BR

I'm having the same issue here.

I was all hyped about the Floatplane Club (and about to buy a 1 Year Subscription) until Paypal told me that renewal payments are not allowed with my german paypal account.

Your PayPal-Account is registered in a country that is not allowed to use automated payments. Please go back to the merchants website and choose another payment method. 

paypal.JPG

Edited by kajoriEU
typo + quotefix

I have the same problem as well, please fix this. I was subscribed to vessel pretty much only for LTT and would be more than happy to give you the money directly to support your content.

on that Note: ;)

giphy.gif

Same here and i am also german... But I am also a patreon for PCPer throug PayPal... and this is allso a monthy contribution... wich works 100% fine every time.

PCPer+LTT= Nerd Heaven xD

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

On 14.11.2016 at 0:01 PM, PascalSignifica said:

I called the paypal support today and they said that the only way it would work would be to send a request to us to pay 2,99 or 29,99. It's a little bit inconvenient but at least it would work...

but I understand you correctly, that this isn't possibile at the moment right ? because LTT would have to make the request not us

yeah come on guys, any news? its been 3 weeks now... this is kind of annoying especially since it seemingly wouldn't be that hard to resolve. or are we german fans simply so few that LTT doesn't care ? :(

Since Floatplane came so far now, is there a any rough plan when I will be able to give you money?

54 minutes ago, Delorios said:

Since Floatplane came so far now, is there a any rough plan when I will be able to give you money?

Yes, paypal has been contacted and it should be fixed next week 

On 11/2/2016 at 6:03 AM, Slick said:

Hey there! We will be looking into this as soon as possible!

I cant even see the thread for it.

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports