WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech
On my desktop I use a Samsung 830 128GB SSD for my OS because it was the best when I got it. I have 8 internal & 14 external hard drives ranging from 1.5TB to 3TB. All of the drives are either Western Digital, Seagate or Hitachi and backed up on at least 2 drives, I always buy whatever is the cheapest per TB at the time. I have the entire alphabet filled up in My Computer except for Z, I could really use the (4) 4TB RED Drives to fill a NAS. Most of my storage is used for 1080i TV recordings that take up a lot of space. An hour show can take up 6 to 8GB depending on the bitrate of the channel, multiply that buy a few thousand recordings over many years and you have a nice digital hoard.

I am currently using a 1tb WD black for my games and a 128GB Vertex SSD for my boot drive. 

I chose to use this hardware as I use my computer mostly for gaming also for my studies I have my 1TB hardrive to store all my games from steam as I have 100+ games and the SSD to boot windows and the steam program and other programs I use regularly like iTunes.   

I have 1 500gb HDD that im using to games, music, videos etc. 2 of my older HDD's failed so i dont have much to go on with. 

AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.05 GHZ                 GIGABYTE GTX 760 2GB OC

i run a 750 gb 7200 RPM HDD cause im too broke to spend money on a HDD or SSD upgrade hardware QQ

1. I'm currently running a 1 TB Samsung HDD that came with my prebuilt HP system. All important photo's, documents, backups and video's are stored on two separate external harddrives (relatively cheap ones, I don't remember the name of them). Mainly because my dad doesn't want me to mess with the computer's internals. No home server because my dad didn't see the point of one (at the time) :( . I'm planning to build a whole new rig for myself not that far from now. There will probably be a SSD in it for the main programs and extra speed. For the mass storage I hope to be able to get my hands on a (RAID) Home Server for some redundancy/centralization.

2. Twitter share: @Nick14787 (https://twitter.com/Nick14787/status/377811996751572993)

I have a desktop, and I run a 1tb 5400rpm for my boot drive because it was in my pre-built system i bought like 2 years ago (some cheap HP), its not fast or anything but it does the job. I don't keep any storage drives in my system because i collect movies (over 2000 at the moment) i listen my music from grooveshark, I don't have backup drives but i do have about 2tb's of old holiday videos and pictures on CD'S (YES ON CD'S almost 1tb!) And 8-16gb flash drives. It would be great to be able to store all of my old files in a more compact way because right now its taking way too much room. (About 2 cardboard boxes under my bed) 

No twitter Or facebook.

As there are maybe too many PCs here there is a crazy (some will call paranoid backup) procedure here.

We are in a house with a computer nut (me) as well as 2 uni students, we have a 2 i7's (sandybridge & Ivy Bridge), i5 Haswell, 2 i3 (sandybridge & Ivy Bridge), all use SSDs as a boot device and have either a 500Gb or 1Tb disk as all the movies, video capture from the cctv is stored on the NAS.

I run 2 different Qnap NAS here one is a TS-869 Pro loaded with 8 x 2Tb consumer grade drives as RAID optimised drives were beyond my budget at the time the other is an older TS-559 Pro that uses rsync to keep a backup of the latest files from the Qnap TS-559 Pro. There is also 2 external 4Tb USB3 drives that holds yet another backup of the TS-869 Pro. The external drives are kept off-site, a daily backup of the main PCs here held on a small 1Tb 2.5" drive and I take that to a neighbour for safekeeping.

We did have a heap of WD green drives here but they seemed not to like the super hot weather we have here, other WD drives do seem to work better tho.

Have 128GB SSD, and 2TB storage. Would love 4TB storage. Why? Because 2TB is to low and there is a lot of stuff to share out there!

"Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys."

I'm pirate. U ban me Linus?

I have 256 GB ADATA SX900 SSD for the system, adobe programs and some games, because its super fast and I always wanted to try what the SSD experience feels like. It's awesome :)
I also have 1TB and 2TB WD Greens, because they're cheap, but reliable and I use them for storing Movies, Music, Photos and stuff.

And lastly Transcend StoreJet 120GB 1.8" external harddrive I got as a gift, it is a little handy drive I can take always with me.

twitter: https://twitter.com/daneczech92

I'm running a 180gb Intel 330 boot SSD for speed, and a WD Black 1tb for storage.

I run a 500GB Hitachi and a 320GB WD Caviar Blue from our old family PC. Why? Because I'm cheap. The Hitachi one is for boot/storage, and my extra WD Drive is for extra strorage/backups. No SSDs for me since I'm a cheap bastard. :D

I use a Samsung 840 pro 120gb as boot plus storing some games and most used programs

And then as a second drive I use a WD 1tb Black HDD for my steam collection and other random files 

ok my small list starts here

one pc has 2x Seagate Momentus xt 500gb and 2x 1tb Hitachi hard drives

one pc has 1 x SanDisk's Extreme 120gb ssd and two seagate 2tb hard drives

one pc has 1x120 ocz agilty ssd 1x 320 laptop hard drive ( seagate i think ) and two 2 tb seagate hard drives

one pc has just a 120gb ssd in it, cant think what it was as its just a media pc

i started out with the momentus xts as system drives in two diff pcs seeing how they compared to normal drives speed wise but after going for some ssd for boot drives they ended up in the same pc

the Hitachi drives i tried out because i read some article  about a Russian study on which drives fail more , they had a good rep , and they seamed to be cheap at the time were only costing me $au59 when i purchased them , still going strong after years of use, The 2tb seagates i got cheap on sale just prior to the floods , nicely timed i think ( brought 6 them all up sold some to friend )

that's not counting  my externals

13 x1 tb Seagate all my downloaded shows , music  and movies

1x 3tb My Book Studio WD ( never used it lol )

1x 2tb Hp Simple Save ( connected to my modem/router )

3x 1tb WD

3x 2tb WD  ( back up drives for the 13 x1tb's)

and not counting all the dead and semi dead drives a i have lying about

i really need to build a beast server one of these days :P

My first venture into building my own PC. I ended up going for 240GB Kingston Hyper X ssd for boot and a few applications and some of my favourite games, and then a 1TB seagate barracuda for all my videos, music, pictures and documents. Oh, yeah, and the rest of my games library...

1. I am currently using OCZ Agility III series 60GB SSD as my boot drive and a drive for software and also for League of Legends (it rapidly speeds up loading times). I am using it because the performance and the speed is amazing and because my system boots up in 10 seconds. Also I bought only 60GB because I think that it is enough for me for the system only and now I dont need my games to be at SSD at the moment. Then I have a new Seagate 7200.14 2TB drive for games, movies, photos etc. I bought it recently because my older drive started to be a little small and also because after reading reviews, recommendations and benchmarks this HDD came out with the best price/performance ratio. Then I also use my 5 year old Western Digital Blue 640GB. I currently use it as a backup for photos and other stuff.

2. Facebook share from Peter Bača: https://www.facebook.com/Bacik/posts/10200803077625287

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @Peter_Baca: https://twitter.com/Peter_Baca/status/377814035648872448

Hey okey so heres my setup:

boot disk: kingston hyper x 120 gb ssd (reason: i wanted a fast bootup)

storage drives: 1x wd 1tb (reason: i need a plase for my games and programs)

: 1x wd 2tb (reason: i need a place to have my pictures and movies and all that good stuff)

I run with a Samsung SSD 830 120 gigs and a standard Western digital 1 tb hdd. I love having an SSD it makes your system so much faster!, i would love to add some big storage to my rig to get all my steam games installed (almost 500)

I've been using wd for about 9 years and.. well after my 8 years old drive died i bought 2 1 tb caviar blues

one for my main pc and one for an external enclosure as a backup

I run an OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD for my boot drive and Samsung HD250HJ  for storage lol. Vertex 4 was the cheapest and most efficient way to breathe some life into my 6 year old PC and it made a huge difference even with SATA2. The Samsung HDD was my best choice at the time for the money I had left for the build.

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it

- Frederic Bastiat 1850

• Right now I run an OCZ Vertex 4 128GB in my laptop, it was a great deal for the performance when i got it. this is m main OS Drive
  • I use an external 2.5inch 500GB WD blue for most of my games and all other larger files

• When I Build my desktop  Next week i will be using the Vertex 4, WD Blue internally and will probably buy a 3TB seagate Barracuda as these drives have the best price per GB.
  • Im also planning on running two spare seagate 160GB 2.5 inch drives in raid 0 for my games for the performance boost.

Build Log: Monochrome

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H | Graphics Card: Asus HD 7970 DirectCU II | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600 | Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB,2 Seagate Baracuda 3TB | Case: Corsair 350D Window

My storage setup is a single 500gb hard drive in my laptop and I have that because that is what it came with. I am also planing a custom pc that will have a 1tb wd caviar blue because its cheap and reliable.

1. My storage configuration consists of a 3tb WD Green, a 3tb WD Red, a 500gb WD Blue, and two WD externals (1tb and 500gb respectively. I bought these a rather long time ago, so I don't really remember the model of these drives)

Why do I run this particular configuration? Previously when building my rig about 4 years ago, the WD Blue was the most affordable hard disk for me at that time as I was schooling while not working part time. I preferred using external drives back then (hence the purchase of the 1tb and the 500gb external) as I was more reliant on my laptop and needed my stored information to be portable.

However, as I developed other interests, my requirements for disk space kept increasing, and eventually I caved in and added more disks to my collection.

I chose to go for the 3tb as they are only slightly more expensive than the 2tbs and yet increase my storage capacity by another terabyte, reducing the constant need for upgrading and adding in my hard disks.

My WD Blue is nearing the end of it's lifespan, and in the following month, I will probably switch it up to a 2tb WD Black for the performance boost.

I prefer WD not just because of brand loyalty, but because of the good experience in general I had with WD drives. The externals in particular are still doing fine, although a seagate and a maxtor external purchased with them have already died!

using my wd green for everything (boot included) :( because of price! hell yeah greens!

64GB SSD for boot drive and essential small applications. (chrome, teamspeak, that sort of thing) 1TB and 256GB HDD for the rest of my documents and games. Use this because it's basically what I've accumulated over a couple of years and haven't invested much into storage yet. Works fine for me though :D

The Orange Box - Bitfenix Prodigy (Orange) / Asrock Z77E-ITX / Intel i5 2400 3.1GHz / Corsair H90 / 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 1600mhz / GTX 460 Super OC / Intel 60GB SSD / 1TB Seagate Barracuda / Seasonic G-Series 650W PSU

I have multiple WD HDDs. It started innocently enough with a 500GB Blue. Then, after reaching capacity, I added a 1TB Blue. After a ton of games and general media downloads later, I added a 2TB Green. I am now to capacity on all of these drives. I have, however, changed my OS drive (originally the 500GB) to a Samsung 240GB SSD. 

So that leaves 3 WD HDDs, each doubling and maxed in capacity, with no configuration for speed or redundancy.