NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 3DMark Firestrike Benchmark Results Leaked - beats 980ti and Fury X

Mr_Troll

If these are legit, Nvidia claims that faster that titan x and 980 sli seem to be true on just stock speeds and that OC holy shit, it looks like to be 50% faster that stock titan x, i guess Nvidia didn't overinflated their numbers like they used to with this card.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

5 minutes ago, AlexGoesHigh said:

If these are legit, Nvidia claims that faster that titan x and 980 sli seem to be true on just stock speeds and that OC holy shit, it looks like to be 50% faster that stock titan x, i guess Nvidia didn't overinflated their numbers like they used to with this card.

say what?!

they claimed 2X the performance of a titan X at one time...and form these numbers, an overclocked GTX 980ti can fairly easily match a stock GTX 1080...i run a +35% overclock on my 980ti ATM...over that stock one they put in there...what do you think is happening with my firestrike score? :P

Showing only the GTX 1080 overclocked and the other cards at stock clock (stock clock for the 980ti is 1075mhz man...and many of them can do 1500mhz+) if you put the overclocked 980ti in there...lets say like mine to 1460mhz...the 1080 wouldnt look that fast.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

4 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

say what?!

they claimed 2X the performance of a titan X at one time...and form these numbers, an overclocked GTX 980ti can fairly easily match a stock GTX 1080...i run a +35% overclock on my 980ti ATM...over that stock one they put in there...what do you think is happening with my firestrike score? :P

Showing only the GTX 1080 overclocked and the other cards at stock clock (stock clock for the 980ti is 1075mhz man...and many of them can do 1500mhz+) if you put the overclocked 980ti in there...lets say like mine to 1460mhz...the 1080 wouldnt look that fast.

for the price of 2 980ti, get 2 1080, and then compare in SLI

4 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

for the price of 2 980ti, get 2 1080, and then compare in SLI

don't get me wrong...it IS faster than a 980ti...i CAN'T get a 12 000 firestrike extreme score even if i try VERY VERY hard...i can't.

But i read ''50% faster than a titan X'' and one other earlier posted ''63% faster'' it's NOWHERE near that figure.

if these test are legit, then i can safely confirm that the GTX 1080 is around 20% faster than a GTX 980ti both at stock and overclocked (so long as you compare either BOTH at stock, or BOTH overclocked...it's +20%)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

don't get me wrong...it IS faster than a 980ti...i CAN'T get a 12 000 firestrike extreme score even if i try VERY VERY hard...i can't.

But i read ''50% faster than a titan X'' and one other earlier posted ''63% faster'' it's NOWHERE near that figure.

if these test are legit, then i can safely confirm that the GTX 1080 is around 20% faster than a GTX 980ti both at stock and overclocked (so long as you compare either BOTH at stock, or BOTH overclocked...it's +20%)

I think the 1080 will be about 20-30% faster than a 980 Ti (both overclocked) depending on binning. We have no idea what the best bins of the 1080 can do, but I assume since most reviewers have said "25% faster" I'll give an extra 5% wiggle room, with the worst bins being only 20% faster or so. Either way, it's not enough to warrant a 980 Ti user to upgrade from their existing monster of a card (unless they have the EVGA step-up and just recently bought their 980 Ti). 

Getting really tired of these advertisements.  "2X FASTER THAN TITAN X" "Only in VR"

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

2 minutes ago, MageTank said:

I think the 1080 will be about 20-30% faster than a 980 Ti (both overclocked) depending on binning. We have no idea what the best bins of the 1080 can do, but I assume since most reviewers have said "25% faster" I'll give an extra 5% wiggle room, with the worst bins being only 20% faster or so. Either way, it's not enough to warrant a 980 Ti user to upgrade from their existing monster of a card (unless they have the EVGA step-up and just recently bought their 980 Ti). 

Getting really tired of these advertisements.  "2X FASTER THAN TITAN X" "Only in VR"

the 2X faster is for VR i think. Also, its a worth upgrade from a 750TI like me

3 hours ago, ChrisCross said:

there arent drivers! why do you think all people show it outside of a pc?

3 hours ago, ChrisCross said:

they send it early so everybody has it before the launch in case of delivering problems (we had that before).

of course nvidia has a driver but the reviewers dont. im just mad at all the people who generate clicks with rumors misleading people. just wait and see how the performance is.

Yeah... Please stop talking out of your ass...

The reviewers have been sent the cards, and are allowed to release their reviews of it on the 17th... Which means they are testing them right now so they can have their articles/videos ready to publish.

The reviewers have drivers before consumers in the same way they have the cards before the consumers.

1 minute ago, ZeusXI said:

the 2X faster is for VR i think. Also, its a worth upgrade from a 750TI like me

I take it you missed the super small "only in vr" text? I know what the advertisement was. I just dislike the way its advertised. The graph should say "2x the VR performance of a Titan X" rather than "2x the performance" and then list in VR elsewhere. It's common practice among most businesses, but its shady nonetheless.

10 minutes ago, MageTank said:

can't agree more...also there is room for driver improvements and optimisation for pascal architecture, of which the bulk of it should also benefit maxwell to some extent...but not as much as the latest cards obviously and within a year time the actual ''in game'' performance of the GTX 1080 should grow and reach a +30% over a GTX 980ti...that wouldnt surprise me...but 50%/60%...ain't happening.

People also have to realise that they are accomplishing this on a 300mm² chip...where as the TitanX/980ti are monster 600mm² chips. The power consumption will be way less thus the cards will run cooler, quieter and be more affordable...they also support some new technologies of which most are VR but still, pretty cool!

This card is meant to replace the GTX 980...not the 980ti/Titan X...and with that in mind it's doing a hell of a job at slap bitching the GTX 980 all over the place. :)

It's good, it's very good...but it's not meant to be a true worthy upgrade to a 980ti...i say feel free to do so if you're bored with money to blow...or just a fanboy of the brand or whatever...or maybe your 980ti looks like crap, or it overclock like junk...i will not bother selling my card at a loss online and order a new one for a +25%...especially considering that the games that are coming out right now arent even that great to begin with...and the 980ti can maxout all of them at 2560x1440.

If these are true, it's pretty impressive if you ask me...

Usually the jump between one card, and the next iteration of that card (e.g. 980 -> 1080) is ~20%. This time around the 1080 ~65% faster than the 980, and 25% faster than the GM200 (TitanX/980ti). I remember my upgrade from the 780ti -> 980 being VERY small.

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

can't agree more...also there

is room for driver improvements and optimisation for pascal architecture, of which the bulk of it should also benefit maxwell to some extent...but not as much as the latest cards obviously and within a year time the actual ''in game'' performance of the GTX 1080 should grow and reach a +30% over a GTX 980ti...that wouldnt surprise me...but 50%/60%...ain't happening.

People also have to realise that they are accomplishing this on a 300mm² chip...where as the TitanX/980ti are monster 600mm² chips. The power consumption will be way less thus the cards will run cooler, quieter and be more affordable...they also support some new technologies of which most are VR but still, pretty cool!

This card is meant to replace the GTX 980...not the 980ti/Titan X...and with that in mind it's doing a hell of a job at slap bitching the GTX 980 all over the place. :)
It's good, it's very good...but it's not meant to be a true worthy upgrade to a 980ti...i say feel free to do so if you're bored with money to blow...or just a fanboy of the brand or whatever...or maybe your 980ti looks like crap, or i overclock like junk...i will not bother selling my card at a loss online and order a new one for a +25%...especially considering that the games that are coming out right arent even that great to begin with...and the 980ti can maxout all of them at 2560x1440.

I am seeing a lot of $400 980 Ti's on ebay. If they drop to about $300, I might still buy one over the GTX 1080, simply because that performance for that price just can't be beat. The only concerning factor i have, is whether or not i can get a GTX 980 Ti to run on a 500w platinum PSU, lol. Stupid SFF power restrictions x.x

1 minute ago, MageTank said:

I am seeing a lot of $400 980 Ti's on ebay. If they drop to about $300, I might still buy one over the GTX 1080, simply because that performance for that price just can't be beat. The only concerning factor i have, is whether or not i can get a GTX 980 Ti to run on a 500w platinum PSU, lol. Stupid SFF power restrictions x.x

if you have a modern intel CPU...yes i think 500W will do just fine...

see, i run my system on an XFX XTR 550W gold...my CPU is an overclocked core i7 (1.2V), my RAM is overclocked, my GPU is overclocked, i have 4 SSD's, 1 SSHD, led kits, many fans, optical drive etc. and the PSU is not even getting hot or anything..it's doing perfectly fine...and i'm sure 500W plat will do the same.

14 minutes ago, MageTank said:

There is no RAM involved here so what are you doing here guy? 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

4 minutes ago, -BirdiE- said:

Yeah... Please stop talking out of your ass...

The reviewers have been sent the cards, and are allowed to release their reviews of it on the 17th... Which means they are testing them right now so they can have their articles/videos ready to publish.

The reviewers have drivers before consumers in the same way they have the cards before the consumers.

the reviewers have the cards before but drivers are another story. they develop over time. maybe they have the drivers by now because the nda is till monday i think. but i dont count beta drivers that perform way worse than anything after release. i mean real world long term drivers. those that you get when the card releases.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

if you have a modern intel CPU...yes i think 500W will do just fine...

see, i run my system on an XFX XTR 550W gold...my CPU is an overclocked core i7 (1.2V), my RAM is overclocked, my GPU is overclocked, i have 4 SSD's, 1 SSHD, led kits, many fans, optical drive etc. and the PSU is not even getting hot or anything..it's doing perfectly fine...and i'm sure 500W plat will do the same.

Well, i have a 6700k, but i had to undervolt it to 1.1v because 48k FFT Prime95 was hitting thermal junction temps. Now under 48k FFT AVX2 load, I'm hitting 93C with an ITX cooler. After delidding, I am hoping to get it to around 80C or lower. Ram is clocked in at 3500mhz C14-14-14-28-CR1. GPU probably won't be overclocked at all. Already cutting it close with the 12v rail wattage, no need to flirt with disaster, lol. 

That is the one appeal the 1080 has for me. With it being only 180w with a single 8 pin + PCIE power (potential 225w total) It might have enough overclocking room on my small PSU. I'll wait for the reviews though, so we can get some real power consumption numbers. Raw TDP is not enough to get an accurate power consumption figure these days. 

5 minutes ago, MageTank said:

That is the one appeal the 1080 has for me. With it being only 180w with a single 8 pin + PCIE power (potential 225w total) It might have enough overclocking room on my small PSU. I'll wait for the reviews though, so we can get some real power consumption numbers. Raw TDP is not enough to get an accurate power consumption figure these days. 

working in a tiny case i would assume the airflow is pretty restricted in which case a GTX 980ti is really not ideal...mine is sitting in a big ass case with 3 fans blowing on it (2x140mm at the front and 1x 120mm from the bottom) and even then the card is really hot and if i put my hand at the exaust or the top of the case there is very noticeable heat coming out of there while gaming...so if you build in a shoebox i ain't recommending a 980ti...it's a 300W beast if you overclock it and it does run really hot...coming from the GTX 780 the increase in power draw and heat output was very noticeable.

GTX 1080 should fare quite a bit better in that arena.

4 hours ago, wolfsbane3083 said:

Looks like I might finally replace my aging 780s at last, if the bank account permits it anyway :D

780s? I'm still running 560Ti's. I was hoping to get HBM2, but I need a new graphics card now.

2 hours ago, deviant88 said:

fake hype, unless you buy a 1080 that does 2.1 ghz guaranteed you are wasting your money if you are upgrading

Perhaps, unless you aren't someone that upgrades every generation. Many of us can't afford to buy a card every year, and just wait one or two generations out.  Right now, I'm sitting on 3.5 years.

2 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

say what?!

They said 2x faster that titan x was in VR, both their promo page and in their presentation leave it clear that 2x titan x was in VR

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

How would one benchmark a card/ play games with it when there is no driver for it yet?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

2 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

How would one benchmark a card/ play games with it when there is no driver for it yet?

current drivers supports it.

4 hours ago, deviant88 said:

fake hype, unless you buy a 1080 that does 2.1 ghz guaranteed you are wasting your money if you are upgrading

Yeah sure. Upgrading from my 7850 would be such a waste of money unless I am guaranteed to get a 2.1GHz overclock...

If you are wondering what that performs like, it's about 20% slower than a 270.

if that OC is real thats huge

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

2.1GHz? Much speed! Very wow!

Spoiler

giphy.gif  

Seriously though, 2.1GHz OC? That's mental.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?