Fury X Crossfire Almost 100% scaling @ 4k !

ahhming

That's actually really impressive good job AMD. It's a shame that the rest of the 300 series are just rebrands with slightly higher clocks  :mellow:

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

Awesome. Drivers will polish it further and it will run great. Awesome GPU for 4k! :)

Good job, but have they fixed the stuttering issues? I heard it made gameplay un-bearable.

No update yet, but I'm sure a new update to fully support the Fury X is almost done.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

That's not bad....

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

yay fury x has one more point for being better than the 980ti

You mean it got it's first point for being better then the 980 ti?

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

does arkham knight even support sli/cf?

does arkham knight even support sli/cf?

It supports SLI badly, and doesn't support CF at all. Hence the result.

I dont get why in all 4k tests they have AA cranked up.

I can tell because on bf4 at 4k ultra present my 980ti never dips below 60fps and tends to hover around 75 to 80.

and on GTA V all ultra settings mine stays around 65fps with no advanced graphics settings on.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

I'll admit I am bit of an Nvidia Fanboy but the Fury X is a sweet card! It is really nice to see competition between the two for once! 

I can tell because on bf4 at 4k ultra present my 980ti never dips below 60fps and tends to hover around 75 to 80.

and on GTA V all ultra settings mine stays around 65fps with no advanced graphics settings on.

It's ridiculous, at 4k the visual improvement from 2xmsaa to 4xmsaa is extremely hard to notice, in fact takes a little effort to see the difference between none at all and 2x

MY RIG- I call it the millennium falcon “she doesn’t look like much but she’s got it where it counts kid”

CoolerMaster HAFX, ASUS Maximus Ranger vii, Intel i-5 4690k @4.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, Reference GTX1080, 480GB SSD, Corsair RM850W. . Cooling- Corsair H60 w Noctua NF-F12, EK DBay res/pump combo, EK-FC1080FE block, 360mm radiator, 3x Noctua industrial 2000rpm fans. . Displays- LGOLED55B7V, ACER KG241. Peripherals- Corsair M65, Roccat RYOS MK-PRO, Logitech G633, Logitech G920

also is that a reference 980ti in the benchmark?

MY RIG- I call it the millennium falcon “she doesn’t look like much but she’s got it where it counts kid”

CoolerMaster HAFX, ASUS Maximus Ranger vii, Intel i-5 4690k @4.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, Reference GTX1080, 480GB SSD, Corsair RM850W. . Cooling- Corsair H60 w Noctua NF-F12, EK DBay res/pump combo, EK-FC1080FE block, 360mm radiator, 3x Noctua industrial 2000rpm fans. . Displays- LGOLED55B7V, ACER KG241. Peripherals- Corsair M65, Roccat RYOS MK-PRO, Logitech G633, Logitech G920

It's ridiculous, at 4k the visual improvement from 2xmsaa to 4xmsaa is extremely hard to notice, in fact takes a little effort to see the difference between none at all and 2x

I can't even notice the difference between no AA and 2x! I leave mine off! in some games like bf4 it gains about 20fps!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

You mean it got it's first point for being better then the 980 ti?

At least it already has its better thermals under control than the 980ti

but that's not really a selling point to many people!

yeah it runs cooler.. but in the grand scheme of things performance is what counts lol

Because it's water cooled, if it where air it would be horrible

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Nice. Definitely going to take those results and compare them to my 980ti sli setup

I have a potato!

Nice. Definitely going to take those results and compare them to my 980ti sli setup

I'd like to see your results if you wouldn't mind posting them here for comparison. I'm looking at both cards and it'd be nice to see.  :-)

I'd like to see this whenever you get around to it if you don't mind. Might sway me towards AMD when upgrading to a 980Ti or Fury X.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

They do it to make the Fury X look stronger than the Nvidia cards. HBM makes the Fury X have insane bandwidth when compared to the Maxwell GPU's, so turning on copious amounts of AA will slow the Nvidia cards down in terms of FPS, while the Fury X and crunch through the extra AA with ease. It has little to no effect visually, because of the resolution being so crisp as is. It only skews the results even more. If you looked at the benchmarks AMD provided about the Fury X, it showed plenty of games with AA on max at 4k. The only time the Fury X was ahead of the 980 Ti, was with those games having high AA on. When they showed a game with AA turned off, the 980 Ti tied the Fury X (which is still different than the results posted by several reviewers).

If you see a test with 4k AND AA, just assume the person benchmarking the cards is clueless and move on. It really does nothing to show people how these cards will perform on average.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Ok when I get home shortly, i will run these tests. Bare in mind I have a modded bios and an overclocked cpu. I will try to do a stock and overclock run.

I have a potato!

Good job, but have they fixed the stuttering issues? I heard it made gameplay un-bearable.

Crossfire and SLI are pretty much comparable in terms of frametimes these days.

They do it to make the Fury X look stronger than the Nvidia cards. HBM makes the Fury X have insane bandwidth when compared to the Maxwell GPU's, so turning on copious amounts of AA will slow the Nvidia cards down in terms of FPS, while the Fury X and crunch through the extra AA with ease. It has little to no effect visually, because of the resolution being so crisp as is. It only skews the results even more. If you looked at the benchmarks AMD provided about the Fury X, it showed plenty of games with AA on max at 4k. The only time the Fury X was ahead of the 980 Ti, was with those games having high AA on. When they showed a game with AA turned off, the 980 Ti tied the Fury X (which is still different than the results posted by several reviewers).

If you see a test with 4k AND AA, just assume the person benchmarking the cards is clueless and move on. It really does nothing to show people how these cards will perform on average.

Yeah running AA at 4K is very silly.  I can see an argument for 2x MSAA or FXAA/SMAA, but anything more than that is worthless.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti