Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Insider Build released - See whats new/coming up - Exciting stuff

GoodBytes

In the case you missed the BUILD event that just past, or want to see more details on this big update with the codename: RedStone 1, Microsoft released a beta build of the OS coming soon to Windows Insider, which anyone can join if you are not already.

The build of Windows is available to those in the Insider program, who joined the Fast Ring release.

The version of Windows 10 is Build 14316, currently, Windows 10 is under Build 1511 (codename: Threshold 2)

Normally, I don't post new Windows 10 Insider build as Tech News, with the exception of really large ones that are interesting, like this one.

What's new?

Native Bash Support                                                                                                                                          

First lets start with the big highlight feature which many people doesn't get Bash.

Bash is Unix command line. Much like Windows has MSDOS (or called simply DOS or command line), Unix has its own. In order to have this support, proper support that is, Windows doesn't emulate or translate them, they implemented, with the help of Canonical, the guys behind Ubuntu, to completely integrate Ubuntu subsystem as part of Windows. This is no virtual machine. This is not "an OS running next to Windows", although it could be seen like so, it isn't exactly. It is part of Windows.

So why do people care? Why not use just Windows command line and call it a day. Well, Windows command line is not as advanced as Bash by considerable margins. The main reason for this, is that MSDOS wanted to be simple to use, with no aim to be really powerful. And the development has essentially stop, as the focus of Microsoft was on Windows. The GUI based OS that eventually parted from MSDOS completely with Windows NT kernel architecture.

Previously, (well currently, as technically Windows 10 Anniversary edition isn't out yet), you needed a program like Cygwin or MinGW on Windows

In addition, Windows can run Linux binaries. So you can run Linux command line programs, which are kinda like a emulator, and is limited in not being able to run Linux binaries and have other limitations.

Ok so why people care, again?

It is mostly developers, and some IT that cares. They care because many developers uses or prefers some Linux programs. Many developers prefer to stick with an environment that doesn't require to use the mouse much. In addition, it offers the ability to execute complex Bash scripts that would be either difficult to do under Windows command line or PowerShell to do, or impossible, and offers developer who prefer or knows bash over PowerShell, to use it. They can also have better interaction/communication with Internet of Things devices, like Raspberry Pi, Beaglebone, or Andruino boards, just to name a few amongst a great number.

In other words, it is a new, accessible, tool for developers.

How to enable it:

First, you need to enable "Developer Mode" in Windows 10, which will unlock extra options/features to the OS, like this one. To do this, simply go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > For Developer, and select Developer Mode.

Second, Go to Windows Features panel. You can search for it through the search bar, or you can right-click on the Start button, or do Win+X, and select: Program and Features, then on the left side column click on: Turn on Windows features on or off.

On that panel, scroll down and check the box: Windows Subsystem for Linux (Beta).

Then click on OK and the process will start, and ask you to restart the computer to apply the changes.

bash-1024x569.png

Cross Device Notification                                                                                                                                  

While still in the works, much like everything here, using Cortana, you can get notification from your other devices such as your phone on your desktop. For example, you'll get a notification on your computer (laptop or desktop), if you phone battery gets to low, alerting you to not forget to charge it. So that it is ready for you when you need to. Other alerts are coming.

In addition, Cortana can help you find your phone and ring it form your system. Also, it can share directions with your phone.

Currently, this features only works on Android and Windows 10 Mobile devices. No iOS support.

For Android users, you need Cortana version 1.5 or newer installed on your Android phone. You can get it from the GooglePlay Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.cortana

More progress is done to the Messaging app, showing the path of be able to see your text messages on your computer and send ones (SMS and MMS).

Microsoft shares some videos:

Spoiler

Beside this, you can now select the language of Cortana, allowing you to access features that was not possible in your region, and will automatically download the necessary speech languages to work out of the box.

Edge                                                                                                                                                                     

Edge continues its improvements  on both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile (when it will be released), in addition, Microsoft wants to inform people of 2 new extensions: Pin It Button and OneNote Clipper. From Edge, you can see that extensions will be distributed through the Windows Store. Moreover, Microsoft says that all its extensions have also been updated.

Updated Emoji                                                                                                                                                     

To fit more with Windows 10 Design Language, the OS emojis have been updated, replacing the Windows 8 ones, with, well Windows 10 ones. It also support skin tone as before, if you wonder.

EMOJI-HIGHLIGHTS-v2_Page_02-2-1024x913.p

Skype UWP                                                                                                                                                           

The Skype team have been hard at work to make a Universal App version, or Windows 10 version, if you prefer of Skype. Unlike the flop that was the Skype Windows 8 Modern UI app, this one, while still in the early works, already surpasses the Modern UI version, and aims to be a contender to replace the Win32 (desktop) version of app. This will also please Windows 10 Mobile users who will get in the future a solid version of Skype.

uwp_full-new.png

Sadly, it doesn't support the old Skype account if you are still attached to it. The app can also go full screen if you are on a tablet, and enjoy side-by-side action with another app

uwp-snap.png

Dark Mode                                                                                                                                                           

In the personalization option, you'll notice the ability to allow to color the title bar, but exclude the Start Menu and Action Center. But aside from this, you can now set Windows 10 to enable "Dark Mode". You'll be able to find the option under Settings > Personalization > Colors,

It must be noted this does not affect Windows 10 itself. Folders remains the same, same for Task Manager and all that. Windows 10 built-in universal apps, and those who decide to support it that you get, supports it. That is all. At least for all we know so far,

Action Center                                                                                                                                                      

Action Center got improved as well.. but still much in the works. Microsoft at BUILD showed what they aim having.

Screenshot-28-2.png

But so far, it has a lot of work until it gets there. Right now you see app sections, and you can set the priority of each app in order of importance (normal, high, top). You can define them from the Setting panel (of course). So, simply go to: Start > Settings > System > Notification & Actions > scroll down, pick an app, and from there you set the priority.

Virtual Desktop Improvement                                                                                                                           

Windows 10 allows you to have virtual desktop. This is what the squares button next to the search bar on the taskbar does (button is called Task View), beside switching apps. It got improved in this build.

You can right-click on a app under the Task View mode, and you can make an app visible on all virtual desktops

vd-show-all-desktops-1024x640.png

Active Hours - To avoids Windows 10 restart on you                                                                                     

Windows 10 can restart your system on you, in order to finish outstanding updates waiting to finish installing. What some people were doing, at least those with Windows 10 Pro, is check the box for differing updates, and install them on their own free time. Well now, you can set your Active Hours of your PC, so that the system never restarts on you during that period. The option is found under Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Change active hours.

Improved Update Progress Experience                                                                                                          

The Windows 10 update experience when it is applying them during boot up or shutdown has been improved.

new-upgrade-UI.png

Connect                                                                                                                                                                

New App from Microsoft that will come with Windows 10. Assuming your device is Miracast compatible, you can display your  Continuum-enabled Windows 10 Mobile phone on your PC. If you don't have Miracast, you can connect your phone to your PC via USB cable (currently not working). You don't need the dock station (once the bug of not working via wire is fixed).

connect-app.png

Other changes                                                                                                                                                    

"Battery Saver" under the Settings panel, is now simply "Battery", and includes per-app background control, allowing you to stop Universal Apps from running on the back when Battery Saver is enabled. You can auto-enabled Battery Saver at a certain level of battery life from your system.

Commenting in the Feedback hub. Users can now post comments to each feedback posted under the feedback hub.

New App: Test Taker. Coming soon. Crashes at startup on my side.

Of course, if you are an Insider currently, this build contains many fixes, and you can read the known issues at the end of Microsoft Windows 10 Blog post: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/04/06/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14316/

For Windows 10 Mobile user wondering where are there Windows 10 Mobile delicious build, as it is for some time being released at the same time as Windows 10 Builds, Microsoft said that there is a critical bug that they found out and blocking them from delivering it. They are working on fixing it, and once fixed, and tested, they'll release it. So, a small delay on this build release.

To get the update, Insiders know the drill, just check for Updates if you are on the Fast Ring, else switch to fast Ring, reboot, and wait, and periodically check for updates. If you are not an insider, and want to be, simply go here, and click on "Get Started': https://insider.windows.com/ Keep in mind that: Heavy amount telemetry data is being collected if you are an Insider, and you can't reduce it, and the OS has bugs, which you can read from the Windows 10 Blog post posted above, and to expect other bugs and issues. If you need 0 downtown from your computer, this is not for you. Also, as the OS is in beta, make sure you have frequent backups of your data. Data corruption at any time should be expected with beta OS. I mean, it is an operating system, it operates your system, and a bug can screw your data up beyond recovery.

WinBeta shares a video doing a round of what is new, if you want to see the new features without getting the Insider build.

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/04/06/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14316/

Are you excited for these features? What would like to see once Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (Redstone 1) is released?

Holy crap those are some awesome changes :D

For those who want a dark theme for all the regular windows stuff like folders and control panel and many other things, use this:

It is a one click installation which gives windows 10 a bunch of custom dark themes, and it works surprisingly well

Confirmed no viruses or adware, and I have been using it for months now and it's great!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Will Link aggregation be fixed? its been broken for a few months, and I want to setup LACP

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Yet another version of skype. Fuuucking hell. And yet still no reason to upgrade from 6.20.0.104 on desktop that I can see. Don't like the new modern UI look, not enough fits onto screen, and link previews are just unnecessary. 

Let me know when they have regex-pinging and updated their url handler. I'm tired of not all valid url's getting hyperlinked (webm.host for example). As well as letting me use my Skype account (not Microsoft account).

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

6 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

snip

COOL STUFF! Hopefully Windows 10 Mobile 10.0.14316 comes out soon. Downloading this on my desktop now.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

pining 1 window to muliple desktops....hype

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

7 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Active Hours - To avoids Windows 10 restart on you                                                                                     

Windows 10 can restart your system on you, in order to finish outstanding updates waiting to finish installing. What some people were doing, at least those with Windows 10 Pro, is check the box for differing updates, and install them on their own free time. Well now, you can set your Active Hours of your PC, so that the system never restarts on you during that period. The option is found under Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Change active hours.

This will save a LOT of lives! I'd still like a nice option to prohibit reboots unless I explicitly start it though.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Okay, when I buy my new SSD, I'll install that insiders build. I still haven't done much with windows 10 quite yet, basically my only experiences with windows 10 was on a very early build shortly after the public beta came out in 2014.

why is this impressive ? the core problems of windows are still not fixed and i see no will of such a thing

UI unification, tabbed explorer, fix broken UWP apps like Mail which is useless shows no mails for any email, cortana search start menu is broken completely it hardly shows any relevant results sometimes shows nothing and so on i can go, its pointless MS doesnt learn

Just please please let me pin tabs in Edge finally. Then I will be totally content. Also, as a former Mac user, I can't wait to use the Bash stuff, since I'll actually understand it all.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

27 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Okay, when I buy my new SSD, I'll install that insiders build. I still haven't done much with windows 10 quite yet, basically my only experiences with windows 10 was on a very early build shortly after the public beta came out in 2014.

It's matured a lot since then. I've used Release Preview, Slow RIng, Fast Ring and Regular releases.

This is only available to Fast Ring for now (what I'm currently on). I wouldn't use this on your main machine unless you love Windows or Microsoft or both :). I also wouldn't use this on laptops period. Even if it is a spare laptop.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

56 minutes ago, deviant88 said:

why is this impressive ? the core problems of windows are still not fixed and i see no will of such a thing

I agree, utter meh

emojis?! you kidding right?! :dry:

MS showing once again they're out of touch with reality

OHHHH OP didn't use the Quote feature, is OP gonna lock his own thread? xD

I'm more intrested to know why the new set of emojis include Mahjong tiles... 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 hour ago, deviant88 said:

UI unification, tabbed explorer, fix broken UWP apps like Mail which is useless shows no mails for any email, cortana search start menu is broken completely it hardly shows any relevant results sometimes shows nothing and so on i can go, its pointless MS doesnt learn

You pin tabs in Edge already (since the previous Insider build), much like Chrome and Firefox.

Mail works great. Check your mail service options, maybe they are blocking it. Some you need to pay for POP or IMAP support.

Cortana works fine on my side.

Tabbed explorer is not "core problem", try again.

UI unification is coming in steps.

33 minutes ago, zMeul said:

I agree, utter meh

emojis?! you kidding right?! :dry:

MS showing once again they're out of touch with reality

Updated emojis where asked in the feedback app. I think they are very in touched. Maybe you are not?

26 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

OHHHH OP didn't use the Quote feature, is OP gonna lock his own thread? xD

It follows the spirit of the guideline. There is nothing that needs to support my claims, I report it in details, hence no need of a quote.And there is no company or person saying anything to quote. This is why it is called guideline, and not rule. Common sense is allowed, and I have allowed it.

Most of the time, the threads which I lock or move are:

-> Just a link

-> Full quoting of the article

-> Link and some comment like we all know what is talking about (I move these in General Discussion, as it is a discussion and not News)

-> Just a series of quotes, with no explanation in between or at the top or end.

The above mentioned points are not what anyone should consider as reporting news.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

You pin tabs in Edge already (since the previous Insider build), much like Chrome and Firefox.

Mail works great. Check your mail service options, maybe they are blocking it. Some you need to pay for POP or IMAP support.

Cortana works fine on my side.

Tabbed explorer is not "core problem", try again.

UI unification is coming in steps.

I know you like MS a lot and thats fine.

I do disagree the way MS works they are working hard centered around store/cortana and UWP.

We need tabbed explorer because there's a lot of clutter with windows, too many windows open everywhere this was fine in the past but using Chrome/Firefox for so many years has clearly proven that Tabs are the best way to manage any UI, same with most modern programs, UnrealEngine,unity, photoshop, text editors like sublime,atom, even MS software VisualStudio, one note etc, they tried using virtual desktops for this problem but its useless its quite tiresome to manage virtual desktops and i never use them i get lost in them.

Who cares about edge? pin tabs? who cares, the font rendering is the most important issue of edge which they didnt fix since edge was first released, not touching that crap, my eyes will thank me.

And the other big problem of windows is gathering junk that has to be removed manually, if you know where that is, with SSD's it doesnt slow down anymore but it still eats a lot of space.

The UI is still a mess and i dont see any attempt of unification in sight, its been 1.5-2 years of win10 development? and i still have to use classic shell for search function done right. Brilliant programming a high school kid coder wannabe can make a better search function 12:07 link

And the damn DarkUI is only for the modern parts the old explorer is still blinding white.

I also see their attempts to move everything to Store and UWP which cannot be used without email connection, at least they shouldnt change my local account to hotmail one if i want to use store automatically sigh. Most apps inside store are dogshit they should not allow such apps in there its just useless clutter.

Those emoticons look retarded they already have decent emoji's on regular version of skype why do they waste effort designing flat ugly emoji's instead of working on base UI design project? cause MS is retarded and doesnt listen.

Apps like connect and phone integration with windows? who cares Windows phone market is almost inexistent and keeps falling, wasting time developing for phones its just meh. They keep ignoring/ruining the desktop for a phone that doesnt have a market, genius.

Plenty of reasons to be throwing shit at MS for this terrible platform and not listening to the real feedback just pretending.

Thats some rant there i must have lots of free time....:dry:

"Beside this, you can now select the language of Cortana, allowing you to access features that was not possible in your region, and will automatically download the necessary speech languages to work out of the box." 

Does this mean that Cortana can be used by ineligible regions in English? 

3 hours ago, deviant88 said:

MS never highlights bug fixes unless they break something pretty basic like sound on certain hardware configs which is their fixed highlight for this release, and it has been like that forever, this ain't a win10 new thing.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

45 minutes ago, deviant88 said:

I do disagree the way MS works they are working hard centered around store/cortana and UWP.

I agree with you. I don't know if they are trying to make UWP replace Win32 program (remember that at BUILD they showed the ability to distribute UWP with a setup, that you can download anywhere, it doesn't have to be in from the store), or just playing catch-up to Win32.

We need tabbed explorer because there's a lot of clutter with windows, too many windows open everywhere this was fine in the past but using Chrome/Firefox for so many years has clearly proven that Tabs are the best way to manage any UI, same with most modern programs, UnrealEngine,unity, photoshop, text editors like sublime,atom, even MS software VisualStudio, one note etc, they tried using virtual desktops for this problem but its useless its quite tiresome to manage virtual desktops and i never use them i get lost in them.

I fully agree with you. But this is not a core problem. A core problem, is something like.... Windows 10 doesn't support or work with any SSD. THAT is an example (obviously fictional one for example purposes) core problem. I also want tabs in File Explorer.

Who cares about edge? pin tabs? who cares, the font rendering is the most important issue of edge which they didnt fix since edge was first released, not touching that crap, my eyes will thank me.

Yea, font rendering needs some work. I agree. It shows the same as under IE11. I guess they used the same font rendering hardware acceleration code.

And the other big problem of windows is gathering junk that has to be removed manually, if you know where that is, with SSD's it doesnt slow down anymore but it still eats a lot of space.

The problem has to do that the PROGRAM, should do it, but instead of people complaining about it to developers, they complain to Microsoft who can't do anything.

Then again, Microsoft did something, and that is Universal Windows App Platform.

The UI is still a mess and i dont see any attempt of unification in sight, its been 1.5-2 years of win10 development? and i still have to use classic shell for search function done right. Brilliant programming a high school kid coder wannabe can make a better search function 12:07 link

I don't know, search works fine for me. Unification is happening. I notice it. It is in small steps, but it is happening. Microsoft aims to remove the Control Panel fully. File Explorer is a bigger project, as it has the ability to load extensions for the preview pane.

And the damn DarkUI is only for the modern parts the old explorer is still blinding white

Be sure to post your feedback

I also see their attempts to move everything to Store and UWP which cannot be used without email connection, at least they shouldnt change my local account to hotmail one if i want to use store automatically sigh. Most apps inside store are dogshit they should not allow such apps in there its just useless clutter.

They need to for DRM, and allow you to use each purchased app and DLC to up to 10 devices using the same account, so that you don't need to buy them for each device.

Those emoticons look retarded they already have decent emoji's on regular version of skype why do they waste effort designing flat ugly emoji's instead of working on base UI design project? cause MS is retarded and doesnt listen.

You just said they needed to unify the UI. The flat design fits with Windows 10 style.

Apps like connect and phone integration with windows? who cares Windows phone market is almost inexistent and keeps falling, wasting time developing for phones its just meh. They keep ignoring/ruining the desktop for a phone that doesnt have a market, genius.

Well now it has another potentially compelling offer for you to consider a Windows 10 Mobile.

Plenty of reasons to be throwing shit at MS for this terrible platform and not listening to the real feedback just pretending.

Thats some rant there i must have lots of free time....:dry:

They are following what most people are asking. Sadly, you don't seem inline with other or you or other thinking like you, don't participate in the feedback program to get your voice heard. I think that is the problem. Keep in mind that this is not an open source project. Microsoft will continue to target its image it has of Windows.

10 minutes ago, Squirrel724 said:

Is it bad that the thing that I am most excited for in this release is the ability to have a colored title bar with a black taskbar?

Not really. It depends on your current needs. I am sure that one day, if you do heavy productivity work later in life, you'll appreciate some other features of Windows, like virtual desktop, especially if the place of work, doesn't want to get you a second monitor.

Wow these sounds great. I am liking the skype change!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

It follows the spirit of the guideline. There is nothing that needs to support my claims, I report it in details, hence no need of a quote.And there is no company or person saying anything to quote. This is why it is called guideline, and not rule. Common sense is allowed, and I have allowed it.

Most of the time, the threads which I lock or move are:

-> Just a link

-> Full quoting of the article

-> Link and some comment like we all know what is talking about (I move these in General Discussion, as it is a discussion and not News)

-> Just a series of quotes, with no explanation in between or at the top or end.

The above mentioned points are not what anyone should consider as reporting news.

Nah nah don't have to explain to me your reasons to why you don't have to meet all of the guide lines. I for one agree that you don't need to. 

Guidelines may be guidelines, but at the end of the post explaining the guidelines there is this: 

Failure to comply may result in your thread being locked or removed without warning.

A lil bit strict for just being "guidelines". But I'm telling you this because you have the status of a moderator. From someone who isn't a moderator it does seem a bit hypocritical that a moderator that enforces the guidelines, doesn't follow all of them him/herself. People will be seeing your posts as the "ideal" post. And they will follow it. 

You might say that you'll not lock up those threads but unfortunately not all of the mods are you and will think like you. I have seen posts in the past that didn't need to be locked, locked up. You don't have change if you don't want to. But I'm just saying it doesn't really leave a good impression. Some will also interpret it as mod having a privilege to not follow the guidelines. 

And you know not so far back there was the conflict against mods. Should there ever be one, they might even use this to support themselves. I do hope that the day wouldn't ever come. 

Anw, still curious as to why MS include Mahjong tiles o.O

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

56 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Nah nah don't have to explain to me your reasons to why you don't have to meet all of the guide lines. I for one agree that you don't need to. 

Guidelines may be guidelines, but at the end of the post explaining the guidelines there is this: 

A lil bit strict for just being "guidelines". But I'm telling you this because you have the status of a moderator. From someone who isn't a moderator it does seem a bit hypocritical that a moderator that enforces the guidelines, doesn't follow all of them him/herself. People will be seeing your posts as the "ideal" post. And they will follow it. 

You might say that you'll not lock up those threads but unfortunately not all of the mods are you and will think like you. I have seen posts in the past that didn't need to be locked, locked up. You don't have change if you don't want to. But I'm just saying it doesn't really leave a good impression. Some will also interpret it as mod having a privilege to not follow the guidelines. 

And you know not so far back there was the conflict against mods. Should there ever be one, they might even use this to support themselves. I do hope that the day wouldn't ever come. 

My post is an ideal post. It is a full article by itself. All my Tech News post are following the guideline and can be used as examples. I have never locked, or moved out a Tech News thread that is a complete news entry. Mods mod Mods. I have no free pass. Sorry.

If you want to continue this conversation just PM me, let's stop going out of topic here. Thanks.