PSU Tier List [OLD]

Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

This is a legacy list. It is no longer being updated.

The new PSU Tier List can be found here:

6 minutes ago, HUNTibi87 said:

Not actually... I'm from Hungary and here also made some test with this PSU and they wrote a good things.

Can you link us the review?

:)

45 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Can you link us the review?

Sorry, this wasn't a Hungarian site, just i can't read Italyan and was translated. And many hungaryan forumers say to good this PSU, this is why i ask. What i saw every time, when somebody want to build pc or change PSU the members minimum 75% recommend this PSU (400W or 500W) nothing esle.

http://www.hwlegend.com/recensioni/articoli/alimentatori/3879-fsp-hexa-400w-silenzio-e-ottima-efficienza.html?start=10

That site looks like they give awards to everything that isn't on a tree at count of three...

And most people don't know shit about PSU, only about a hand full in every area, if you are lucky, know something about PSU. Most people just believe...

In your country they love the worst FSP has to offer in other countrys its the worst other manufacturers have to offer same shit everywhere you go it seems.

Rule of the Thumb:
If it is group regulated, avoid.

And you want a supervisior Chip with more than 8 pins because most don't have UVP on +12V and also no OCP on any rail..-

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

13 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Rule of the Thumb:
If it is group regulated, avoid.

There are countries and price points where you have no choice but group regulated. Might as well find the best one you can then for the cost.

As for supervisor chips, yeah protections are good, but some people prefer to take the risks. Let them do the risk-taking and you do the risk-describing.

14 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

There's a review for the HE-400 on the site that bares your name... http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=341.

@HUNTibi87

Summary, it is very cheap, and very crap. Undercuts the other shit on the market, with being an even shitter, actual branded PSU.

It didn't seem that bad to me. And I've read that review before. It didn't blow up, efficiency did meet 80+, everything stayed in spec, heavy 12V crossload was actually pretty good performance, the capacitors at least aren't Jun Fu. It works for a GPU that needs a single 6-pin. What's that these days, like RX 560 or 570, GTX 1050Ti, maybe 1060.

17 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Where have you read many good things about the Hexa????   WHERE?!?!?   There's no real reviews of it anywhere because FSP is smart enough to not send such a bomb out for review.

Hexa is reaaaaaaaalllllllllllly cheap.  I mean reaaaaaaallllllly cheaply made. 

Sleeve bearing fan.  85°C rated Teapo and Capxon caps.  Double forward group regulated.  No 80 PLUS cert (just a logo that says "Meets 80% Efficiency).....

Hexa+ is just Hexa with longer cables, increased +12V rail and ErP 2013 efficiency compliance.  Just as poorly made.

And what you mean about the newer 80+ bronz series?

32 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Never seen or heard of A Hexa Bronze. 

www.fsplifestyle.com/en/product/HEXA85plus450W.html

56 minutes ago, HUNTibi87 said:

www.fsplifestyle.com/en/product/HEXA85plus450W.html

Never seen or heard of A Hexa Bronze.. Other than that product page.  I need to read a review or at least see internal shots. 

2 hours ago, HUNTibi87 said:

www.fsplifestyle.com

So if FSP like golf? You don't just play golf, it's a lifestyle. You don't just simply *buy* an FSP product, it's a lifestyle.

2 hours ago, turkey3_scratch said:

So if FSP like golf? You don't just play golf, it's a lifestyle. You don't just simply *buy* an FSP product, it's a lifestyle.

You simply do not shop at Target, you shop at Tar-chay.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/corsair-releases-new-vs-psus,36103.html

450W, 550W and 650W, probably different platform (anyone knows which platform?) from the 400W, 500W and 600W with same grey label

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

How is the Corsair Vengeance in Tier 1 while Corsair CXM are in tier 3? There aren't many differences other than one having multiple rails and a better fan.

3 minutes ago, Rexper said:

How is the Corsair Vengeance in Tier 1 while Corsair CXM are in tier 3? There aren't many differences other than one having multiple rails and a better fan.

Because one of the big reasons why the CXM isn't higher is because of the fan.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

9 minutes ago, Rexper said:

Sleeve fans are an auto-deemed tier 3.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

So if the CXM had a better fan, it and the vengeance would be overall on par with the Seasonic Prime, Corsair AXi, etc? Even though their electrical performance and build quality found proves otherwise.

I believe the Vengeance should be Tier 2 at highest.

1 minute ago, Rexper said:

So if the CXM had a better fan, it and the vengeance would be overall on par with the Seasonic Prime, Corsair AXi, etc? Even though their electrical performance and build quality found proves otherwise.

I believe the Vengeance should be Tier 2 at highest.

I have considered dropping it to tier 2 for the lower-end versions of it.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The lower wattage no-modular units have very similar performance to the modular versions, platform is the same and components are almost all the same. Only real difference is obviously one is modular. I believe they all should be in 2nd tier.

26 minutes ago, Rexper said:

The lower wattage no-modular units have very similar performance to the modular versions, platform is the same and components are almost all the same. Only real difference is obviously one is modular. I believe they all should be in 2nd tier.

I believe they should stay in Tier 1 due to their excellent electrical performance.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Solid build quality and excellent performance, we have never graded a PSU on features such as modularity and the like so there's not good reason to drop the Vengeance.

Just some bapo nerd from 'Straya

PCs:

Main: i7 7700K (5GHz 1.4V) | ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz (3200MHz CL14 1.365V) | ASUS PRIME Z270-AR | Thermaltake SMART 750P | Coolermaster Seidon 240P | Acer Predator X34 (34" 1440p144Hz GSync IPS)

Secondary: i5 3570K | Intel HD4000 (RIP Sapphire HD 6850) | 2x2GB + 1x4GB Kingston 1600MHz | ASUS P8Z68-V LX | Corsair CX650 | Coolermaster Hyper D92 | Sony Bravia VPL-VW80 (108" 1080p60Hz projector)

Laptop: i7 7700HQ | GTX 1060 6GB MXM | 2x16GB SODIMM | OEM Acer Motherboard | 17.3" Screen (1080p60Hz IPS)

iMac: Core 2 Duo T7400 | ATI Radeon X1600 | 2x1GB 667MHz DDR2 | 20" Screen

2 hours ago, awesomegamer919 said:

Solid build quality and excellent performance, we have never graded a PSU on features such as modularity and the like so there's not good reason to drop the Vengeance.

I see why some don't like it compared to the Prime and stuff like that, but I'll leave it up there for now.

25 minutes ago, merlain10 said:

which tier would CORSAIR CX650M SEMIMODULAR 80+ BRONCE be?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, merlain10 said:

The one it's on

7 hours ago, merlain10 said:

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.