Fury X Crossfire Almost 100% scaling @ 4k !

ahhming

Meh, it's like Nvidia not allowing board partners to redesign a flagship design. (ala Titan/X/Z)

I'm seeing AMD knowing what the FuryX is capable of, riding out the initial backlash of "This cards shit", drivers mature, HBM yields improve, the card kicks absolute arse and HALO CARD MOFO. Lets AIB design boards for the non X Fury

Damn got Rascal Ninjad

And that's the exact reason I don't already have a couple of Titan Xs. I don't want a couple of noisy, hot blowers any more than I want a bunch of AIOs.

What we might see is AMD do what Nvidia did, and have the Fury so inseparable from the Fury X that you can overclock the difference away, but that remains to be seen.

And that's the exact reason I don't already have a couple of Titan Xs. I don't want a couple of noisy, hot blowers any more than I want a bunch of AIOs.

What we might see is AMD do what Nvidia did, and have the Fury so inseparable from the Fury X that you can overclock the difference away, but that remains to be seen.

I do hope for this, ala 780Ti to the Titan and 980Ti to the TitanX,  they may be releasing the "Halo" cards first at exorbitant prices - profit - then release a card which is cheaper and more clockable - even more profit

I do hope for this, ala 780Ti to the Titan and 980Ti to the TitanX,  they may be releasing the "Halo" cards first at exorbitant prices - profit - then release a card which is cheaper and more clockable - even more profit

The obvious flaw in the plan is that the Titan X had such a poor cooler (the entire reason I didn't want one) that an aftermarket cooler can enable you to overclock beyond the limitations of the 100-ish CUDA cores that were missing, making the 980 Ti potentially better. Which imo is utterly stupid. Nvidia have reference designs only because they don't want different tiers of Titan -- they want it to be the one, the ultimate and the best. Which they do by making the second-best surpass it... I don't know Nvidilogic.

From what I've seen so far (which admittedly isn't that much and I hope this ends up not being the case) is that the Fury X doesn't really overclock that well on water. The chances of a cut down, air cooled version being able to overclock to more than make up the difference seem slim.

I dont get why in all 4k tests they have AA cranked up.

I can tell because on bf4 at 4k ultra present my 980ti never dips below 60fps and tends to hover around 75 to 80.

and on GTA V all ultra settings mine stays around 65fps with no advanced graphics settings on.

Maybe to symbolize the "MAXIMUM REQUIREMENTS" of today's AAA-Title games are like, instead of practical, of how people ACTUALLY use them.

Since it's a flagship Card, it should be pushed in the hardest possible way, meaning everything fully cranked up unrealistically.

But that's just an assumption :lol:  :lol:

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

Did you catch this weeks WAN Show? Apparently the Fury X does some weird things and they discovered something important about its operating environment. I cant wait for them to release the video.

Did you catch this weeks WAN Show? Apparently the Fury X does some weird things and they discovered something important about its operating environment. I cant wait for them to release the video.

Yah, watched it last night @4aminthemorning FTW :). Looking forward to it.

Also the fridge build looks errrrrr "interesting"

Lol, that link is for triple 4k  monitors by the way (11,520 x 2160p). I was scratching my head wondering why the numbers were so low.

Here's for 1080p, 1440p and 4k: http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/7226/amd-radeon-r9-fury-video-cards-crossfire/index3.html

Nice scaling from the Fury X's. Sad to see the Fury X losing out in single card configs to the 980Ti which i assume most people are running

Yea...I only ever care about single card configs.....  Having 2 cards is never an option for me. Used it once, did not think it was worth the heat factor. Plus... I lose my X-fi card when using SLI because of the Mobo's layout.

I don't even see how it's possible on some motherboards to get 3 way SLI when there are things near the pci-express slot that would block a dual slot card...the card would only work if it was single slot. I don't know of hardly ANY single slot GPU's.

Even with a 95%+ scaling, i avoid crossfire and sli like the plague. Maybe Direct x 12 will make for a friendlier environment.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

The obvious flaw in the plan is that the Titan X had such a poor cooler (the entire reason I didn't want one) that an aftermarket cooler can enable you to overclock beyond the limitations of the 100-ish CUDA cores that were missing, making the 980 Ti potentially better. Which imo is utterly stupid. Nvidia have reference designs only because they don't want different tiers of Titan -- they want it to be the one, the ultimate and the best. Which they do by making the second-best surpass it... I don't know Nvidilogic.

From what I've seen so far (which admittedly isn't that much and I hope this ends up not being the case) is that the Fury X doesn't really overclock that well on water. The chances of a cut down, air cooled version being able to overclock to more than make up the difference seem slim.

Temps in exces of 100 on the VRMs, my favourite.

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

Impressive...

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Minimum frame rates seem to be consistently lower (or rather a bigger drop) than other setups.

Are these big frame drops few and far between or a symptom of a weakness in the card?

I get stable 60 FPS with BF4 at 4k but no MSAA. Wish they'd disable other unneeded AA when it's in 4k, makes no sense.

Minimum frame rates seem to be consistently lower (or rather a bigger drop) than other setups.

Are these big frame drops few and far between or a symptom of a weakness in the card?

More of an issue with CFX and even SLI. AFR method is known for lower minimum framerates. Not sure about SFR because it's not relevant yet.
AFR was picked over SFR because it held higher framerates so it was considered the best option and SFR was a bit undeveloped for its time.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Temps in exces of 100 on the VRMs, my favourite.

What is that in response to? The Titan X having a shit cooler or wanting an air cooled Fury X? You are aware that it is possible to air cool VRMs? Just because it's common for (shit) graphics cards not to bother doesn't mean that it's impossible for a huge heat sink to make contact with the GPU, VRAM AND VRM.

What is that in response to? The Titan X having a shit cooler or wanting an air cooled Fury X? You are aware that it is possible to air cool VRMs? Just because it's common for (shit) graphics cards not to bother doesn't mean that it's impossible for a huge heat sink to make contact with the GPU, VRAM AND VRM.

I know...I am taking a jab at shitty stock coolers not just the TiX's but mostly all reference coolers.

I know...I am taking a jab at shitty stock coolers not just the TiX's but mostly all reference coolers.

Yeah. They have a nice aesthetic but launching a premium product like the Titan X and limiting it to the cheapest, shittiest, most ineffective cooler available and actively preventing other companies from making the product actually worth buying makes zero sense to me.

If I were spending £800 on a product I am probably not looking for corners like this to be cut in the name of parity. God knows there's enough of that in PC gaming.

Because it's water cooled, if it where air it would be horrible

not exactly true, look at the new 300 series, they are refreshes of the 290, and 290x (two hot cards) and are much cooler on air than before.  the Fury X is geared towards smaller builds, hence the water cooler.  Go look at any ITX version of a card on the market and you will see that they run hot, and are inefficient.  The included water cooler is to keep temps down in a small space

• CPU: Fx-8350 || Mobo: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev 4.0 || Ram: GSkill Ripjaws 16GB (2x8GB) || GPU: Sapphire Tri-X OC r9 290 || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro || Storage: Seagate 1TB (Main Storage), Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD (OS), Seagate 1TB external (backups/Media) || PSU: Raidmax 730 Watt || Displays: 2x 2x Acer 21.5" S220HQL || Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate || Mouse: Mad Catz R.A.T. 7

•  

Yeah. They have a nice aesthetic but launching a premium product like the Titan X and limiting it to the cheapest, shittiest, most ineffective cooler available and actively preventing other companies from making the product actually worth buying makes zero sense to me.

If I were spending £800 on a product I am probably not looking for corners like this to be cut in the name of parity. God knows there's enough of that in PC gaming.

Exactly, If we pay a premium on a card we want the best of the best not some stock cooler that's been recoloured. Even then AMD and Nvidia won't let board partners mess with flagships like TiX and Fury X which is kind of disappointing. :(

Exactly, If we pay a premium on a card we want the best of the best not some stock cooler that's been recoloured. Even then AMD and Nvidia won't let board partners mess with flagships like TiX and Fury X which is kind of disappointing. :(

At least the Fury X has a decent cooler in itself though! While Fury X as an upgrade would be out of the question for me because I think having three AIOs in my case would be silly, for someone only looking for one it would be fine.

It's ironic, the Titan X is a monster overclocker but it runs at very close to its thermal limit (about 80C if it's anything like the other Maxwell cards), whereas the Fury X has one of the best coolers on the market but doesn't seem to overclock particularly well if at all.

no offense, but whats the point of high avergae framerates?

Its the lows/frame drops that really ruin the experience, and looking at the graphs the fury x gets beaten badly.

Really hope next generation AMD will be actually competative again and come out with a new lineup instead of one super expensive card.

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

At least the Fury X has a decent cooler in itself though! While Fury X as an upgrade would be out of the question for me because I think having three AIOs in my case would be silly, for someone only looking for one it would be fine.

It's ironic, the Titan X is a monster overclocker but it runs at very close to its thermal limit (about 80C if it's anything like the other Maxwell cards), whereas the Fury X has one of the best coolers on the market but doesn't seem to overclock particularly well if at all.

I would try and custom cool Fury X's if it was allowed with EK's but I'm not sure that's possible :(

Maybe Nvidia's next Titan / Ti will come with a AIO which is asking for a lot by Nvidia's standards but it would go down a bit with the Overclockers.

I would try and custom cool Fury X's if it was allowed with EK's but I'm not sure that's possible :(

Maybe Nvidia's next Titan / Ti will come with a AIO which is asking for a lot by Nvidia's standards but it would go down a bit with the Overclockers.

Custom cooled Fury X would make sense if you wanted to crossfire them and/or you already had a custom loop. It would be more for the sake of neatness, rather than any tangible temperature benefit.

A Titan X on a custom loop, though, could be an absolute monster... assuming it isn't let down by the reference PCB.

Custom cooled Fury X would make sense if you wanted to crossfire them and/or you already had a custom loop. It would be more for the sake of neatness, rather than any tangible temperature benefit.

A Titan X on a custom loop, though, could be an absolute monster... assuming it isn't let down by the reference PCB.

Yeah Nvidia are bad for not letting board partners make better layouts / cooling on the top card.

Especially the Titan X of all the cards to NOT let AIBs mod. :P

The world needs more custom loops!