Star Wars Club - A Guide to the Force - Rogue One Story Trailer + Updated Canon Timeline

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

I bought the ticket for the 16th, I avoided as much trailer hype as I could, hopefully it won't disappoint :D

I agree the more adult like tones have been weakened in Rebels, because it is Disney, but it isn't as different to The Clone Wars as you are trying to claim it is. If you compare season one and two of TCWs to Rebels, you can see the similarities in the fact that they both were just starting to get on their feet. The differences we have now do not make the show bad or a "kid's show" (as if that means it can't be great? Avatar: The Last Airbender is a "kid's show"). The Clone Wars treated character death, excluding Clones, very delicately. You didn't see main characters or main villains die left and right, especially not by Jedi hands. While the show's adult tones have been weakened, it hasn't been weakened so much that the show can't captivate and hold older viewers, it just allows a larger young audience as well.

I'm not saying your complaints aren't warranted, but I think you're just sore over The Clone Wars to see Rebels with somewhat unbias. That much is clear by how you word yourself...

Overall I feel like Rebels is a more consistently high quality show than Clone Wars.

I know that clone wars had some outstanding story arcs but you also had to sit through a lot of weaker material. Rebels is still a relatively new show, IMO it hasn't produced anything yet as good as the best of clone wars. But it is still more engaging on average, to me at least.

<snip>

I have to disagree with the Bonus poster.

Who ever made the poster needs to pay more attention to detail.

1) Leia remembers her Adopted Mother, She did not say she remembers her birth mother. Luke did not ask which one she remembers.

2) Anakin did not say he invented the droid, just that he built a protocol droid to help his mother.

3) The force is not micro-organisms, the micro-organisms are what made it possible to connect to the force.

4) Only Obi-wan really knew that Anakin was the Father, Padme was the one to admit it to Obi-wan and Obi-Wan did not tell Yoda at the end of the movie during/after the birth.

5) Yeah this one is inconsistent.

6) Yoda was his master above Qui-Gon, remember Obi-wan always spoke in perspectives.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1) Leia remembers her Adopted Mother, She did not say she remembers her birth mother. Luke did not ask which one she remembers. - becasue lucas didn't know the story for the prequals yet.  

2) Anakin did not say he invented the droid, just that he built a protocol droid to help his mother. - this was the greatest cop out of the prequals, they didn't have to connect c3po to lanikan.

3) The force is not micro-organisms, the micro-organisms are what made it possible to connect to the force.- BS

4) Only Obi-wan really knew that Anakin was the Father, Padme was the one to admit it to Obi-wan and Obi-Wan did not tell Yoda at the end of the movie during/after the birth. - He knew

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Star Wars !!!!!! and Avengers 2, and Jurassic World , and GTA 5 and AC Victory ofcourse 

star-wars-the-force-awakens-memes-06-dex

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Minor Update : People Are in Line for Star Wars: The Force Awakens Already

With ten days still to go before the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, people are already lining up.

The New York Times reports that more than 100 people are queued up at Hollywood's famous Chinese Theater in Los Angeles. An Australian woman at the front of the line, Caroline Ritter, said to a couple who stopped to snap a photo, "Yes, we still have a very long time to wait. No, we're not crazy."

Ritter and the rest got in line on Saturday, December 6, which means by the time the movie opens on the evening of December 17, they will have been in line for some 12 days. As Times asks, why would you stand in line when you can reserve a ticket online?

"At night you freeze and in the daytime you cook, but you come for the camaraderie and the chance to be a part of cinematic history," one man in line, Erik Murillo, said. "Besides, there are traditions to be upheld."

The Chinese Theater, which is now officially called TCL Chinese Theater IMAX, was one of only around 30 theaters that screened the original Star Wars movie in 1977. That was because distributor Fox reportedly had some reservations about the movie's mainstream appeal.

One person in line has a sign that says "The line awakens!" In addition, the theater has implemented some rules, including that tents need to be set up by midnight and taken down by 6 AM. What's more, a system has been put in place to allow people to drop out of the line for short periods of time (for bathroom breaks, etc.) and still retain their place.

For those films, fans camped out for six weeks. The organization has already secured a large portion of the tickets for the screening, and according to the group's rules, as long as fans log a total of 24 hours over the 12-day period, they're entitled to buy two of those tickets. They can also purchase one extra ticket for each additional 24 hours that they log. Emily Christiansen, one of the organizers from Liningup.net, tells LAist that the more hours that you log, the better your standing is for having the pick of the best seats in the house for the screening.

And, unlike the lines for previous Star Wars screenings where they wrapped around the block, the TCL Chinese Theatre has invited fans this year to set up tents inside the historic courtyard, though tents are required to be dismantled by 6 a.m. and can't be put up until midnight every day. They've even allowed them unprecedented access to the theater's restrooms during the night.

2F2E547C00000578-0-image-a-56_1449605680

2F2E549000000578-0-image-a-62_1449605760

2F2E062900000578-0-image-a-57_1449605689

2F2E16D700000578-0-image-a-58_1449605704

2F2E1A6B00000578-0-image-a-59_1449605711

2F2E549700000578-0-image-a-61_1449605743

09STARWARS-master675.jpg

DSC_1154.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Weekly Update (13/12/2015) - Every Friday. - Give the post a recommendation if you found this useful and follow for weekly updates.// being honest people like anime more than star wars here on LTT, so, i'll update it as i feel the mood to do so.

This Week's Releases :

2VdEa6e.png

Minor Updates :

Star Wars Premiers on Monday // 14th December.

Bonus :

CV9Gao9WsAAfi3t.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

An Add from HP

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

SNL knows exactly who the new Star Wars toys are for

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Minro Update : 

John Williams Conducts the Opening Scene to Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Go watch it, seriously. There is no Jar Jar Binks waiting for you.

What you get is a story that brings back nostalgia to the older films (scenes, character quirks, etc.), along with the passing of the torch to the newer characters. The timely humor is also very much welcome.

My only complaints would be:

1. JJ's reliance at CG to make up for poor camera angles.

2. In relation to camera angles/movement, this movie doesn't seem best to be watched in 3D or IMAX. The usage of green screens and CGI becomes obvious in several scenes.

3. Some characters don't get enough screen time.

If you want to keep things safe though, keep your expectations low if you can't HANdle it. :^)

Btw, have spoilers. Are you sure you want to go through with this?

Very sure?
Very very sure?
Don't blame me.
Ok.

-Poe Dameron is the freaking boss. This man can fly like god. WHO NEEDS JEDI PILOTS WHEN WE HAVE THIS GUY.

-Rey is the true Jedi/Force sensitive, not Finn despite him being built up as such.
-Han Solo is divorced from Leia after the loss of their son Ben Solo and goes back to smuggling with Chewbacca.
-Leia is General of the Resistance.
-Kylo Ren is Ben Solo, an amalgamation of sorts of Ben Skywalker and Jacen Solo from the novels, and is the son of Han and Leia.
-Kylo Ren's personality is basically Anakin in the prequels: whiny, fearful, wanting to prove himself, and a total dork.
-Kylo Ren and the First Order create a Death Star-like weapon that can destroy FIVE PLANETS AT ONCE.
-And yes, Kylo Ren kills Han Solo, who is vaporized in the destruction of the new Death Star-planet thing.
-Luke Skywalker only appears at the very last scene in a self-imposed exile due to failing Kylo Ren as a Jedi Master.

Should spoil the movie. With the spoiler code of course :^)

Let me edit my post. I put that up first because I had to organize my thoughts for the grand spoil.

My expectations are so low, some guy on the other side of the world mailed them back to me...

Keen though.... worthy of a watch for sure.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

geez, thanx

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

Go watch it, seriously. There is no Jar Jar Binks waiting for you.

What you get is a story that brings back nostalgia to the older films (scenes, character quirks, etc.), along with the passing of the torch to the newer characters. The timely humor is also very much welcome.

My only complaints would be:

1. JJ's reliance at CG to make up for poor camera angles.

2. In relation to camera angles/movement, this movie doesn't seem best to be watched in 3D or IMAX. The usage of green screens and CGI becomes obvious in several scenes.

3. Some characters don't get enough screen time.

If you want to keep things safe though, keep your expectations low if you can't HANdle it. :^)

How did you watch it where do you live

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

Risky click of the day.

I really want to watch it. But it'll be at least one week before i can get tickets

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

How did you watch it where do you live

Philippines, we had a gala premiere just today (well, yesterday, is it now 2:21 AM 12/16 here).

MpwjP8D.jpg

and I'm off. I'm tried, I literally went through a typhoon to watch this and sat in traffic for hours (considering this place is just a 10 minute drive without any traffic).

Philippines, we had a gala premiere just today (well, yesterday, is it now 2:21 AM 12/16 here).

MpwjP8D.jpg

nice.. im going to see it in imax / dbox in 2 days at like 3:45 am xD

yay or nay ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

nice.. im going to see it in imax / dbox in 2 days at like 3:45 am xD

yay or nay ?

Depends to be honest. I'm nit-picky due to my educational background. :P

I don't think most people even noticed it, so yay.

Screening Rules....

They be all like...Fuck your Phones... we want em.. we know what your like... with your piratelays and ubertorrence.... don't worry, you'll get em back....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Depends to be honest. I'm nit-picky due to my educational background. :P

I don't think most people even noticed it, so yay.

cool.

i ill personally watch the movie 2 times (french and english)  once have fun (fr) and one to fully apreciate.. and pick on the mistakes in english xD

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

#Nospoilersplz

12366340_1024443274266226_41405672741201

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker