WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

Hi, I have a 1 tb green recommended by Linus. It's cheap It's fast, and that is about everything i need it to do. But It fills up fast I only have essentials on there right now (games a few movies etc...) and it has used a whopping 200 gb. I have had the drive for under a month, Within a year i will have no storage left. Linus help me...

P.S Long time subscriber love all the content you put out there and cant wait for the wan show on friday

I currently run a 1TB WD Black drive, simply because it was quick and relatively cheap (I don't have the money for a boot SSD).

Check out my video work at youtube.com/SuperUserTech

Acer Aspire 5750G - i5-2410m | 8GB 1333Mhz RAM | 500GB 5400RPM HDD | Nvidia GT540m

2xBenQ EW2440L | Sennheiser HD600 | Corsair Vengeance K65 | Corsair Vengeance M65 | Panasonic Lumix G7 | Panasonic 20mm F1.7

1. Righto so my current setup is a 512gb WD Black Cav (excess programs) + a 128gb Samsung Pro (OSS + main programs). My reasoning for this is because it was all I could afford. Being 1) A Uni Student, 2) who lives in Australia, and 3) Who blew his PC budget by over AU$1000 before even buying a graphics card, my hands were kind of... tied. Hopefully someday in the next few months (after I've bought a graphics card) I'll be able to get some more space for game footage storage and editing...

2. I don't have a FB anymore haha... I just setup a LinkedIn as I approach Uni graduation (RL is calling to me sigh)

3. I have a twitter but it's completely unused, so that's probably a bit cheap of me to throw a link to that.

4. Welp I think OC.net will give me a warning if I link this haha.

Cheers to the LTT crew for this, Good luck to all!

Here for the giveaways and the nudes :ph34r:

4790k (delid 4.7 @ 1.13v) | GTX 970 short-PCB | VII Impact | 256GB XP941 + 1TB HGST 2.5" 5400RPM | CM V750 | Jonsbo W1 | 'looped with HWLabs SR-1's

I have a 120GB Samsung 840 as a boot drive, 500GB WD Blue (Old laptop drive), and 2 no-name drives that I use for video scratch drives. They total less than 1tb...

I would love to have an all SSD system, but I can't even afford a 1TB HDD since I had to buy a laptop for school. I have the awful drives to just record anything and everything. I don't trust ANY data to my computer because of the age of the drives, but for youtube videos I had to do something... I use this setup because I really didn't have any options when I built it.

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but I'm watching your streams and VODs for some while now.

I myself run a 840 Pro 256 GB because I just wanted the best stock SATA SSD you could get at the time and that's what I got.

Got my OS and some preferred games and applications on it and all my other Data I just throw on my 2 TB WD Green.

To get some security in the system I'm currently planning on buying and installing a 4-6 drives NAS. I'd probably throw some 4 Gig Reds in it anyways so it would be nice to get one free ^^

Keep up the good work!

Hey guys,

Well, 1º I use a single hard drive 750gb for everything because I'm waiting on my computer upgrade still which should be at some point next year I hope. Use my laptop to help with storage too. When I update I'll use a ssd for OS, programs and games and one hard drive or more for storage. Nothing fancy but thats what I got :P

Facebook share link:

Twitter share link:

Tumblr share link:

http://jonmultimedia.tumblr.com/

so I have Two Drives

1x Kingston 120gb SSD

1x 1TB WD Black

I use the SSD as a boot drive + a few core apps (mostly start-up)

I split the 1TB into two 500GB partitions, I use the first for games + Big Apps. I use the second for media storage. 

WHY?

I split it into two partitions because as I understand it, the first partition is on the outside of the platter, so it has faster seek times. after a fresh install of windows I don't want to just put 500GB of movies straight onto the drive as it will use up the fastest part of the HDD, this is why I put them on the second 500gb partition. (Hence leaving the fastest part of the storage drive for games and large applications

:)

https://twitter.com/Adil_ak93/status/377833854494470144

I have a desktop, and I'm currently running a 200GB HDD for my storage and boot drive because it was in my previous PCs and I have brought it down with me through my different PC setups. This is the only HDD in my system. The reason why I'm not purchasing any other HDDs is because I simply cannot afford the price for even a 750GB HDD.

I'm pretty heavy on games so 200GB isn't really enough, especially as I play a lot of MMORPGs.

i use a 500g wd drive out of my old laptop because i was broke and forgot about storage when i was building my new pc.

Uh, there is so much storage in my house, where should i start...

In my computer i have a 1tb wd black 7200rpm with 2 partitions, OS, with 200GB and the remaining 730GB of data. In addition to that the OS partition is backuped to a second (ols IDE) HDD of my old PC and the 730 is backuped on my external WD 1tb mybook (USB 3.0) wich runs 24/7.

In addition to that i got my hands on an ols rack server with 6 sas hdd, 2 of them in a raid 1 for the ubuntu server os (just to be shure) and the rest in a raid 10 for safety and speed.

If that wouldn't be enough, the server has redundant raidcontrolers, so that if 1 burns out, i have a second one wich remembers the raid configuration.

And for when i'm on my way i have a toshiba 500GB usb 3.0 2,5" external drive

post-34372-0-82169000-1378917506.jpg

post-34372-0-60336200-1378917508_thumb.j

post-34372-0-26236900-1378917511_thumb.j

post-34372-0-03915100-1378917513.jpg

post-34372-0-84558000-1378917514.jpg

I run a Samsung 840 120 GB SSD as a boot drive because I wanted my OS to boot and response quickly as well as my most played games to load fast. Also Linus told me about how awesome SSDs are over and over again. For my storage I use a Seagate 500GB 7200rpm HDD. By the time I baught my PC (end of 2008) 500 gigs where enough and a good value. I also got two external USB 2.0 3.5" HDDs (1TB Hitachi & 2TB WD) for media like movies, series, concerts, etc. I didn't put any other internal drives in my system because I run a small-form-factor case and there is barely any room left. One more drive could fit but that would be it. And then I got a 500GB external USB 3.0 2.5" drive from Toshiba for portable storage but I got no device that could benefit from those USB 3.0 speeds :D

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Badde92/status/377831498742628352

Don't forget to subscribe for more unboxings, reviews and other computer videos!

I have a pretty good computer....except a junk 500g hard drive i put in...oh money why y no be plentiful?? oh and i only have 1g left of space on it :(

I currently use a 120Gb vertex SSD  I use for booting and instalation directories.

I have a 500 gb HD I use for games and other media.

I store the bulk of my files on my FULL 1tb external HD

I'm running a single 1TB Hitachi Hard Drive with an unlabeled RPM, this is my boot and storage drive. The reason I'm running this is because I purchased my PC some years back and while I had a job I upgraded each component saving the storage for last, unfortunately I was made redundant 1 year ago and have been unable to find a stable job to continue spending more money on my setup.

This topic is actually kinda sad. I've been using the same hard drive in every one of my builds, and I didn't even pay for it. I've always saved my money for other parts and never bothered to upgrade my hard drive. I'm currently using a 250GB extremely old hard drive that my brother gave me for my first build, and a 120GB hdd, not ssd, that I scrapped from a server computer that I found lying in the snow two years ago...

I am in serious need of a new hard drive, but I have little money. This giveaway could save e from having to delete huge amounts of data to install a new game...

My twitter handle that won't be seen @BlackPseudicide: https://twitter.com/BlackPseudicide/status/377831389405540353

My facebook share (JP Sacha): https://www.facebook.com/BlackPseudicide/posts/618804181473747

Good luck to everyone else

Still running an old P5Q Pro system with a vertex 3 with 2 black drives, running this system because at the moment it's all I have to work with. Yes I am planning on upgrades plus building a storage solution however 2013 has been the worst year ever and everything that could go wrong just about has.

The end.

I currently use 2 Seagate hdd's, one is 160gb and the other is 250gb.  The 320 was stock on my 2004 model Gateway gt5404.  I use the stock drive for the usual Windows Vista 32, my various programs and games, iTunes music.   I actually filled the 320gb hdd and a friend gave me their old 160gb since they purchased a new computer.  I'm currently collecting pieces for a new gaming build, so a new 1TB drive would be an amazing upgrade to what I use now.

Thanks Linus and WD for offering such awesome giveaways!!!

Was running a seagate 1TB "main drive" and a WD green 2TB "Media/Backup" Both died, and lost almost all my data. Was able to pickup a WD Black 1TB and couple of months ago, and its already full. 

955 BE 3.8Ghz | Ati 4890 2Gb | 8Gb 1600Mhz 

I'm running a Crucial M4 128gb, it was one of the top SSDs, a year or two when I got it, as far as affordable consumer grade goes. The boot speed and load times were amazing, and I couldn't afford a 256GB. Also running a 500GB Hitachi HDD that I salvaged from my old prebuilt that I bought 6 years ago as a storage drive, and a 500gb 2.5" laptop hitachi HDD that I took out of my 4 year old laptop that broke. Neither drive is reliable, and I really should replace them with something secure and reliable to actually keep my media and documents on, but that's not a financial option right now.

i got a Seagate barracuda 1TB, i wanted a SSD but i need alot of space for Games and Recording so i had to get the 1TB HDD :)

I have a 120GB Mushkin Chronos SSD which I use as a boot drive and to store all of my background applications like Steam, Origin, Mumble, Avast Antivirus, MSI Afterburner, etcetera. Currently it says I'm using 44.1GB of my SSD. I use a Western Digital 750GB Caviar Black HDD to store everything else such as all my games, images, music, videos, and an assortment of various text documents. Currently it says I'm using 219GB of my HDD. This setup makes my system very snappy while still offering plenty of storage. My boot time takes less than a minute now. Before, when I only used my HDD, it took several minutes.

im using samsung 1tb 7200rpb  for OS, games. and movies etc. im waiting for the SSD market to drop (100$ for 500gb ssd) somewhere around that area. but if i get this 4tb harddrive i will run all my movies, pictures, files. anything i will not want to lose  i would store it in that 4tb and run my samsung 1tb for OS and games till SSD comes down in pice. Good luck to everyone.

I currently use a an ocz vertex 4 for boot drive because its fast and i got it cheap for 120gb

I have a 2tb raid 1 for my games, movies and pictures these are segate 2tb baruccada drives, i got them cuz the wd reds were to expensive for my budget

I have 1 more 250gb drive were i keep my FLAC music and a few games i have this because i pulled it out of an old computer so it was free

I recently built my own computer with a Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB SATA 3 drive that I got on sale for $59.99 at NCIX. This is the main drive for all my FL Studio projects and sample packs. As you know, sample packs can get ridiculously large into a few terabytes. I've been meaning to buy another drive to run in RAID 1 as a redundancy drive in case my main drive is corrupted. Right now I'm abusing my Dropbox storage which I've used 40GB of 78GB at the moment. This isn't the most optimal set up for my workstation as you can tell. :) 

Twitter entry: https://twitter.com/Nitroxyl/status/377836754151030785

Twitter handle: Nitroxyl