WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

My desktop runs mainly off a 750GB hybrid Seagate Momentus xt because it's cheap per GB, and also fast. I also have a 150GB hitachi hard drive to store games on, to take stress off my main hard drive. Then I have a small toshiba HDD taken out of a PS3 mostly for the lolz, but to let me run my pc as a hackintosh as well. 

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlainOldJord

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/jordan.southwell

Google+: https://plus.google.com/104617917625751983815/posts

:)

Currently using an Asus G74sx with 1TB of storage which is only used for the operating system and pictures. Use an external 1TB hard drive for the games, series, etc. The reason why i do this is to prevent clutter on the laptop as I'm selling it to upgrade to a desktop (woohoo) and the external allows files to easily be transferred to the other household computers. 

I use a 1TB caviar green as my boot drive and have a 2 TB Caviar Green as a backup drive I got hold of these cheap after my previous hard drive failed. Wish I could of afforded to build a Nas but that's just not possible because of funds. I lost a lot of data including some photos of my children growing up so would love to win some of these drives. Love your videos by the way Linus.

I have a corsair gt 120 gb and a 1000gb seagate barracuda because i want to boot up fast and have tons of space for games :D

I just use a 2tb wd black. my pc is mainly a gaming rig and in my opinion a fast boot drive does zero for me other then take money out of my pocket. I can wait 1 minute for my pc  to boot up :D i use an external 1tb just for photos and music type stuff. 

Main computer (Laptop for now): OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD boot drive, 500GB 5400RPM HDD storage drive.

Reason of configuration: My laptop came with a 500GB HDD and I wanted more speed, so I took out the optical drive and put the 500gb hard drive in it so I could install the OCZ 256GB SSD as my boot drive.

I am planning on getting a storage server set up in the next few months since my desktop died a few months ago.

I just recently built a gaming/editing rig with an i5 3570K in a Bitfenix Prodigy. I'm dual booting Windows 8 with Mac OS X. For the OS drive i used a Samsung 830 128GB SSD and for storage I used a Seagate 1TB Barracuda HDD. I wanted an SSD for the OS for faster boot up and the HDD for storage and games. I may need more storage for storing my videos and music that I'll be editing.

Thanks!

Ryan Vargas

post-36896-0-38974500-1378913282_thumb.j

Facebook share Ryan Vargas https://www.facebook.com/RyanAguilaVargas/posts/10201362594161849

Twitter share @itsRyanFB https://twitter.com/itsRyanFB/status/377818266007109632

I have a 500GB Seagate Barracuda drive because I was building a CHEAP PC to replace my crappy laptop so my budget was low. I am looking to get a 2TB WD green (Mainly because it is the cheapest good 2TB drive) because I only have about 90GB left on my current HDD. And maybe a boot SSD somewhere down the line.

#MakeBombs                                       3x3x3 Time: 15.76s

My setup:

2X Toshiba 80GB for Games and OS

1X Samsung F3 1TB for backup

I use only HDD because SSD is more expensive and less storage.

I use a 500GB WD hard drive because it was the one I bought when I built my system. I have not had money for a SSD. I've also got a IDE 500GB HDD laying around but I cant use it because my motherboard doesn't support it.

sporting a 256gb crucial m4 ssd for my primary drive - games, os and programs. do fresh os install bout every 3 months.

picked ssd cause its uber fast boot and program installs. picked crucial for the brand because it had a really good rep for reliability/compatability at the time. 

have a 1tb samsung spinpoint f3 for fraps recording, editing and storage. picked these drives cause at the time of purchase they were really well priced and had great reviews. real happy with it 2 years on.

have another 1tb f3 for my steam library backup and for other program backups. same reason as above. originally bought these 2 and ran in raid 0, then in raid 1, then split after i got my big drive as follows.

have a 3tb WD ezrx green drive for all my movies, music and tv shows. got this drive for a few reasons

-priced well

-low heat and power

-had seagates fail before

-WD sponsors LTT 

seems so much faster than the 1tb sata2 wd green i used to have (now lives in my dads pc) real happy with this recent purchase

If ur hell bent on X, dont ask for X vs Y suggestions

Right now I am not running anything. I had a single drive 750gb and a secondary 1.5tb drive. My motherboard burned up and took a drive out with it. I am in the process of building a new pc and this hard drive would come in handy!

I have a desktop computer with OCZ Vector 256 GB for boot drive and some games and most of programs (offers excellent performance and was on sale).

I also use Seagate 1TB hard drive got it as a part of my upgrade last year (using for rest of the games, music, videos and pictures, also is used for SSD backup)

And also use a 4 to 5 year old Samsung 320GB hard drive which is still alive from the old rig and is used for short term temporary storage (as I don't really trust it anymore)

I would particularly enjoy a new drive as I can't really use the old Samsung for anything serious or long-term storage and my main hard drive is nearly running out of capacity.

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Right now i am running 160gb SATA hdd and 2 really old ide hdd each have 80gb. The reason i have this set up is because when i bought my pc i had to recover some old data and just left it like it was.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/kubalus98/status/377813960197541888 @kubalus98

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kubalus/posts/548314331902404 Jakub Bartnik

Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/116126230294078817988/posts/A4ieQ6aJDH2 Jakub Bartnik

I have a Western Digital WD Green 1TB (This is my mass storage drive, for all of my games and applications) 

I also have another wd 320gb drive (This is my boot drive, as my 256gb OCZ Agility 3 died.....)

For an offsite, I have a homebuilt nas running Freenas, and a it has a single core intel core 2 and 2gb of Ram, and it has two seagate 1tb baracudas in RAID 1, I would love to have some WD reds, as you have recommended them quite a few times but I do not have the funding for it. (I use this for the storage on my virtualized enviornment to help offset my IOPS, as well as using it forbackups for my roomates laptops)

1) I have a 240GB Corsair Force GS as my boot drive with programs, while all my files and games are saved in my 1TB Seagate Barracuda Drive. Buying a SSD was my dream and it was worth every penny as my computer is blazing fast and since i knew that storage was going to be a problem i coupled it with a 1TB Seagate Barracuda drive. 

2) Twitter Share @ThomasAlex2 (https://twitter.com/ThomasAlex2)

3) Google+ Share Thomas Alex (https://plus.google.com/u/0/111522815647020085950/posts)

Thank You WD for your wonderful Giveaways......

Cool with the giveaways! xD

I use 2 128gb Corsair Force GT in RAID0 as boot drive, and then i have 1 WD Black 1TB internal hard drive.

I have the SSD because i love the speed. But as i am, i wanted even more. :P That's the reason why they are paired up in RAID0. And you gotta have room for videos and pictures right? So that's what my 1TB is doing for me. Wouldn't harm getting any more space though. :D

In My Main System 

1)Boot drive: 128GB Plextor M5P    Reason: Simple. Fast. Increases productivity.

2)Secondary: 1TB Seagate 7200.12      Reason: Need more storage for my Steam games, plus photos, music, video, documents

Out of My System 

1)NAS - DLink-320L with 2X 1TB Seagate 7200.14 in Raid 1        Reason: Weekly syncs with the 7200.12 in my system. Simply because redundancy is the only way to ensure data  does not get lost

2)Seagate GoFlex 500GB     Reason: Clones of my boot drive, so that it is easily recoverable  if my OS corrupts.

3)WB Black 500GB 2.5"      Reason: My sister was complaining that her laptop was not booting fast enough. Since the Black is the only reliable 2.5" 7200RPM drive, I went with that as a 500GB SSD was not cost effective.

4)128GB Intel 320 Series    Reason: Fast, reliable boot drive for my own laptop. Allows me to do my fork fast and boosts productivity.

1. Facebook share from Cw Goh: https://www.facebook.com/cw.goh?hc_location=stream

2. Twitter share with Twitter handle @CharredRubber: https://twitter.com/CharredRubber

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

My storage configuration is a internal 500ggb 2.5inch hdd and a external 2tb hdd shared over network for backup it is a my book usb 2.0.

Hey guys

I've got a san disk extreme II 120gb ssd and a wd 1tb black.

This is my first rig, built it a couple weeks ago. After hours of research i chose the ssd for fast boot and the wd 1tb for storage of games movies ect ect with the idea of adding storage later on.

They both had awesome reviews and they fit into my price bracket. I thought the 1tb would be enough but it's already full. games and my motorbike gopro footage chews through the space. Your video popped up when i was browsing for hdd's. It'd be awesome to get even the runner up prize. Money is a bit tight. Good luck everyone and linus thanks for the gaming rig build guide , helped heaps

In my PC I have:

a 128gb kingston hyperX because SSD's are awesome

a 1tb Caviar black (purely for games)

a 120gb WD for general applications

an 80gb seagate for movies and fraps recordings

a 120gb hitachi backup drive

a 240gb scorpio black drive running as a cache

and a 60gb drive in an external enclosure

Most of the hard drives are only there because they have nowhere else to go..

however the ssd and 1tb drive were put in because I absolutely hate to having to wait for things to load. :P

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

I run a 64gb ssd and a 1TB WD Red drive. I run this as i can only afford one Red drive for games and other storage, however I plan on buying more.I run the SSD for booting my OS(Windows 8).

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield