vSync! Yes or No - Whats your opinion?

Hi,

I wanted to find out what people usually do with vSync. On of Off. I generally have it off because i usually turn everything off just so i can get like 20fps or something :P.

But I want your opinion! vSync On or Off and why!

Thanks

Arron

I have vSync off, I don't care about screen tearing and prefer the smoothness of gameplay

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

adaptive vsync.  otherwise you get mouse problems. but i also hate screen tearing so some kind of vsync is necessary 

It gives me mouse input lag of about half a second making games unplayable for me... :\

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

yes, I always have >9000 FPS, and let me tell you, the screen tearing is just terrible on the 16k monitor I use that runs at 60hz.

NO! The input lag gets to me, unless I'm playing a single player game and trying to get immersed or the fps fluctuating is causing worse frame lag than the input lag I will receive (I play with settings a LOT)

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I normally have it turned off because it gives me higher fps and I don't really need it.

SPECS: MOBO - INTEL DZ77GA70K EXTEME, CPU - i5 3570 @ 3.4GHz, MEMORY - CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2 x 4G, GPU - GIGABYTE HD7970 OC, HDD - WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 1TB, SDD - INTEL 520 SERIES 120GB, CASE - COOLERMASTER RC-682A-KWN5, PSU - THERMALTAKE SMART 750W, KEYBOARD - RAZER BLACKWIDOW ULTIMATE 2013, MOUSE - RAZER DEATHERADDER 2013.  :D

yes all the time because screen tearing is the most annoying thing while im gaming 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Normal vsync works fine for me.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I usually use it. >60fps is useless, waste of processing power when I have a 60hz monitor.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I use it. It helps a lot at 1366x768

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Don't need to at 1440p 120hz as i never really go over 120fps.. :)

For me adaptive vsync is too much of a hassle to apply with the nvidia control panel.

I only enable it to put less stress on my graphics cards, therefore making it quieter.

Off 24/7, Don't see a good reason to have it on in my case, Doesn't matter how high my fps is I still don't get screen tearing so spending over £200 on a graphics card is completely useless if im just going to sit at sluggish 60 fps, If I had a 120hz+ monitor i'd probably use adaptive, But on a 60hz monitor it's a waste of time

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

Don't need to at 1440p 120hz as i never really go over 120fps.. :)

Do you have the QNIX QX2710? If so, congrats on getting such a good overclocker, some people can barely go above 80hz.

Do you have the QNIX QX2710? If so, congrats on getting such a good overclocker, some people can barely go above 80hz.

Yes sir..I can do 125 but over that and i get green and blue lines on screen..

And everyone i know can hit at least 96hz..The only ones that don't really OC are the Display port models..

I have 60hz monitors and because I play with everything at best settings I rarely get to 60FPS so no point really.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

To bad IPS is incapable of switching properly at that rate and it shortens the monitor's life.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I had vsync off on minecraft, turning it on got rido f alot of stuttering despite my fps going at like 100 fps and 70 fps, it fluctates alot. Runs smoother.

Ya and you aren't suppose to OC a CPU either and it shortens there life also..But we still do it..And there are tons of guys who own a 144hz tn panel and sell it for the 1440p Qnix at 120hz.. Go read or ask these guys what they think about the difference..

Yes there is a little more motion blur but a 1440p at 120hz looks way better then your Dell at 60hz..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star/4870

Or even ask the guy who made the lightboost hack what he thinks about IPS not being able to OC right..He states there is only 10% more motion blur on a 1440p OCed 120hz monitor then a true 120hz none lightboost TN panel..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1339384/zero-motion-blur-lcd-nvidia-lightboost-hack-looks-like-crt-looks-like-480hz

I love when guys who don't know anything about Korean monitors chime in..Like there Dell made in Taiwan is any better. :lol:

Ya and CPU aren't suppose to OC a CPU either and it shortens there life also..But we still do it..And there are tons of guys smarter who own a 144hz tn panel and sell it for the 1440p Qnix at 120hz.. Go read or ask these guys what they think about the difference..

Yes there is a little more motion blur but a 1440p at 120hz looks way better then your Dell at 60hz..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star/4870

Or even ask the guy who made the lightboost hack what he thinks about IPS not being able to OC right..He states there is only 10% more motion blur on a 1440p OCed 120hz monitor then a true 120hz none lightboost TN panel..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1339384/zero-motion-blur-lcd-nvidia-lightboost-hack-looks-like-crt-looks-like-480hz

I love when guys who don't know anything about Korean monitors chime in..Like there Dell made in Taiwan is any better..

False analogy, sorry mate. As someone who has experience with both, I think you should shut your mouth.

False analogy, sorry mate. As someone who has experience with both, I think you should shut your mouth.

Have a great day...You ever wanna show any proof to anything you post let me know.. :P