Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MacAlisterL

Do You Like the New LTT Forums Web Layout?

Do you like the new LTT Forms Web Design?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new LTT Forms Web Design?

3 minutes ago, Chrizl1990 said:

It's made my signiture display wrong, so not happy atm. Do I need to redo it?

Nevermind!

Spoiler

My Rig {TEAM RED} --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X GPU: Powercolor Red Dragon RX590 8GB PSU: Novatech Powerstation V2 500w Semi Modular 

Mobo: Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming RAM: Adata XPG 16GB 3000mhz Storage: Sandisk Ultra 120GB SSD + 1 WD 1TB Blues

Case: Corsair Carbide Spec 05   Cooling:  AMD Raith Spectre RGB  Monitor:  Benq XL2420Z

Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion SPECTRUM  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SPECTRUM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's good for the most part.  But the extra effects dim it down.  And can even make it more tedious to do things.  My thought it to maybe reduce the ammount of scripts on the page.  I like the static navigation bar. 

I like the layout as a whole.  I think maybe some Glyphicons would be nice in the navigation bar, I think the scroll animation should go because it annoys me a little bit.  

I also think that There should be more intergration of pages.  So Calendar and Something else can be merged and called for example Calendar and Gallery or whatever you want to call it, just an idea. 

I ALSO think that it looks very clunky with elements.  I think that the ammount of clutter should be removed and bigger margins and padding should be made.  This would make the page easier to manage.

It's a ton better since I browse on mobile a lot. The mobile sight is so much better than before in almost every way.  I've got a few qualms about the desktop sight but I'll either adapt or they'll get changed

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

I hate it,  but i guess I'll get used to it. 

AMD Ryzen 7 3.8ghz at 1.3V Corsair vengeance LPX 8GB 2800mhz @ 3200mhz CAS 16 + 2*4GB micron ballistics @ 3200mhz cas 16 ;Gigabyte ga-ab350-Gaming 3; cooler master nepton 240M ; CF r9 290x tri x + r9 290 tri x ; CX750M PSU ; SPEC 03 case with 9 120mm fans ; windows 10 64 bit 

Layout? It's almost the same... so I guess yes?

But I prefer the old look and miss things like manual BBcode or old spoilers

Soft and clean.

Signatures just look like a mess.

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | Asus Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Mojave Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 250GB WD SATA | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 7 Ultimate | Kali Linux

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (8.0) | iPad Mini (iOS 8.4) 

I personally really love it, but i would like the add-ons for the website to be fixed

Project "Transcend": i3 6100-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

System of a Down <3 <3 <3 \m/

1.128.000 Points in folding! I got a badge!!!

Writer at addgeeks.com! Find my articles, I am Panagiotis Kalogeropoulos!

Oneplus 2 64GB owner! OPT FTW!

Rooting, Jailbreaking, installing Xposed and SuperSU (and naughty boot animations xD) since the iPhone 3G!

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

I'm the kind of person that resists change at all costs lol, even if things are a little better in terms of functionality/aesthetics i still would have been happier to stick with the old layout. Having said all of that, when change is forced i tend to adapt and make myself comfortable again pretty quick :) 

It's pretty nice to view on mobile now, but a little too simplistic for viewing on my desktop.

All in all it's an improvement though. All the little transitions and animations are nice :D

Almost as cool as my temps  

On 2/1/2016 at 11:53 AM, Mohenjo said:

they should make the likes add up into the old likes 

What?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

5 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

What?

well, not old likes. But total up into likes. Like the funny,positive and all would lead to your total likes.

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Mixed feels.  Think @lots of unexplainable lag may have built the new site cause I'm really feelin'em now.  But I also haven't felt the need to ask anyone to correct their formatting for night theme lately either, so that's pretty awesome!

4 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

Mixed feels.  Think @lots of unexplainable lag may have built the new site cause I'm really feelin'em now.  But I also haven't felt the need to ask anyone to correct their formatting for night theme lately either, so that's pretty awesome!

U wot m8?

Ye ole' train

On 2/1/2016 at 11:47 AM, MacAlisterL said:

Just like it sounds.

Haven't found (if it exists at all) the "move to first unread message" in long threads. I've probably missed several non-techie posts.

I like it but there are a lot of design problems. and they don't want to fix them. 

owell i ill make myself a skin

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

16 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

What?

would be cool to have the old like button still there.

sometimes when I see cool content (say a mineral oil pc in a fishtank. that was awesome) I can't exacly say that its. agree, or informative. or a good point. or friendly.
not even funny for that matter.

I just like the content. 

and id like to like the things I like

just like the old ways  B|

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

My custom LTT Resident Chinchilla member title is gone. Never mind 0/10.

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | Asus Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Mojave Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 250GB WD SATA | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 7 Ultimate | Kali Linux

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (8.0) | iPad Mini (iOS 8.4) 

13 hours ago, Norseman4 said:

Haven't found (if it exists at all) the "move to first unread message" in long threads. I've probably missed several non-techie posts.

For now you can use dot/star in front of thread title. It will (and always has) go directly to first unread post. Mortis is looking into adding button inside the thread too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's much cleaner, that's the first thing. I haven't found any issue in navigating through the forum, have you?

DESKTOP PC :

CPU :RYZEN 5 2600/ GPU :MSI Ventus OC GTX 1660 Ti/ RAM :Team Elite 2x8/ PSU :Corsair CX650M/ HDD :Toshiba 2TB/ SSD :Adata XPG M.2 SATA 265GB/ COOLER :Be Quite 2x140mm / MOBO :Asus TUF B450 Gaming

LAPTOP :

CPU :i7-4710HQ/ GPU :GTX 860M/ RAM :8GB OEM/ HDD :1 TB 

PERIPHERALS :

MOUSE :LOGITECH G502/ HEADSET :HyperX Cloud Alpha/ KEYBOARD :Logitech G Pro 

POSSIBLE PC BUILD :

PC PART LINK